Survival Suits Market: Introduction
- Survival suits also known as rescue suits are special body covering suits that protect the wearer from cold water to avoid hypothermia, provides increasing cover through flotation, and also allows adequate mobility to perform vital tasks. Manufacturers provide several types of suits including dry or wet survival suit, flotation survival suit, and inflatable survival suit. The common material preferred in survival suits are neoprene, a rubber material which prevents the water from entering the suit.
- Growing concerns regarding personal safety and protection near oil platforms, and strict government safety regulations are increasing the demand for survival suits. Growing awareness in developing economies about survival suits is also anticipated to boost the market in the coming years.
Key Drivers of the Global Survival Suits Market
- Governments of several countries and some oil and gas associations have made survival suits mandatory. For instance, regulations laid down by the Norwegian Oil and Gas Association mandate that survival suits need to be dry suits and should be able to protect a person from thermal stress. The survival suits market is anticipated to grow at a significant rate in the coming years due to strict laws and regulations assigned by regulatory bodies across the globe.
- Technological advancement in the product is also encouraging the growth of the survival suits market. Manufacturers active in the survival suits market are focusing on product development by increasing investment in R&D to enhance the product’s features and improve product efficiency. For instance, Outlast technology developed by NASA for protection of astronauts has also surged the demand for survival suits.
Survival Suits Anticipated to Create Attractive Opportunities in Future
- Growing awareness about safety and protection of oil field workers across developing countries is expected to create lucrative opportunities for survival suits manufacturers during the forecast period. In addition, increasing number of oil fields, and industrialization across several developing countries in the Asia Pacific region are surging the demand for survival suits.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
High Product Cost and Suit Sizing Expected to Obstruct the Overall Survival Suits Market
- High cost of the product and universal size of suits are major obstructions to growth of the survival suits market. Survival suits are unaffordable for several small and medium industries. Manufacturers adopt universal size for survival suits which fail to meet requirements of large number of people. These factors are anticipated to adversely influence the future market.
North America and Europe Anticipated to Dominate the Global Survival Suits Market
- Growing oil extraction activities and rise in oil production makes North America dominant in the survival suits market. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), production of oil surged to 10.96 million barrels per day in 2018 from 10.04 million barrels per day in 2017. This surge in oil extraction and production is anticipated to boost demand for survival suits for personal protection.
- Europe also holds significant share of the market after North America. Increasingly stringent laws and regulations laid down by the European Union is driving the demand for survival suits across Europe. The market in Asia Pacific is also anticipated to show significant growth rate in the coming years owing to increasing oil production and industrialization in developing countries across the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global survival suits market is highly concentrated across major manufacturers who account for around 20%–25% share of the overall survival suits market. A few of the key manufacturers operating in the global survival suits market are listed below:
- Hansen Protection AS
- Sioen Industries NV
- Procean webstore
- Mustang Survival ULC
- Marine Safety Supplies Limited
- Drägerwerk AG & Co
- Chongqing Gathering Marine Equipment Co Ltd.
- Survitec Group Limited
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Survival Suits Market, ask for a customized report
Global Survival Suits Market: Research Scope
Global Survival Suits Market, by Suit Type
- Dry Suit
- Wet Suit
- Flotation Suit
- Inflatable Suit
Global Survival Suits Market, by Material Type
Global Survival Suits Market, by End-user
- Oil Rigs
- Others (Water Sports, Water Rescuers etc.)
Global Survival Suits Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.