Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market: Introduction
- An automotive overhead camshaft is a mechanical component of an internal combustion engine, which operates the cams that open and close the inlet and exhaust valves of the engine. The camshaft is driven by the crankshaft of the engine via a gear wheel, belt, or chain. Camshafts are made of steel and cast iron, as they require high hardness and need to withstand high load.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market
- Adverse environmental changes, such as climate change caused by air pollution worldwide, have led to enactment of stringent regulations for vehicle manufacturers and automobile component manufacturers alike. This, in turn, has prompted automakers to adopt technologies and vehicle components that reduce vehicle emissions and increase vehicle fuel efficiency. Automotive overhead camshafts, which ensure timely operation of inlet and exhaust valves in a cylinder of a vehicle engine and enhance efficiency of the vehicle, are readily being adopted by automakers in their vehicles. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for automotive overhead camshafts and subsequently, driving the global automotive overhead camshaft market.
- Technological advancements in manufacturing technologies of automotive components are expected to boost the demand for lightweight automotive overhead camshafts. For instance, forged overhead camshafts can be subjected to high loading and can be adopted in high performance vehicles, as the profile for a forged camshaft is designed and manufactured using automated machinery that reduces the errors in camshaft manufacturing. On the other hand, cast camshafts may have some casting defects, such as porosity, shrinkage effects, and cracks, owing to their manufacturing process. Therefore, forged overhead camshafts are being increasingly used in vehicles, thereby driving the global automotive overhead camshaft market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rise in adoption of electric vehicles to restrain global automotive overhead camshaft market
- Rise in demand for electric vehicles across the globe is estimated to hamper the automotive overhead camshaft market. Penetration of electric cars has been rising rapidly for the last few years. The global sale of electric passenger cars surpassed 5 million in 2018, an increase of 63% from the previous year, 2017.
- In 2018, around 45% of electric cars on the road were in sold China, a total of 2.3 million, as compared to 39% in 2017. Furthermore, Europe accounted for 24% of the total electric vehicles sold globally, while the U.S. held 22% share of total global electric vehicles in 2018.
- Financial incentives, including government subsidies and tax exemptions, is a key factor prompting consumers to increasingly adopt electric vehicles, which in turn is anticipated to restrain the demand for engines and consequently, hamper the global automotive overhead camshaft market.
Asia Pacific to dominate global automotive overhead camshaft market
- Japan, China, and India have presence of major automakers and aftermarket players in the automotive industry. For instance, Toyota, Hyundai, Tata Motors, Suzuki, and Nissan, which account for a notable share of global vehicle production, have their production facilities in Asia Pacific. The aftermarket in China is well-known for offering low price alternate solutions for vehicle components. Moreover, in 2018, China accounted for more than 25% of the global vehicle production. Furthermore, the region witnesses strong competition among the automakers and aftermarket players. All these factors propel the overhead camshaft market in Asia Pacific.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market
The global automotive overhead camshaft market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive overhead camshaft market are:
- COMP Performance Group
- Dongguan Jinquanshun Hardware Mould
- Eurocams Inc.
- Guilin Fuda Group
- Hirschvogel Holding GmbH
- JD Norman Industries, Inc.
- Liaoning North Crankshaft
- MAHLE GmbH
- MAT Foundry Group
- Meritor, Inc.
- PCL INDIA
- Piper RS Ltd
- Prince Automovers
- Schrick Camshaft
- ThyssenKrupp AG
- Tianrun Crankshaft
- Varroc Group
- Xiamen Liyan Industrial
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, by Engine Type
- Inline Engine
- Others (W-Engine, Boxer Engine, VR-Engine, etc.)
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, by Valve Configuration
- Single Overhead Camshaft
- Double Overhead Camshaft
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, by Camshaft Manufacturing Technology
- Cast Camshaft
- Assembled Camshaft
- Forged Camshaft
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Overhead Camshaft Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.