Automotive Carbon Roof: Introduction
- Carbon fiber is a light weight material and possesses high strength characteristics that can be used to enhance performance in automotive applications. Car automakers operating in the automotive industry are focusing on manufacturing vehicles with lightweight, exotic, high-tech, and energy efficient material with the usage of advanced carbon fiber material. Carbon fiber has two wonderful properties that make it perfect for manufacturing cars in the automotive industry.
- Carbon fiber material is both light and strong. In fact, carbon fiber is stronger than steel, but lighter than aluminum. In a drive shaft application, carbon fiber can be as much as four times stronger than steel, and it manages this while being 40% lighter than aluminum. Hence, it should be obvious why carbon fiber is increasingly being used in cars to reduce weight. A carbon roof also top reflects the sun’s rays.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Carbon Roof Market:
- In terms of type, the glossy black segment of the carbon roof market is anticipated to expand during the forecast period due to a rise in the demand for premium vehicles with a modern appearance. Several sports and premium cars have a design where the roof of the car is attached to the front windscreen via the identical lines. The roof of the car is glossy black by using the carbon wrapping; the glassy appearance of the car continues from the leading edge of the windscreen right through to the rear edge of the roof, creating a large, panoramic roof look. This, is turn, boosts the automotive carbon roof market across the globe.
- Rise in demand for vehicles and continuously investments by automakers in the research and development of cost effective, environment-friendly and low toxic products with a high life within the industry are likely to drive the global automotive carbon roof market
- The trend of urbanization is increasing at an exponential rate, which is boosting the average income of the urban population enabling them to enhance their lifestyles. Furthermore, rise in demand for passenger cars is prompting manufacturers to increase production of vehicles, which in turn is propelling the automotive carbon fiber market across the globe.
Passenger Vehicle Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- The passenger vehicle segment is likely to hold a significant share of the market by the end of the forecast period. This is attributed to a rise in the demand for utility vehicles in highly populated countries such as China, India, and Brazil.
- High demand for e-class, crossovers, SUVs, and hatchbacks is driving the passenger vehicle segment, which in turn is likely to boost the automotive carbon roof market. Rise in preference for private transport and buying power of consumers is driving the passenger vehicle segment of the market.
- Coolants, also known as antifreeze agents, are being increasingly utilized to substitute water and other cooling agents owing to their superior heat absorption and corrosion inhibiting properties. The recent trend of substituting toxic, ethylene glycol with safer, organic-based coolants is anticipated to offer significant opportunities during the forecast period.
COVID–19 Pandemic to Hamper Market:
- The COVID-19 crisis is affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business lockdowns. The global chemicals and materials industry is suffering serious disruptions such as supply chain breaks, office shutdowns, and others. For instance, China is a global manufacturing hub and raw material supplier of various industries; it is also one of the worst affected countries. The lockdown of various plants and factories in China is hindering global supply chains, delivery schedules, and various chemicals and material sales. Various companies announced possible delays in product deliveries and slump in future sales of their products. All these factors are anticipated to hamper the global automotive carbon fiber market across the globe.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Automotive Carbon Roof Market:
- North America is lucrative region for the automotive industry, which can be attributed to employment opportunities and increased standards of living in the region. Therefore, North America held a significant share of the global automotive carbon roof market High rate of adoption of carbon fiber in the region can be ascribed to a rise in the demand for modern premium cars and an increase in the demand for sports vehicles in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global automotive carbon roof market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global automotive carbon roof market are:
- Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A.
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Suzuki Motor Corporation
- Thai Rung
- Ferrari N.V.
- Zoltek Corp.
- SGL Group
- Toho Tenax Europe GmbH
- Formtex Plastics Corp.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Carbon Fiber and Composites Inc.
- Hexcel Corp.
Global Automotive Carbon Roof Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Carbon Roof Market, by Type
- Glossy Black
- Matte Finish
- Carbon Fiber
Global Automotive Carbon Roof Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Carbon Roof Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Carbon Roof Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.