Automotive Active Head Restraint Market: Introduction
- Active head restraint is a system proves effective in case of a rear-end crash. In case of an impact from the rear-end causes the upper body to press into the back of the seat. This movement triggers the back rest and lever, which brings the headrest forward, automatically, to decrease the distance between the head and the headrest. This reduces the risk of injury by preventing the neck vertebrae from stretching.
Key Drivers of Automotive Active Head Restraint Market
- Automotive active head restraint mitigates the load on the neck in case of rear-end collisions. It is estimated that neck injuries account for approximately 90% of all injuries in rear-end collisions. More than 200,000 people suffer such injuries annually. Therefore, these instances have prompted high-end automakers to equip their vehicles with active head restraints, which in turn is driving the market.
Challenges in Automotive Active Head Restraint Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected local as well as global automotive supply chains, manufacturing and R&D operations, thus hampering the automotive industry. Post first wave of COVID-19, global economies have started opening automotive manufacturing and supply chain operations, thus the COVID-19 impact on the industry seems to have reached a state of normalcy; however, a resurgence in COVID-19 cases in countries across Europe has forced governments to impose a second round of lockdown restrictions. Consequently, the uncertainty in the automotive industry continues. However, easing of lockdown restrictions and stagnant demand during the times of lockdown have resulted in the recovery of automotive and ancillary sales in the last few months.
Opportunities in Automotive Active Head Restraint Market
- Rise in demand for vehicles equipped with high safety features, especially in developed countries of North America and Europe is offering significant opportunity in the automotive active head restraint market. Manufacturers are focusing on research and development activities to make their products safe. Furthermore, active head restraint technology is estimated to be integrated in all major vehicles classes; consequently, the market for these safety products is estimated to expand in the next few years.
Europe to Dominate Automotive Active Head Restraint Market
- Based on region, the market in Europe is projected to expand considerably and the region is estimated to offer several opportunities to the automotive active Head Restraint Market during the forecast period. Expansion of the automotive active Head Restraint Market can be attributed to the high penetration of cars with more safety features in the region. Germany, France, and the U.K. are key markets for automotive head restraint in Europe. Moreover, rally racing is a popular sport in Europe and several major global events are held in the region, thereby driving the automotive active Head Restraint Market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Active Head Restraint Market
The automotive active Head Restraint Market is moderately consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the automotive active Head Restraint Market are:
- Knauf Industries
- Johnson Controls.
- Honda Motor Co, Ltd
- Dagmar Dübbelde
Global Automotive Active Head Restraints Mark: Research Scope
Global Automotive Active Head Restraint Market, by Type
- Head Restraint
- Integrated Head Restraint
- Adjustable Head Restraint
- Active Head Restraint
- Automatically Adjusted Head Restarint
Global Automotive Active Head Restraint Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Light Duty Vehicle
- Medium & Heavy Duty Trucks
- Buses & Coaches
Global Automotive Active Head Restraint Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Active Head Restraint Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.