Automotive GDI Pump: Introduction
- Gasoline vehicles are more fuel efficient than diesel vehicles and generate comparatively lesser vehicle emission. Therefore, demand for gasoline vehicles is projected to rise at a rapid pace during the forecast period, as compared to the demand for diesel vehicles. Every gasoline vehicle contains a Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) pump, as it is an essential component in gasoline vehicles.
- The GDI pump is responsible for pumping fuel in the cylinder of the engine. It provides required pressure to the fuel in order to enter into the cylinder of the engine.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive GDI Pump Market
- In Europe, more than 90% passenger vehicles are gasoline vehicles and hence, the region holds a significant share of the global GDI pump market. Stringent regulatory norms by the European Union regarding vehicle emission have increased the demand for low emission vehicles. Therefore, demand for gasoline vehicles and ultimately GDI pump is increasing at a rapid pace in Europe.
- The automotive GDI pump improves fuel efficiency of the vehicle. Improved fuel efficiency reduces the running cost and eventually also reduces maintenance cost, which in turn enhances engine life. These key factors are ultimately attributed to the decline in fuel consumption, which ultimately boosts sales of GDI pump.
- Effective usage of GDI pump in vehicles and improved maintenance of vehicle engines, which helps enhance vehicle life, are driving the automotive GDI pump market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger vehicle segment to offer attractive opportunities
- The passenger vehicle segment is likely to hold a significant share of the market by end of forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for utility vehicles in highly populated countries such as China, India, and Brazil.
- High demand for crossovers, SUVs, and hatchbacks is driving the passenger vehicle segment, which in turn is likely to boost the automotive GDI pump market. Rise in preference for private transport and buying power of consumers is driving the passenger vehicle segment of the market.
Introduction of electric vehicles to hamper market
- A study conducted by several associations including ACEA supported by government of major countries estimated that increasing usage of battery electric vehicles (BEVs) is likely to reduce carbon emissions significantly. Moreover, introduction of BEVs would reduce emission of other harmful pollutants including gases that are responsible for greenhouse gases and overall increase in the average global temperature.
- By 2040, production of battery electric vehicles is expected to account for 40% of overall vehicle production. This, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the market for automotive GDI pump.
- Pricing of battery electric vehicle is on marginally high, presently, as compared to that of conventional vehicles. Continuous R&D and reduction in component prices of battery electric vehicles are projected to make BEVs more affordable. Advent of battery electric vehicles and rising demand for these vehicles are likely to hinder the automotive GDI pump market, since pure battery electric vehicles do not require GDI pump as they do not contain internal combustion engines.
Asia Pacific to hold significant share of global market
- Asia Pacific comprises rapidly expanding economies, including India and those in ASEAN, which is likely to witness higher demand for vehicles and consequently, boost the automotive GDI pump market during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global automotive GDI pump market due to higher volume of vehicles produced in prominent countries, including China and Japan, and lower manufacturing and labor cost across the region. Significant market share held by Asia Pacific in 2018 is attributed to the expansion of the automotive industry in the countries in ASEAN and India, owing to rising purchasing power parity and increasing demand for vehicles in these countries. Moreover, availability of inexpensive labor and raw material in the region coupled with increasing number of local manufacturers is likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive GDI Pump Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global automotive GDI pump market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25% to 30% share. Key players operating in the global automotive GDI pump market are:
- TBK Co., LTD
- TRW Automotive
- Denso Corporation
- Delphi Automotive
- Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd.
- FTE Automotive
- Mitsuba Corp
- Mikuni Corporation
- Rheinmetall Automotive AG
- Magna International
- Johnson Electric
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- MAHLE GmbH
- Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
- SHW AG
- Magneti Marelli
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market, by Displacement
- Fixed Displacement
- Variable Displacement
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market, by Pump Type
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market, by Discharge
- Gear Pump
- Vane Pumps
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.