Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market: Introduction
- An automotive overhead camshaft is a mechanical component of an internal combustion engine, which operates the cams that open and close the inlet and exhaust valves of the engine. The camshaft is driven by the crankshaft of the engine via a gear wheel, belt, or chain. Camshafts are made of steel and cast iron, as they require high hardness and need to withstand high load.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market
- Adverse environmental changes, such as climate change caused by air pollution worldwide, have led to enactment of stringent regulations for vehicle manufacturers and automobile component manufacturers alike. This, in turn, has prompted automakers to adopt technologies and vehicle components that reduce vehicle emissions and increase vehicle fuel efficiency. Automotive overhead camshafts, which ensure timely operation of inlet and exhaust valves in a cylinder of a vehicle engine and enhance efficiency of the vehicle, are readily being adopted by automakers in their vehicles. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for automotive overhead camshafts and subsequently, driving the global automotive overhead camshaft market.
- Technological advancements in manufacturing technologies of automotive components are expected to boost the demand for lightweight automotive overhead camshafts. For instance, forged overhead camshafts can be subjected to high loading and can be adopted in high performance vehicles, as the profile for a forged camshaft is designed and manufactured using automated machinery that reduces the errors in camshaft manufacturing. On the other hand, cast camshafts may have some casting defects, such as porosity, shrinkage effects, and cracks, owing to their manufacturing process. Therefore, forged overhead camshafts are being increasingly used in vehicles, thereby driving the global automotive overhead camshaft market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rise in adoption of electric vehicles to restrain global automotive overhead camshaft market
- Rise in demand for electric vehicles across the globe is estimated to hamper the automotive overhead camshaft market. Penetration of electric cars has been rising rapidly for the last few years. The global sale of electric passenger cars surpassed 5 million in 2018, an increase of 63% from the previous year, 2017.
- In 2018, around 45% of electric cars on the road were in sold China, a total of 2.3 million, as compared to 39% in 2017. Furthermore, Europe accounted for 24% of the total electric vehicles sold globally, while the U.S. held 22% share of total global electric vehicles in 2018.
- Financial incentives, including government subsidies and tax exemptions, is a key factor prompting consumers to increasingly adopt electric vehicles, which in turn is anticipated to restrain the demand for engines and consequently, hamper the global automotive overhead camshaft market.
Asia Pacific to dominate global automotive overhead camshaft market
- Japan, China, and India have presence of major automakers and aftermarket players in the automotive industry. For instance, Toyota, Hyundai, Tata Motors, Suzuki, and Nissan, which account for a notable share of global vehicle production, have their production facilities in Asia Pacific. The aftermarket in China is well-known for offering low price alternate solutions for vehicle components. Moreover, in 2018, China accounted for more than 25% of the global vehicle production. Furthermore, the region witnesses strong competition among the automakers and aftermarket players. All these factors propel the overhead camshaft market in Asia Pacific.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market
The global automotive overhead camshaft market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive overhead camshaft market are:
- COMP Performance Group
- Dongguan Jinquanshun Hardware Mould
- Eurocams Inc.
- Guilin Fuda Group
- Hirschvogel Holding GmbH
- JD Norman Industries, Inc.
- Liaoning North Crankshaft
- MAHLE GmbH
- MAT Foundry Group
- Meritor, Inc.
- PCL INDIA
- Piper RS Ltd
- Prince Automovers
- Schrick Camshaft
- ThyssenKrupp AG
- Tianrun Crankshaft
- Varroc Group
- Xiamen Liyan Industrial
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, by Engine Type
- Inline Engine
- Others (W-Engine, Boxer Engine, VR-Engine, etc.)
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, by Valve Configuration
- Single Overhead Camshaft
- Double Overhead Camshaft
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, by Camshaft Manufacturing Technology
- Cast Camshaft
- Assembled Camshaft
- Forged Camshaft
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis