Automotive Heated Seat Market: Introduction
- Automotive heated seats are designed to provide heat through the seat in the vehicle. The seats provide warmth to the driver and passengers while driving in winters. The working principle of the heated seat is similar to that of the electric blanket and water heater, which uses electricity to generate heat. Heated seats are powered by a heating element, which consist of a long strip of material that acts as a resistor to resist the flow of electricity. When electric current flows thorough the heating element, the energy is converted into heat, which flows through the seat and provides warmth to the driver and passengers.
- A thermostat measures the temperature of the heated seat and is fitted in the seat to avoid excess heating of seats. When the temperature reaches a preset level, sensors in the seat transmit a signal to switch off the power. General Motors first introduced the heated seat in their Cadillac model in 1965.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Heated Seat Market
- Rise in demand for vehicles across the globe is estimated to boost the automotive heated seats market due to an increase in the demand for comfort in vehicles. Various vehicle manufacturers are focused on providing advanced safety and comfort features, which relieve stress and fatigue of passengers and the driver while driving in any weather. This, in turn, is estimated boost the global automotive heated seat market.
- Increased time spent in traffic is likely to fuel the demand for more comfortable seats, including heated seats, across the globe. Increase in vehicle sales and rise in the demand for electrification in vehicles is estimated to propel the global automotive heated seats market. Rise in disposable income and living standards across the globe is projected to further drive the global automotive heated seat market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Europe and Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive heated seat market
- Europe is projected to account for a major share of the global automotive heated seat market due to considerable presence of automotive industries and enactment of stringent rules regarding the installation of comfort features in vehicles in the region. Europe is also home to major original equipment manufacturers as well as Tier-1 suppliers, including Continental AG and Kongsberg Automotive, who have major research and development facilities for heated seat. This, is turn, is likely to propel the automotive heated seat market in Europe.
- Followed by Europe, Asia Pacific is projected to hold a significant share of the global automotive heated seat market due to an increase in vehicle production and sale across Asia Pacific. Demand for luxurious vehicles is significantly high in China, Japan, and India, which is expected to further boost the automotive heated seat market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Heated Seat Market
The global automotive heated seat market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive heated seat market are:
- Continental AG
- Magna International
- Lear Corporation
- Katzkin Leather Inc.
- Kongsberg Automotive
- D&S Automotive
- Toyota Boshoku Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Heated Seat Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Heated Seat Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Heated Seat Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Heated Seat Market, by Seat Material Type
- Synthetic Leather
- Genuine Leather
Global Automotive Heated Seat Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Automotive Heated Seat Market, by Electric Seat Type
- Bucket Type
- Split Bench Type
Global Automotive Heated Seat Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Heated Seat Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis