Automotive Partial Zero Fuel Emission System Market: Introduction
- The purpose of automobile evaporative emission systems is to reduce or eliminate the release of vaporized hydrocarbons (HC) into the atmosphere. The major source of these HC vapor emissions is the automobile fuel system. Automobiles equipped with partial zero fuel components are expected to have zero evaporative emissions from its fuel system, and have a 15-year or at least 150,000-mile warranty on its emission-control components, thereby complying with super ultra-low emissions vehicle (SULEV) tailpipe-emission standards.
Key Drivers of Automotive Partial Zero Fuel Emission System Market
- Stringent emission standards in developed nations is a major factor driving the automotive partial zero fuel emission systems market. For instance, California has drafted a voluntary framework to reduce emissions that can serve as an alternative path forward for clean vehicle standards nationwide. The framework supports continued annual reductions of vehicle greenhouse gas emissions through the 2026 model year. Automakers who agreed to the framework are Ford, Honda, BMW of North America, and Volkswagen Group of America. PZEVs are quickly becoming the norm in gasoline vehicles. In fact, under the EPA’s Tier 3 Vehicle Emissions standards passed in 2014, all cars sold in America by 2025 would be PZEVs.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Partial Zero Fuel Emission System Market, Request for a Sample
Restrains in Automotive Partial Zero Fuel Emission System Market
- Partial zero fuel emission technology does not reduce CO2 emissions from the vehicles or have any effect on fuel-efficiency. This factor is a major restraint to the market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected domestic as well as international automotive supply chains, manufacturing and R&D operations and consequently, hampered the automotive industry. Post first wave of COVID-19, global economies have started opening up automotive manufacturing and supply chain operations, thus the COVID impact on the industry have seems to reach a state of normalcy; however, a resurgence in COVID-19 cases in countries across Europe has prompted governments to impose a second round of lockdown restrictions and hence, the uncertainty in the automotive industry continues. A gradual recovery in the demand for automotive and ancillaries is anticipated in the next few months despite concerns around the risk of a second wave of infection in numerous countries and other geopolitical risks.
Opportunities in Automotive Partial Zero Fuel Emission System Market
- Gasoline cars dominate the two major car global markets. Gasoline is by far the most popular fuel among consumers. During the first half of the 2019, 92% of passenger car sales were featured with gasoline fossil type. Therefore, rising gasoline cars sales and concerns over the super ultra-low emissions tailpipe standards for zero evaporative emissions are providing opportunity for manufacturers of automotive partial zero fuel emission systems.
North America Dominated Global Automotive Partial Zero Fuel Emission System Market
North America dominated the global automotive partial zero fuel emission system market in 2019. The U.S especially led the market in the region, in all 50 states of U.S partial zero fuel emission vehicles are sold. Partial zero fuel emission fuel systems are developed to meet the air quality standards of California, the most stringent in North America. Evaporative emissions from motor vehicles constitute about half of the reactive organic gas (ROG) inventory in California and nearly 40% in the Northeastern United States. The Governor of California executive order B-16-2012 in March of 2012 directed California to encourage the development and success of zero-emission vehicles to protect the environment, stimulate economic growth, and improve air quality in the state. The Governor’s Executive Order sets a long-term target of reaching 1.5 million ZEVs on California’s roadways by 2025.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Partial Zero Fuel Emission System Market
The global automotive partial zero fuel emission system market is fragmented with limited players. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive partial zero fuel emission system market are:
- ZF Friedrichshafen
- Delphi Technologies
- Didac International
- Eagle Industry Co., Ltd.
- TI Automotive
- Robert Bosch
- Sentec Group
- Standard Motor Products Inc
- Stant Corporation
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Partial Zero Fuel Emission System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Partial Zero Fuel Emission System Market, by Technology
- Permeation Controls
- Carbon Canisters
- Activated Carbon
- Air Intake Systems (AIS)
- On-Board Refueling Vapor Recovery
Global Automotive Partial Zero Fuel Emission System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Duty Vehicle
- Medium & Heavy Duty Trucks
- Buses & Coaches
Global Automotive Partial Zero Fuel Emission System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Partial Zero Fuel Emission System Market, by Drivetrain
- ICE Vehicle
- Hybrid Vehicle
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.