Automotive Pedal Sensor: Introduction
- Technological advancements in the automotive industry have enabled OEMs and aftermarket players to equip vehicles with electronic braking systems. Various types of sensors are being incorporated in electronic braking systems, which are responsible for detecting the position of brake pedals and transmit signal to engine control unit (ECU) for taking appropriate actions.
- Stringent government regulations and increase in safety awareness are driving automakers to incorporate various systems, such as pedal position sensing, clutch pedal position sensing, accelerator pedal position sensing, etc. which use position sensors, thereby driving the market for automotive pedal sensors
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market
- Need for fuel-efficient technologies is on the rise, owing to government rules and regulations pertaining to pollution control. Automakers have started to incorporate sensor-based accelerators in vehicles for increasing safety while driving. This, in turn, have created a demand for accelerator pedal sensor modules. Furthermore, vehicle production in countries such as China and India is expected to increase, thus driving the need for accelerator position pedals (APP). These factors are projected to augment the growth of the global automotive pedal sensor market.
- In the traditional mechanical braking system, most of the kinetic energy is wasted while applying brakes. In case of electrical braking system incorporating pedal sensors, this kinetic energy can be used to charge vehicle battery through the application of regenerative braking. Such system are in high demand in electrical vehicles. Moreover, friction or mechanical brakes can be used in vehicles as a failsafe in case regenerative braking fails. The increase in demand for electrical brake system is fueling the automotive pedal sensor market growth.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger Vehicle Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Position sensors are used to monitor and measure changes in position from a defined reference position in various electronic systems. Position sensors are used in various position systems incorporated in passenger and commercial vehicles, such as accelerator pedal position sensing, clutch pedal position sensing, and brake pedal position sensing systems. Owing to stringent regulations pertaining to safety, automakers have been mandated to incorporate safety systems in their vehicles. These factors are driving the automotive pedal sensor market for passenger vehicle.
EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) Compliance to Hamper Market
- Continuous advancements in technology and improvements in lifestyle, owing to increase in disposable income, have generated the demand for fast and luxurious vehicles. For instance, the demand for connected vehicles is on the rise, as they offer navigation, parking assist, ADAS, and other systems for increasing safety and catering to customer needs. Moreover, automakers are adopting electronic braking systems over mechanical braking systems, which ensure quick and accurate braking. The electronic braking system automatically senses position of pedals with the help of sensors. Sensors are continuously generating data and cause electromagnetic interference (EMI). Such sensors are needed to comply with EMC regulations for public safety. This hampers the growth of the global automotive pedal sensor market.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- Increase in research and development has fueled the adoption of electrical vehicles in the Asia Pacific region. Rise in domestic investment and FDI from various countries is driving the development of automotive industry in countries like China, India, and South Korea.
- Vehicles equipped with APP, regenerative braking system, and anti-lock braking system are in demand, owing to increase in consumer interest. All these factors are anticipated to fuel the expansion of the automotive pedal sensor market in the Asia Pacific region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Pedal Sensor Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market
The global automotive pedal sensor market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the global automotive pedal sensor market are:
- HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Gill Sensors & Controls
- TE Connectivity
- CTS Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Delphi Technologies
- Allegro Microsystems, LLC
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Sensata Technologies Inc.
- Elmos Semiconductor AG
Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market, by Application Type
- Accelerator Pedal
- Brake Pedal
Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market, by Product Type
- Eddy Current-based
Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.