Automotive Tinted Window Panes: Introduction
- Increased awareness about privacy and surge in the demand for escort vehicles are fueling the demand for automotive tinted window panes. People outside the vehicle are unable to view the interiors of the vehicle that is fitted with tinted window panes.
- A translucent layer is coated on the window pane to make it tinted. The process of tinting window panes includes electro chromic glazing, dying of glass, and application of layer.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market
- Significant rise in preference for automotive tinted window panes is attributed to the rising demand of premium/ luxury vehicles in developed nations including Germany, the U. S., and the U. K.
- Several consumers prefer tinted window panes to maintain privacy, which is driving the market.
- Tinted window panes block up to 70% of UV rays, which helps maintain the environment in the vehicle cabin. Reduction of heat inside the vehicle cabin is likely to propel the tinted window panes market.
Smart Window/ Switchable Window to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Smart windows are windows coated with glazing whose light emission properties change on application of voltage, heat or light is applied on the window. Increasing penetration of smart/ switchable windows in premium vehicles is projected to drive the segment.
- Moreover, increasing investment by private and public investors in technology startups that deal with switchable or smart windows is likely to boost the smart/ switchable windows segment during forecast period. For instance, in November 2018, Softbank Vision Fund invested US$ 1.1 billion in California-based startup, View, which specializes in tinted window panes.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Government Norms and Regulations to Hamper Market
- Stringent norms related to tinted windows in several countries are likely to hamper the market. For instance, The Motor Vehicles Act 1988, India which says that the rear and front windshield should be 70% visible light transmission (VLT) and all side and other windows are restricted at 50% VLT. Furthermore, the Supreme Court of India, on 27 April 2012, ordered to remove all black films on window pane. Such norms by governments are estimated to hamper the market for tinted window panes.
- In the U. S., norms vary according to state legislation. Each state has diverse window tinting regulations. In New Mexico, windows should be 20% VLT, some states including Alaska, Vermont, and Michigan have 70% VLT. Factory tinted window panes generally have 74% to 85% VLT.
Market in North America to Expand Significantly
- Tinted window panes are mostly equipped in premium and luxury segment vehicles as per consumer requirement. Demand for tinted window panes is increasing from owners of premium and luxury car owners in the U. S. Moreover, several car buyers prefer tinted window panes after buying the vehicle in aftermarket segment. These factors are likely to drive the automotive tinted window panes market.
- Several countries across the globe have enacted numerous norms and regulations related to tinted window panes. These norms are likely to restrain the automotive tinted window panes market in those countries. Stringency of norms for tinted window panes in the U. S. is minimal, which fuels the market in North America.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global automotive tinted window panes market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 15% to 20% share of the market. Several key manufacturers of tinted window panes majorly operate in the aftermarket segment, which was responsible for the higher share held by other key player operating in the global market in 2018. A few key players operating in the global automotive tinted window panes market are:
- American Glass Products
- Asahi Glass
- Central Glass Co., Ltd
- Changjiang Glass
- Fuyao Glass Industry Group
- Guanghua Glass
- Lihua Glass
- NSG Group
- Pittsburgh Glass Works (PGW)
- Research Frontiers
- Taiwan Glass
- Xinyi Glass Holdings
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Tined Window Panes Market, ask for a customized report
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Type
- Factory Tinting
- Film Tinting
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Technology
- Smart Windows
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Manufacturing Process
- Layer Depletion
- Others (Glass Dying, Etc.)
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Vehicle Class Type
- Premium/ Luxury
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Sales Channel
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Original Equipment Supplier (OES)
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.