Central Locking System: Introduction
- As autonomous and electric vehicle technologies are in the development stage, the cost of these vehicles is higher compared to other vehicles in the market. Vehicles with central locking systems can be locked through a single main button.
- While locking a car using a key, a unique electronic code is transmitted to the vehicle from car key and the engine immobilizer is turned off. The system starts if the same code is received back by the car or the car is unlocked manually using the car key.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Central Locking System Market
- Various systems, such as alarms, immobilizer, remote keyless entry, passive keyless entry, etc. are related to vehicle locking. When one such system is used with the central locking system, vehicle security increased. For instance, a central locking system with an alarm system can warn the vehicle owner by sounding an alarm if an intruder forcefully tries to unlock the vehicle. When a vehicle is locked using the central locking system, a switch moves in the master driver unit. This unit then transmits a signal to the driver unit that assist in moving the link roads in engine. This process unlocks or locks other doors in the vehicle simultaneously. This easy operation of central locking system enables fast locking/unlocking of vehicle and attracts global OEMs to install it in their vehicles, thereby driving its market.
- In order to reinforce the central locking system, developers have launched innovative solutions. For instance, biometric sensors can be used to lock/unlock the vehicle, thereby offering more safety and security to the vehicle. Technological advancements in affordable security solutions for vehicles are propelling the expansion of the global central locking system market.
- The automotive industry has witnessed technological developments, such as the development of AI powered connected vehicles, autonomous vehicles, etc. Adoption of security systems, such as central locking systems in such vehicles provides extra security to vehicles. Manufacturers are focusing on collaborating with technology providers to automate central locking systems. This is also projected to drive the market for central locking systems.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Potential Risk of Failure of Electronic Components in Central Locking Systems Hamper Market
- Central locking systems allow key-less entry into vehicles. Central locking system use several electrical components, including wireless devices. These components are battery operated and may not function properly in case of a battery failure. This may hinder central locking system market growth.
Risk of Hacking of Central Locking Systems to Restrain Global Market Growth
- Central locking system uses a unique code, which is transmitted from car key for remote locking of vehicle. If this code is hacked using a remote transmission system, the vehicle’s security may compromised, resulting in vehicle being stolen. This may restrain the adoption of central locking systems.
Asia Pacific a Lucrative Market for Automotive Central Locking Systems
- Asia Pacific countries, such as China and Japan, are the largest consumers of passenger vehicles. Moreover, developing economies, such as India, are witnessing a rise in FDIs in automotive and construction industries in the region. This is likely to fuel the growth of the automotive central locking system market in the region during the forecast period.
- North America is estimated to be the second-largest market for automotive central locking systems, owing to safety regulations and mandatory safety features in vehicles
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Central Locking System Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Central Locking System Market
The global automotive central locking system market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the market are:
- DENSO Corporation
- Pricol Limited
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Minda Industries Ltd.
- Nippon Audiotronix Pvt. Ltd.
- Continental AG
- Autocop India Pvt. Ltd.
- Lear Corporation
Global Automotive Central Locking System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Central Locking System Market, by Type of Propulsion
Global Automotive Central Locking System Market, by Type of Vehicle
Global Automotive Central Locking System Market, by End-use Industry
- Transport & Shipping
Global Automotive Central Locking System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.