Global Automotive GD (Gasoline Direct) Injector Market: Introduction
- GD injector, also called gasoline direct injection, is a technology that helps increase vehicle efficiency by introducing pressurized fuel into the fuel combustion chamber of a vehicle. Direct fuel injection into a combustion chamber helps achieve high air-to-fuel compression ratio, which in turn leads to better fuel combustion, thereby increasing fuel economy.
- Increased vehicle performance and thermal efficiency are added advantages provided by this technology, which further enhances the life of the vehicle engine
- Automotive GD injector has been adopted by almost every automaker in order to stay competitive in the market, which is driving the GD injector market
Key drivers of global automotive GD Injector market
- Demand for increased fuel economy and reduced vehicle emissions is attributed to various regulations and legislations implemented by government authorities and regulatory bodies worldwide. For instance, Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, USA, mandates an increase in fuel economy of America’s cars, light trucks, and SUVs to a combined average of at least 35 miles per gallon by 2020.
- Increasing awareness about global warming and its aftereffects is compelling vehicle manufacturers to comply with environmental protection norms and vehicle standards. For instance, EURO 6 implemented in Europe, GHG/fuel economy regulation for heavy-duty trucks adopted in 2011 in America, and Bharat Stage VI standards adopted in India are a few norms implemented in various countries to curb air pollution, which in turn are driving the demand for technologies that increase fuel economy. Consequently, this is driving the market for automotive GD injector.
- Use of an automotive GD injector coupled with turbocharger delivers better results, such as increased fuel economy and high engine power. Furthermore, incorporating a turbocharger helps deliver more power without compromising on the size of the engine. For instance, the Mazda3’s combined fuel economy jumped from 28 mpg in 2010 to 32 mpg in 2012 when a GD system was implemented in the vehicle engine. Robert Bosch GmbH, a Germany-based OEM, claims that a gasoline direct injection system cuts fuel consumption by 15%, and it can provide up to 50% more low-end torque as compared to that provided by indirect injection system.
- An automotive GD injector coupled with gasoline particulate filters (GPF) helps control particulate emissions from gasoline direct injection (GD) engines
- All the factors mentioned above are driving the market for automotive GD injector
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger vehicle segment to dominate the global automotive GD Injector market
- Rising preference for owning a vehicle, owing to a rise in income and purchasing capacity of a significantly large population, is boosting the demand for fuel-efficient vehicles in the market. The GD technology enhances vehicle performance by reducing fuel consumption, and boosting the horsepower generated by the engine, without increasing the size of the engine. For instance, using a GD injector in the Cadillac CTS has increased engine by 36 hp.
- Increasing demand for transport in urban areas, owing to rapid urbanization, is fueling the market for fuel-efficient vehicles enabled by technologies such as GD injector
High costs of GD enabled engines to restrain global automotive GD Injector market
- Integration of a GD injector in a vehicle offers several benefits; however, the cost of GD engines is higher than their counterparts - indirect engine. For instance, according to a press release by Audi AG, where an engine development chief at Audi claims that direct injection engines being fitted into Audis would cost 5% more to build, as compared to the cost of ordinary engines.
- Contamination of GD injectors hampers the performance and fuel economy of the engine considerably. Different cleaners and cleaning processes are required to clean and maintain GD engines. Intake valves of GD injectors develop a fair amount of carbon layer over a period of time, and the cost for cleaning these injectors is also high. This further strains the consumers’ pockets, hampering the global automotive GD Injector market.
Asia Pacific to account for notable share for global automotive GD Injector market
- Developing countries in Asia Pacific, such as India, China, South Korea, and Malaysia, are implementing vehicle emission standards to curb pollution. This is offering significant opportunity to OEMs and automakers to develop and deploy vehicles, comply with these standards, which are fuel-efficient and deliver high performance using turbochargers, GD injectors, and GPFs, thereby driving the global automotive GD Injector market.
- Disposable income of the population in Asia Pacific is also rising owing to economic growth in developing countries in the region. This is prompting consumers to own vehicles, thereby fueling the demand for new vehicles. This, in turn, drives the global automotive GD Injector market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive GDI Injector market, ask for a customized report
Key players operating in global automotive GD Injector market:
The global automotive GD Injector market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive GD Injector market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Delphi Automotive plc
- Continental AG
- Daimler AG
- Tata Motors
- BMW AG
- Denso Corporation
- Ford Motor Company
- Hyundai Motor Company
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Volkswagen AG
- Hitachi, Ltd.
Global Automotive GD Injector Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive GD Injector Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive GD Injector Market, by Engine Type
Global Automotive GD Injector Market, by Propulsion Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
Global Automotive GD Injector Market, by Component
- Fuel Filter
- Fuel Pump
- Fuel Injector
- Fuel Rail
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
Global Automotive GD Injector Market, by Deployment
- On-Premise Predictive Vehicle Technology
- On-Demand Predictive Vehicle Technology
Global Automotive GD Injector Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive GD Injector market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.