Distributorless Ignition System: Introduction
- The electronic ignition system is used in almost all the latest super and hyper series cars and bikes; however, this system has a few limitations. The electronic ignition system uses a distributor, a mechanical device that contains a rotor which completes the circuit and also controls the spark timing. This makes this system less efficient, requires higher maintenance, and periodic check for the distributors’ point gap as they subjected to wear and tear. Consequently, automakers have been employing distributorless ignition system for the last few years in order to overcome these limitations.
- In the distributorless ignition system, the distributor of the electronic ignition system is replaced with several induction coils, i.e. one coil per cylinder or one coil for pair of cylinders, and the timing of the spark is controlled by an ignition control unit and the engine control unit. Usage of multiple ignition coils provides direct voltage to the spark plugs, which makes this system more efficient and accurate.
Key Drivers of Global Distributorless Ignition System Market:
- The spark timing accuracy of the electronic ignition system decreases with time. This issue prompted the development of a distributorless ignition system in which the spark time accuracy is increased by using electronic control unit along with ignition module. Moreover, the distribution of voltage signal to the spark plugs is made direct using multiple ignition coils, which further decreases the wear and tear of the system and makes the system more efficient and reliable. This is likely to drive the demand for distributorless ignition system across the globe.
- Increase in prices of fuel coupled with rise in environment concerns regarding fuel emissions from automobiles is compelling key players in the automotive industry to manufacture efficient ignition system such as distributorless ignition system. A few key players are investing on the development of such a system, which in turn is likely to propel the distributorless ignition system across the globe.
Distributorless Ignition System Market to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- Low initial and maintance cost of distributor ignition system as compared to other type of ignition systems, makes it more preferable for automakers for integration in their vehicles. This is likely to boost the distributorless ignition system market across the globe.
- Demand for distributorless ignition system is expected to increase in the passenger car segment due to environmental concerns and stringent emission norms. This is estimated to offer significant opportunity for the distributorless ignition system market across the globe.
Rise in Electric Vehicle to Hamper Market:
- The automotive industry is experiencing a shift from conventional engines to electric vehicles to reduce carbon footprints. Advancements in electric vehicles has enhanced the driving range, efficiency, and power of the vehicle. Electric vehicles work on totally different principle and do not require an ignition system.
- Rise in demand for electric vehicles from consumers and high investment by automakers on the production of electric vehicles are key factors that are likely to hamper the distributorless ignition system market across the globe
Asia Pacific Distributorless Ignition System Market to Expand Rapidly:
- Asia Pacific is the most populous region. The urban population across Asia Pacific is increasing consistently, which can be attributed to employment opportunities and increased standards of living in urban areas.
- This market in the region is projected to expand at a rapid pace, as the region comprises rapidly developing economies, such as China and India. The market in Asia Pacific is primarily driven by China, where the rate of adoption of distributorless ignition system is increasing, owing to its durability, fuel economy, and emission reduction. This, in turn, is driving the distributorless ignition system market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global distributorless ignition system market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the globe. Some of the key players operating in the global distributorless ignition system market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
- Denso Corporation
- Diamond Electric Mfg. Co., Ltd.
- Hella GmbH & Co.
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Walker Products, Inc.
- MARSHALL ELECTRIC, CORP
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- NGK SPARK PLUG's GROUP
- YURA TECH.
Global Distributorless Ignition System Market: Research Scope
Global Distributorless Ignition System Market, by Engine Type
Global Distributorless Ignition System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Distributorless Ignition System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Distributorless Ignition System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.