Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System: Introduction
- Automotive pedestrian protection system refers to an essential safety feature that helps to alert the driver about crossing pedestrians and cyclist. The system also assists the driver and activates the brake of the vehicle through the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) in case of a frontal collision. Manufacturers design the vehicle to absorb maximum energy of an impact, thereby, avoiding injuries to the colliding object or pedestrian.
- Pedestrians include people who walk and also the bicyclists. Injuries tends to be severe when the pedestrian’s head strikes against the vehicle bonnet and windshield. This system ensures that the intensity of such an injury remains minimal.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System Market
- Rising trend toward autonomous vehicles (AVs) is propelling the automotive pedestrian protection vehicle system. Presently, every vehicle manufacturing company is focused on improvement of vehicle safety. The pedestrian protection vehicle system employs sensors located behind the bonnet to ensure pedestrian safety. When the pedestrian strikes the vehicle, the acceleration sensor transmits a signal to the control unit, which lifts the bonnet up. Furthermore, an AV incorporates several systems including pedestrian protection vehicle system, lane assist, and ADAS system to enhance vehicle safety.
- Stringent regulations related to vehicle safety are further boosting the global automotive pedestrian vehicle system market. According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), U.S.A., in 2018, 36,600 people died owing to vehicle accidents. Therefore, government and regulatory authorities including NHTSA, United Nations Organization, and the European Commission have taken initiatives and enacted country-wide vehicle standards and legislations that mandate implementation of the pedestrian protection system in a vehicle in order to address the issue of increasing rate of accidental deaths.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive pedestrian protection vehicle system market
- Increasing research and development in technology of electric vehicles (EVs) and autonomous vehicle (AVs) in China, Japan, and India is fueling the pedestrian protection vehicle system market in Asia Pacific. Newly developed EVs and AVs are integrated with more number of safety systems such as ADAS, pedestrian protection system, and ABS.
- New entrants in the automotive market in China, India, Japan, and South Korea are likely to influence research and development of the pedestrian protection system in the automotive market in Asia Pacific. Statistics about pedestrian death in South Korea reveal that the pedestrian protection vehicle system is likely to play a vital role in the automotive industry in the country.
- Consequently, all factors mentioned above are likely to propel the automotive pedestrian protection vehicle system market in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in global automotive pedestrian protection vehicle system market
The global automotive pedestrian protection vehicle system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive pedestrian protection vehicle system market are:
- Mazda Motors Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Magna International
- Continental AG
- Delphi Automotive
- Subaru Corporation
- WABCO Holdings Inc.
- Valeo SA
- Hitachi Automotive system Ltd.
- Denso Corporation
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System Market, by Autonomous Type
- Fully Autonomous
Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System Market, by Type
- Active Pedestrian
- Passive Pedestrian
Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System Market, by Component
- Airbag ECU
- Pedestrian Collision Detection Sensor
Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Pedestrian Protection Vehicle System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.