Automotive Pop-up Sunroof Market: Introduction
- Increasing production and sales of internal combustion (IC) and electric vehicles, due to rising disposable incomes of consumers, is estimated to boost the automotive pop-up sunroof market during the forecast period. Automotive pop-up sunroof is a panel that is utilized to uncover a window on the roof of the vehicle in order to allow light and fresh air to enter in the vehicle cabin. The pop-up sunroof is available in transparent or tinted color, while it opens by being pushed upwards. This sunroof can be controlled manually or electronically and can be installed at the front and backseat of the vehicle.
Key Drivers of Automotive Pop-up Sunroof Market
- Increase in production capacity of automotive vehicles enhances the demand for road transportation, which further drives the automotive pop-up sunroof market. Requirements and purchasing power of consumers in developed and developing countries is rising, which enhance the year-on-year adoption rate of automotive cars. This demand for automotive vehicles is fueling the need for development of roads and automotive manufacturers are enhancing their production capacity to meet requirements. Moreover, increased disposable income of consumers has also increased the adoption of sunroof cars and subsequently, fueled the demand for pop-up sunroofs.
- Rise in rate of adoption of sunroof for passenger and commercial vehicles in cold countries to absorb sunlight is boosting the transparent pop-up sunroof market. The pop-up sunroof is widely used in the vehicle to allow natural air to enter the vehicle cabin and maintaining the atmosphere of the vehicle. Moreover, rising preferences of consumers toward advanced features in vehicles is further driving the automotive pop-up sunroof market.
Challenges in Automotive Pop-up Sunroof Market
- Rising integration and maintenance cost of pop-up sunroof hampers the market. The integration of pop-up sunroof requires high cost, as the top of the vehicle needs to be cut, which requires advanced machines. Moreover, the maintenance cost of a sunroof is high; it stops working due broken motors or faulty tracks and begins to leaks due to chipped or shattered glass. This high cost also hampers the market.
- Automotive manufacturing had stopped due to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, which further declined automotive sales and consequently, restrained the pop-up sunroof market. Moreover, disruption of global supply chains, resulted in shortage of supply of raw material that is required for the production of automotive sunroof. This supply shortage hampered the automotive pop-up sunroof market. Penetration of pop-up sunroof is significantly low in the low vehicle segment, which in turn also restrains the market.
Opportunities in Automotive Pop-up Sunroof Market
- Manufacturers of electric vehicles are providing sunroof as an additional feature in the vehicle. Moreover, an increase in incentives by government and private authorities boosts the production capacity of electric vehicles, which in turn is expected to drive the pop-up sunroof market during the forecast period. In September 2020, the Government of India has declared new tax incentives to promote the sales of EVs; the government reduced tax from 21.55% to 17.16%. Likewise, the green recovery incentives were introduced in several countries across Europe, which further propelled sales of electric vehicles. These incentives by governments are offering substantial opportunity for the automotive pop-up sunroof market.
- Consumers in developing countries are following the trend to use sunroof in their vehicles; hence they are externally installing automotive sunroof, which is anticipated to drive the pop-up sunroof market in the near future. These rising trends drive the aftermarket sales segment of the sunroof market. Furthermore, the pop-up solar sunroof is majorly fitted in electric vehicles, which helps to charge the vehicle battery and is likely to drive the market in the near future.
Automotive Pop-up Sunroof Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Significantly
- Production of automotive vehicles, especially passenger cars is rising in Asia Pacific due to rising population, aggressive investments by manufacturers and governments for infrastructural development, and increasing urbanization in the region. This rise in automotive production further enhances the fuels the automotive pop-up sunroof market in the region. Moreover, the demand for premium vehicles, hybrid, and electric vehicles is rising in Asia Pacific, which is expected to further drive the market during the forecast period. Furthermore, companies in China and other countries in the region have developed electric vehicle charging stations. The automotive pop-up sunroof market in Europe is also expected to expand at a considerable pace, due to the high presence of luxury carmakers and increase in EV production in the region.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Pop-up Sunroof Market
The automotive pop-up sunroof market is highly consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive pop-up sunroof market are:
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
- Inalfa Roof Systems Group B.V.
- Webasto Roof Systems, Inc.
- Inteva Products, LLC.
- Johnan America, Inc.
- Yachiyo Industry Co., Ltd.
- CIE Automotive
- BOS GmbH & Co. KG
- Auto Sound Company, Inc.
- Summit Sound & Security, Ltd.
Global Automotive Pop-up Sunroof Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Pop-up Sunroof Market, by Material
Global Automotive Pop-up Sunroof Market, by Operation
- Manually Operated
Global Automotive Pop-up Sunroof Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Electric Vehicles
Global Automotive Pop-up Sunroof Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Pop-up Sunroof Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.