Automotive Pedal Sensor: Introduction
- Technological advancements in the automotive industry have enabled OEMs and aftermarket players to equip vehicles with electronic braking systems. Various types of sensors are being incorporated in electronic braking systems, which are responsible for detecting the position of brake pedals and transmit signal to engine control unit (ECU) for taking appropriate actions.
- Stringent government regulations and increase in safety awareness are driving automakers to incorporate various systems, such as pedal position sensing, clutch pedal position sensing, accelerator pedal position sensing, etc. which use position sensors, thereby driving the market for automotive pedal sensors
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market
- Need for fuel-efficient technologies is on the rise, owing to government rules and regulations pertaining to pollution control. Automakers have started to incorporate sensor-based accelerators in vehicles for increasing safety while driving. This, in turn, have created a demand for accelerator pedal sensor modules. Furthermore, vehicle production in countries such as China and India is expected to increase, thus driving the need for accelerator position pedals (APP). These factors are projected to augment the growth of the global automotive pedal sensor market.
- In the traditional mechanical braking system, most of the kinetic energy is wasted while applying brakes. In case of electrical braking system incorporating pedal sensors, this kinetic energy can be used to charge vehicle battery through the application of regenerative braking. Such system are in high demand in electrical vehicles. Moreover, friction or mechanical brakes can be used in vehicles as a failsafe in case regenerative braking fails. The increase in demand for electrical brake system is fueling the automotive pedal sensor market growth.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger Vehicle Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Position sensors are used to monitor and measure changes in position from a defined reference position in various electronic systems. Position sensors are used in various position systems incorporated in passenger and commercial vehicles, such as accelerator pedal position sensing, clutch pedal position sensing, and brake pedal position sensing systems. Owing to stringent regulations pertaining to safety, automakers have been mandated to incorporate safety systems in their vehicles. These factors are driving the automotive pedal sensor market for passenger vehicle.
EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) Compliance to Hamper Market
- Continuous advancements in technology and improvements in lifestyle, owing to increase in disposable income, have generated the demand for fast and luxurious vehicles. For instance, the demand for connected vehicles is on the rise, as they offer navigation, parking assist, ADAS, and other systems for increasing safety and catering to customer needs. Moreover, automakers are adopting electronic braking systems over mechanical braking systems, which ensure quick and accurate braking. The electronic braking system automatically senses position of pedals with the help of sensors. Sensors are continuously generating data and cause electromagnetic interference (EMI). Such sensors are needed to comply with EMC regulations for public safety. This hampers the growth of the global automotive pedal sensor market.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- Increase in research and development has fueled the adoption of electrical vehicles in the Asia Pacific region. Rise in domestic investment and FDI from various countries is driving the development of automotive industry in countries like China, India, and South Korea.
- Vehicles equipped with APP, regenerative braking system, and anti-lock braking system are in demand, owing to increase in consumer interest. All these factors are anticipated to fuel the expansion of the automotive pedal sensor market in the Asia Pacific region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Pedal Sensor Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market
The global automotive pedal sensor market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the global automotive pedal sensor market are:
- HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Gill Sensors & Controls
- TE Connectivity
- CTS Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Delphi Technologies
- Allegro Microsystems, LLC
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- Sensata Technologies Inc.
- Elmos Semiconductor AG
Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market, by Application Type
- Accelerator Pedal
- Brake Pedal
Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market, by Product Type
- Eddy Current-based
Global Automotive Pedal Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.