Automotive Tinted Window Panes: Introduction
- Increased awareness about privacy and surge in the demand for escort vehicles are fueling the demand for automotive tinted window panes. People outside the vehicle are unable to view the interiors of the vehicle that is fitted with tinted window panes.
- A translucent layer is coated on the window pane to make it tinted. The process of tinting window panes includes electro chromic glazing, dying of glass, and application of layer.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market
- Significant rise in preference for automotive tinted window panes is attributed to the rising demand of premium/ luxury vehicles in developed nations including Germany, the U. S., and the U. K.
- Several consumers prefer tinted window panes to maintain privacy, which is driving the market.
- Tinted window panes block up to 70% of UV rays, which helps maintain the environment in the vehicle cabin. Reduction of heat inside the vehicle cabin is likely to propel the tinted window panes market.
Smart Window/ Switchable Window to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Smart windows are windows coated with glazing whose light emission properties change on application of voltage, heat or light is applied on the window. Increasing penetration of smart/ switchable windows in premium vehicles is projected to drive the segment.
- Moreover, increasing investment by private and public investors in technology startups that deal with switchable or smart windows is likely to boost the smart/ switchable windows segment during forecast period. For instance, in November 2018, Softbank Vision Fund invested US$ 1.1 billion in California-based startup, View, which specializes in tinted window panes.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Government Norms and Regulations to Hamper Market
- Stringent norms related to tinted windows in several countries are likely to hamper the market. For instance, The Motor Vehicles Act 1988, India which says that the rear and front windshield should be 70% visible light transmission (VLT) and all side and other windows are restricted at 50% VLT. Furthermore, the Supreme Court of India, on 27 April 2012, ordered to remove all black films on window pane. Such norms by governments are estimated to hamper the market for tinted window panes.
- In the U. S., norms vary according to state legislation. Each state has diverse window tinting regulations. In New Mexico, windows should be 20% VLT, some states including Alaska, Vermont, and Michigan have 70% VLT. Factory tinted window panes generally have 74% to 85% VLT.
Market in North America to Expand Significantly
- Tinted window panes are mostly equipped in premium and luxury segment vehicles as per consumer requirement. Demand for tinted window panes is increasing from owners of premium and luxury car owners in the U. S. Moreover, several car buyers prefer tinted window panes after buying the vehicle in aftermarket segment. These factors are likely to drive the automotive tinted window panes market.
- Several countries across the globe have enacted numerous norms and regulations related to tinted window panes. These norms are likely to restrain the automotive tinted window panes market in those countries. Stringency of norms for tinted window panes in the U. S. is minimal, which fuels the market in North America.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global automotive tinted window panes market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 15% to 20% share of the market. Several key manufacturers of tinted window panes majorly operate in the aftermarket segment, which was responsible for the higher share held by other key player operating in the global market in 2018. A few key players operating in the global automotive tinted window panes market are:
- American Glass Products
- Asahi Glass
- Central Glass Co., Ltd
- Changjiang Glass
- Fuyao Glass Industry Group
- Guanghua Glass
- Lihua Glass
- NSG Group
- Pittsburgh Glass Works (PGW)
- Research Frontiers
- Taiwan Glass
- Xinyi Glass Holdings
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Tined Window Panes Market, ask for a customized report
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Type
- Factory Tinting
- Film Tinting
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Technology
- Smart Windows
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Manufacturing Process
- Layer Depletion
- Others (Glass Dying, Etc.)
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Vehicle Class Type
- Premium/ Luxury
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Sales Channel
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Original Equipment Supplier (OES)
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Automotive Tinted Window Panes Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.