Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market: Introduction
- Heat Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) unit is a system that heats or cools air drawn from outside or inside of the vehicle and distributes it to passengers as well as the driver at the desired temperature. This system creates ambient comfort within the vehicle.
- Multi-zone HVAC systems are used to separate different climate control areas inside the vehicle cabin. Multi-zone air conditioning systems have separate controls for the driver and passengers. These systems offer different temperatures and fan speeds. Air condition vents are located at multiple locations across the vehicle cabin because of the different zones.
- There are no walls or dividers between different zones; therefore, the air conditioning unit achieves the desired temperature by mixing air flow in order to create an outcome that is the average of its output
Key Drivers of Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market
- Better driving comfort is a major factor affecting the design and modelling of vehicles. Traditional automotive HVAC systems treat the entire vehicle interior as one large compartment. The air vents were designed with the focus on driver comfort. This often resulted in poor air circulation in the rear of the vehicle. These drawbacks of traditional HVAC systems prompted vehicle occupants to demand more individualized comfort. This led to the emergence of multi-zone HVAC systems. These systems create separate climate zones in the vehicle as per comfort of every occupant. Thus, changing customer expectations for vehicle comfort are driving the automotive multi-zone heating and ventilating system market across the globe.
- Rise in per capita GDP has led to an increase in the purchasing power of people across the world. According to the European Union, spending of global middle class population is expected to reach US$ 64 Trn by 2030 from US$ 37 Trn in 2017. This rise in purchasing power has increased the sale of luxury vehicles and utility vehicles. These vehicles are fitted with advanced multi-zone HVAC systems that provide climate control for three, four, or even five separate zones. The BMW X7, Mercedes-Benz GLS, and other such luxury vehicles have five zone climate control systems. Thus, increase in demand for luxury and utility vehicles is boosting the global automotive multi-zone heating and ventilating system market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Challenges in Global Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market
- High maintenance cost and complexity of the systems due to use of additional air vent doors and actuators to separate airflow are hampering the global automotive multi-zone heating and ventilating system market
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market
- Production and sale of vehicles has declined due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This has adversely affected the demand for multi-zone air conditioning systems. However, governments of various countries are easing restrictions related to the pandemic. Companies are restarting their operations with precautionary measures. This is estimated to propel the global automotive multi-zone heating and ventilating system market.
Opportunity in Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market
- Consumer inclination toward next-generation mobility, such as electric and autonomous vehicles, is prompting Tier 1 suppliers of HVAC systems and OEMs to develop smart HVAC systems that sense the presence of an occupant and automatically adjust the air flow and temperature. These systems reduce fuel or power consumption and provide individualized comfort. These advanced smart HVAC systems are estimated to offer significant opportunities for the players in the global automotive multi-zone heating and ventilating system market in the near future.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market, Request for a Sample
North America & Europe Hold Significant Share of Global Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market
- North America and Europe account for significant share of the global automotive multi-zone heating and ventilating system market due to the strong presence of luxury car manufacturers in these regions who are incorporating these zonal HVAC systems in their vehicles. OEMs such as Daimler AG, BMW AG, and AB Volvo are some of the manufacturers of luxury cars in North America and Europe who have equipped their luxury and long vehicles including SUVs with multi-zone HVAC systems.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market
The global automotive multi-zone heating and ventilating system market is highly concentrated due to the presence of the leading manufacturers. Key players operating in the global automotive multi-zone heating and ventilating system market include:
- Air International Thermal Systems
- Behr-Hella Thermocontrol GmbH
- BorgWarner Inc. (Delphi Technologies)
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Hanon Systems
- MAHLE GmbH
- Sanden Holdings Corporation
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
Global Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market, by Operation
Global Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market, by Number of Zones
- Two Zones
- Three Zones
- Four Zones
Global Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Luxury/Premium Vehicles
- Mid-segment Vehicles
- Entry-class Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
Global Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Multi-zone Heating and Ventilating System Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.