Global Automotive GD (Gasoline Direct) Injector Market: Introduction
- GD injector, also called gasoline direct injection, is a technology that helps increase vehicle efficiency by introducing pressurized fuel into the fuel combustion chamber of a vehicle. Direct fuel injection into a combustion chamber helps achieve high air-to-fuel compression ratio, which in turn leads to better fuel combustion, thereby increasing fuel economy.
- Increased vehicle performance and thermal efficiency are added advantages provided by this technology, which further enhances the life of the vehicle engine
- Automotive GD injector has been adopted by almost every automaker in order to stay competitive in the market, which is driving the GD injector market
Key drivers of global automotive GD Injector market
- Demand for increased fuel economy and reduced vehicle emissions is attributed to various regulations and legislations implemented by government authorities and regulatory bodies worldwide. For instance, Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, USA, mandates an increase in fuel economy of America’s cars, light trucks, and SUVs to a combined average of at least 35 miles per gallon by 2020.
- Increasing awareness about global warming and its aftereffects is compelling vehicle manufacturers to comply with environmental protection norms and vehicle standards. For instance, EURO 6 implemented in Europe, GHG/fuel economy regulation for heavy-duty trucks adopted in 2011 in America, and Bharat Stage VI standards adopted in India are a few norms implemented in various countries to curb air pollution, which in turn are driving the demand for technologies that increase fuel economy. Consequently, this is driving the market for automotive GD injector.
- Use of an automotive GD injector coupled with turbocharger delivers better results, such as increased fuel economy and high engine power. Furthermore, incorporating a turbocharger helps deliver more power without compromising on the size of the engine. For instance, the Mazda3’s combined fuel economy jumped from 28 mpg in 2010 to 32 mpg in 2012 when a GD system was implemented in the vehicle engine. Robert Bosch GmbH, a Germany-based OEM, claims that a gasoline direct injection system cuts fuel consumption by 15%, and it can provide up to 50% more low-end torque as compared to that provided by indirect injection system.
- An automotive GD injector coupled with gasoline particulate filters (GPF) helps control particulate emissions from gasoline direct injection (GD) engines
- All the factors mentioned above are driving the market for automotive GD injector
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger vehicle segment to dominate the global automotive GD Injector market
- Rising preference for owning a vehicle, owing to a rise in income and purchasing capacity of a significantly large population, is boosting the demand for fuel-efficient vehicles in the market. The GD technology enhances vehicle performance by reducing fuel consumption, and boosting the horsepower generated by the engine, without increasing the size of the engine. For instance, using a GD injector in the Cadillac CTS has increased engine by 36 hp.
- Increasing demand for transport in urban areas, owing to rapid urbanization, is fueling the market for fuel-efficient vehicles enabled by technologies such as GD injector
High costs of GD enabled engines to restrain global automotive GD Injector market
- Integration of a GD injector in a vehicle offers several benefits; however, the cost of GD engines is higher than their counterparts - indirect engine. For instance, according to a press release by Audi AG, where an engine development chief at Audi claims that direct injection engines being fitted into Audis would cost 5% more to build, as compared to the cost of ordinary engines.
- Contamination of GD injectors hampers the performance and fuel economy of the engine considerably. Different cleaners and cleaning processes are required to clean and maintain GD engines. Intake valves of GD injectors develop a fair amount of carbon layer over a period of time, and the cost for cleaning these injectors is also high. This further strains the consumers’ pockets, hampering the global automotive GD Injector market.
Asia Pacific to account for notable share for global automotive GD Injector market
- Developing countries in Asia Pacific, such as India, China, South Korea, and Malaysia, are implementing vehicle emission standards to curb pollution. This is offering significant opportunity to OEMs and automakers to develop and deploy vehicles, comply with these standards, which are fuel-efficient and deliver high performance using turbochargers, GD injectors, and GPFs, thereby driving the global automotive GD Injector market.
- Disposable income of the population in Asia Pacific is also rising owing to economic growth in developing countries in the region. This is prompting consumers to own vehicles, thereby fueling the demand for new vehicles. This, in turn, drives the global automotive GD Injector market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive GDI Injector market, ask for a customized report
Key players operating in global automotive GD Injector market:
The global automotive GD Injector market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive GD Injector market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Delphi Automotive plc
- Continental AG
- Daimler AG
- Tata Motors
- BMW AG
- Denso Corporation
- Ford Motor Company
- Hyundai Motor Company
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Volkswagen AG
- Hitachi, Ltd.
Global Automotive GD Injector Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive GD Injector Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive GD Injector Market, by Engine Type
Global Automotive GD Injector Market, by Propulsion Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
Global Automotive GD Injector Market, by Component
- Fuel Filter
- Fuel Pump
- Fuel Injector
- Fuel Rail
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
Global Automotive GD Injector Market, by Deployment
- On-Premise Predictive Vehicle Technology
- On-Demand Predictive Vehicle Technology
Global Automotive GD Injector Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive GD Injector market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.