Automotive Spur - Gear: Introduction
- Automotive spur gears are cylindrical in shape and are mounted on shafts that are parallel and coplanar. Moreover, the gear teeth are parallel to the shaft. Spur gears are commonly used in various applications as they are easy to manufacture and can be used for lower speed applications .The teeth of the spur gears are involute in profile and mesh constantly.
- Spur gears are used for low speed applications due to the involute profile of the spur gear teeth, which produces radial forces while meshing and causes high stress while power transmission. Spur gears can be made of steel, cast iron, and bronze. The external spur gear has teeth from the outside or external profile, when it meshes with the other gear and rotates in the opposite direction. Spur gears are utilized in steering systems, differential systems, and several other applications such as toys and clocks.
Key drivers of Automotive Spur - Gear Market
- Rise in vehicle production across the globe is estimated to boost the automotive spur gear market. Rise in demand for vehicles with smooth transmission system across the globe is likely to boost the automotive spur gear market. Diverse applications of spur gears are prompting every manufacturing industry to develop a better gear manufacturing process that fuels the production of gear with better quality, which in turn is estimated to boost the automotive spur gear market.
- Increase in number of small-scale and medium-scale industries that produce gears across the globe is projected to propel the automotive spur gear market. Demand for enhanced driving experience in terms of smooth gear shifting and improved acceleration in vehicles is high, which in turn is anticipated to fuel the automotive spur gear market. Plastic gears with reinforced carbon fiber technology are estimated to offer significant opportunity to key players in the global automotive spur gear market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific and Europe to hold prominent share of automotive spur gear market
- Asia Pacific is projected to account for a notable share of the global automotive spur gear market due to rise in the demand for vehicles in the region. Asia Pacific consist of developing countries including India and South Korea, which are home to a large number of small-scale and large scale manufacturing industries. This, in turn, is anticipated to propel the automotive spur gear market in Asia Pacific.
- Europe followed Asia Pacific, in terms of share of the global market, and emerged as a major market for automotive spur gear due to an increase in manufacturing facilities and urbanization in the region. Europe has presence of several advanced automated manufacturing facilities that help boost the production of spur gears in the region and subsequently, drive the automotive spur gear market in Europe.
Key players operating in automotive spur gear market
The global automotive spur gear market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive spur gear market are:
- SHOWA Corporation
- GKN Sinter Metals Engineering GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- KHK Gears Co. Ltd
- Cleveland Gear Company
- ABA PGT Inc.
- Bharat Gear
- Renold Plc
- Eaton Corporation
- BMT International SA
- Mahindra Gears
- B&R Motion Gears
- Samgong Gear Co. Ltd
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Spur-Gear Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Spur-Gear Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Spur-Gear Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Spur-Gear Market, by Material
- Cast Iron
Global Automotive Spur-Gear Market, by Application
- Rack & Pinion Mechanism
- Gear Motors & Pumps
- Fuel Pumps
- Marine Engines
Global Automotive Spur-Gear Market, by Type
- External Spur Gear
- Internal Spur Gear
Global Automotive Spur-Gear Market, by Sales Channel
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.