Automotive Heated Mirror Market: Introduction
- Automotive heated mirror is a combination of electronic heating system in a vehicle’s mirror used to eradicate smog, ice, and fog from the mirror. It also increases visibility by preventing the mirror from fogging. Automotive heated mirror is integrated with a defrost switch on the vehicle’s dashboard in order to activate the heating of mirrors.
- The situations formed in colder and snowfall areas or valley where conventional automotive mirror faces the problem of visibility generally blocked due to fog and snow. This, sometimes, leads to misjudgment while driving. However, automotive heated mirror curbs this complexity and averts the mirror from such a consequence. This is likely to drive the global automotive heated mirror market in the near future.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Automotive Heated Mirror Market
- Automotive heater mirror eliminates the requirement of ice scraper in order to clear ice from the side mirror. Ice damages mirror glass, its adjuster, and mirror housing.
- Automotive heater mirror protects mirror from harsh cleansers and offers long lifespan, along with superior visibility
- Safety concerns while driving vehicles, especially in mountains and foggy climate, and demand for smart mobility are likely to boost the adoption of automotive heated mirrors
- Technological upgrades with desirable vehicle features and modern advanced sophisticated systems and components fitted in premium and high-end vehicles offer high safety, comfort, and driver assistance. This is driving the demand for luxury vehicles, thus fueling the adoption of automotive heated mirrors.
- High cost of automotive heated mirrors and its low usage in dry areas are likely to hinder the growth of the automotive heated mirror market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Side Mirror Technology Segment to Witness High Demand
- In terms of technology, the global automotive heated mirror market can be segregated into windshield rear-view mirror and side mirror
- Side mirror technology segment leads the global automotive heated mirror market and is anticipated to remain dominant during the forecast period. Two side mirrors are used in a vehicle and suffers the most the extreme weather conditions, thus invisibility due to formation of frost or ice on the mirror may lead to severe accident
- Automotive heated side mirrors are designed to ensure improved visibility and safety. This is likely to augment the segment growth during the forecast period.
Smart Heated Mirror has Significant Growth Potential
- In terms of product type, the global automotive heated mirror market can be bifurcated into conventional heated mirror and smart heated mirror
- Smart heated mirror is a promising segment of the automotive heated mirror market and is anticipated to witness noteworthy growth during the forecast period. Growth of this segment can be majorly attributed to its added application which makes it operate automatically as per the weather conditions. Furthermore, it provides a clear and superior view of roads through its built-in LCD monitor. Smart heated mirror is likely to acquire the share of conventional heated mirror market in near the future.
Europe to Lead the Global Automotive Heated Mirror Market
- In terms of region, the global automotive heated mirror market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is leading the global automotive heated mirror market. This is primarily due to its high adoption rate in Nordic and Baltic countries, followed by the U.K., Germany, France, Italy, and Spain. These countries have considerably low temperatures and suffer from snow or smog for majority of times in a year leading to safety issues while driving. Moreover, presence of key automakers and OEMs in the region coupled with high purchasing capacity of sophisticated components are prime fueling the demand for automotive heated mirror market in the region during the forecast period.
- Implementation of safety norms and regulations imposed by the European Union of the automotive industry, along with consumer awareness about safe driving are other factor boosting the growth of the automotive heated mirror market in Europe
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Heated Mirror Market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global automotive heated mirror market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Gentex Corporation.
- Ficosa Internacional SA
- Samvardhana Motherson Automotive Systems Group B.V.
- Continental AG
- Magna International Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Valeo SA
- Ford Motor Company
Global Automotive Heated Mirror Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Heated Mirror Market, by Location
- Windshield Rear-view Mirror
- Side Mirror
Global Automotive Heated Mirror Market, by Product Type
- Conventional Heated Mirror
- Smart Heated Mirror
Global Automotive Heated Mirror Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Heated Mirror Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Heated Mirror Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.