Automotive GDI Pump: Introduction
- Gasoline vehicles are more fuel efficient than diesel vehicles and generate comparatively lesser vehicle emission. Therefore, demand for gasoline vehicles is projected to rise at a rapid pace during the forecast period, as compared to the demand for diesel vehicles. Every gasoline vehicle contains a Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI) pump, as it is an essential component in gasoline vehicles.
- The GDI pump is responsible for pumping fuel in the cylinder of the engine. It provides required pressure to the fuel in order to enter into the cylinder of the engine.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive GDI Pump Market
- In Europe, more than 90% passenger vehicles are gasoline vehicles and hence, the region holds a significant share of the global GDI pump market. Stringent regulatory norms by the European Union regarding vehicle emission have increased the demand for low emission vehicles. Therefore, demand for gasoline vehicles and ultimately GDI pump is increasing at a rapid pace in Europe.
- The automotive GDI pump improves fuel efficiency of the vehicle. Improved fuel efficiency reduces the running cost and eventually also reduces maintenance cost, which in turn enhances engine life. These key factors are ultimately attributed to the decline in fuel consumption, which ultimately boosts sales of GDI pump.
- Effective usage of GDI pump in vehicles and improved maintenance of vehicle engines, which helps enhance vehicle life, are driving the automotive GDI pump market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger vehicle segment to offer attractive opportunities
- The passenger vehicle segment is likely to hold a significant share of the market by end of forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for utility vehicles in highly populated countries such as China, India, and Brazil.
- High demand for crossovers, SUVs, and hatchbacks is driving the passenger vehicle segment, which in turn is likely to boost the automotive GDI pump market. Rise in preference for private transport and buying power of consumers is driving the passenger vehicle segment of the market.
Introduction of electric vehicles to hamper market
- A study conducted by several associations including ACEA supported by government of major countries estimated that increasing usage of battery electric vehicles (BEVs) is likely to reduce carbon emissions significantly. Moreover, introduction of BEVs would reduce emission of other harmful pollutants including gases that are responsible for greenhouse gases and overall increase in the average global temperature.
- By 2040, production of battery electric vehicles is expected to account for 40% of overall vehicle production. This, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the market for automotive GDI pump.
- Pricing of battery electric vehicle is on marginally high, presently, as compared to that of conventional vehicles. Continuous R&D and reduction in component prices of battery electric vehicles are projected to make BEVs more affordable. Advent of battery electric vehicles and rising demand for these vehicles are likely to hinder the automotive GDI pump market, since pure battery electric vehicles do not require GDI pump as they do not contain internal combustion engines.
Asia Pacific to hold significant share of global market
- Asia Pacific comprises rapidly expanding economies, including India and those in ASEAN, which is likely to witness higher demand for vehicles and consequently, boost the automotive GDI pump market during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific held a leading share of the global automotive GDI pump market due to higher volume of vehicles produced in prominent countries, including China and Japan, and lower manufacturing and labor cost across the region. Significant market share held by Asia Pacific in 2018 is attributed to the expansion of the automotive industry in the countries in ASEAN and India, owing to rising purchasing power parity and increasing demand for vehicles in these countries. Moreover, availability of inexpensive labor and raw material in the region coupled with increasing number of local manufacturers is likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive GDI Pump Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global automotive GDI pump market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25% to 30% share. Key players operating in the global automotive GDI pump market are:
- TBK Co., LTD
- TRW Automotive
- Denso Corporation
- Delphi Automotive
- Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd.
- FTE Automotive
- Mitsuba Corp
- Mikuni Corporation
- Rheinmetall Automotive AG
- Magna International
- Johnson Electric
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- MAHLE GmbH
- Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
- SHW AG
- Magneti Marelli
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market, by Displacement
- Fixed Displacement
- Variable Displacement
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market, by Pump Type
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market, by Discharge
- Gear Pump
- Vane Pumps
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive GDI Pump Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.