Automotive Emission Control Devices: Introduction
- Strict and stringent regulatory norms are being enforced worldwide since the signing of The Paris Agreement in 2016 to fight climate change; for instance, adoption of Bharat Stage-VI Emission Standards in India, Euro Standards in Europe, National Ambient Air Quality Standards in the U.S., etc.
- Air pollution is a major contributor to climate change. According to the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) USA, heavy vehicles comprise approximately 5% of the total number of vehicles globally and are responsible for more than 25% of the total emission. These emit CO, CO2, NO2, hydrocarbons, etc. These gases are harmful for the environment and leading to climate change. Emission control devices convert harmful emissions into non-hazardous gases and then release them into the atmosphere. The rise in demand for emission control devices can be attributed to their mandatory installation in vehicles as per government regulations. This indicates higher requirement for advanced technologies involving emission control devices.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Emission Control Devices Market
- According to the U.S. EPA, the U.S. accounts for 30% of the world’s on-road vehicles that contribute 50% to the world’s total vehicle emissions. In 2008, China became the highest CO2 emitter, followed by the U.S., EU, India, and Russia. In 2016, post the Paris agreement, these countries have taken initiatives to reduce CO2, NO2, and other emissions to fight climate change. In order to achieve control over emissions caused by vehicles, there is an increase in demand for new and more effective emission control devices and technologies. For instance, nowadays, vehicles are equipped with several IoT devices powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI). The development of electric emission control devices powered by such systems can be considered as a growth opportunity.
- Emissions are directly proportional to fuel consumption. For instance, a diesel car emits 95 g CO2 per 3.7 liters of diesel per 100 km, while petrol car emits same amount of CO2 per 4 liters of petrol per 100 km. Hence, emission control devices are used to improve fuel efficiency while reducing emissions.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Conventional Vehicles Need Emission Control Devices
- Conventional vehicles use gasoline and diesel as fuel and are one of the key contributors of CO2, NO2 emissions causing air pollution. Regulatory authorities have laid down regulatory norms and pollution control policies on use of old technologies in conventional vehicles in order to curb air pollution.
- Emission control devices help reduce harmful emissions from conventional vehicles
Concept of Shared Vehicles to Hamper Market
- Vehicle sharing platforms, such as UberPOOL, Lyft, etc., allow passengers to share a vehicle with other passengers. OEMs have collaborated with companies, including Mobileye and Uber, among others, in order to develop and launch autonomous vehicles, which will be driverless and allow car sharing. The number of individual vehicle sales, owing to cheaper traveling offered by car sharing is expected to decrease. These factors are likely to hamper the automotive emission control devices market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Automotive Emission Control Devices Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading manufacturer and consumer of automobiles in the world. According to the data published in 2018 by OICA, Asia Pacific countries such as China, Japan, and India are account for more than 30% share of global vehicle sales. Moreover, rapid urbanization and increase in purchasing power of consumers in the region are driving the automotive emission control devices in Asia Pacific.
- Rise in FDIs in automotive and construction industries in developing economies of Asia Pacific is likely to fuel the market growth in the region during the forecast period
- Need for vehicle emission control devices in the U.S. can be attributed to the growth in the number of vehicles in the U.S., as the country is second highest in terms of sales, according to annual sale report by OICA 2018.
- Automotive emission control devices market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing investments in construction and automotive industries in the region.
- Sale of luxury and premium vehicles is expected to rise in the region, owing to economic development and high purchasing power of consumers in countries such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and the UAE
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in automotive emission control devices market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The automotive emission control devices market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. Some of the key players operating in the automotive emission control devices market are:
- Denso Corporation
- Johnson Matthey (UK)
- Eberspacher Climate Control Systems GmbH & Co. (Germany)
- Futaba Industrial Co. Ltd.
- BASF SE
- CDTi Advances Materials Inc
- Clariant AG
- Corning Incorporated
- Tenneco Inc.
Global Automotive Emission Control Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Emission Control Devices Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Bus & Coach
Global Automotive Emission Control Devices Market, by Propulsion Engine
- Petrol Engine
- Diesel Engine
Global Automotive Emission Control Devices Market, by Technology
- Thermal Management
Global Automotive Emission Control Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.