Automotive EFI Manifold Market: Introduction
- Increasing global production and sales of automotive vehicles, year-on-year, led by rising environmental norms for vehicle emission is estimated to boost the automotive EFI manifold market. Automotive (electronic fuel injection) EFI manifold is defined as a component of an engine that is used for distribution of air to cylinders of an engine. The EFI eliminates the requirement of a carburetor in the vehicle and directly injects the fuel into the engine’s manifold. Furthermore, the manifold evenly distributes the combustion mixture in order to optimize the performance and efficiency of the vehicle.
Key Drivers of Automotive EFI Manifold Market
- Rising production of automotive vehicles boosts the demand for road transportation, which further drives the EFI manifold market. Rise in requirement and purchasing power of consumers in developed and developing countries is fueling the year-on-year adoption rate of automotive cars and bikes. This high demand for automotive vehicles is also increasing the need for development of roads and consequently, automotive manufacturers are also enhancing their production capacities to cater to this demand. Therefore, the demand for automotive EFI manifold is also rising.
- Increase in stringency of government rules and regulations on lowering vehicle carbon emission is also propelling the automotive EFI manifold market. The European Commission has set compulsory targets to reduce vehicle emission for new vehicles production, which aims to reduce carbon from the automotive sector by 35% by 2030. These regulations are prompting automotive manufacturers to integrate EFI manifolds in their engines, which further reduces carbon emission and subsequently boosts the market.
Challenges in Automotive EFI Manifold Market
- Rising competition and high overhead cost of manufacturing restrain the EFI manifold market. High manufacturing cost of EFI manifold hinders manufacturers from offering competitive pricing in a price sensitive automotive industry, which further hampers the market.
- A majority of global businesses where hampered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and subsequent lockdown forced people to stay at home, which hindered the manufacturing of vehicles and declined automotive sales, which in turn restrained the market. Moreover, the COVID-19 pandemic also disrupted the global supply chains, which resulted in a shortage of raw material required for production of EFI manifold. This supply shortage stopped manufacturing processes and consequently, hampered the automotive EFI manifold market.
Opportunities in Automotive EFI Manifold Market
- Demand for luxurious internal combustion (IC) automotive vehicles is rising among consumers, which in turn is anticipated to propel the automotive EFI manifold market during the forecast period. Increase in disposable income and rise in trend of sports cars and bikes across the world fuels the demand for luxury cars. Manufacturers invest significantly to design advanced prototypes of low carbon emission engines that consume optimal fuel during combustion. Demand for integration of EFI manifold in the vehicle has increased due to rising stringency of fuel conservation policies enacted by environmentalist and governments authorities.
- Demand for repair and replacement of automotive EFI manifold is also rising in the aftermarket segment, which is estimated to create an opportunity for the market. Consumers are preferring to replace their manifold with new ones due to enforcement of low level CO2 emission, which in turn boosts the market.
Automotive EFI Manifold Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Significantly
- The automotive EFI manifold market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand significantly due to rising urbanization trends, changing lifestyle of consumers, increase in population and vehicle production. Vehicle production in Asia Pacific countries such as China, India, South Korea, and Japan is rising, which is majorly fueling the market in the region. Moreover, labor in the manufacturing facility is available at a lower cost and raw material is obtained at reasonable rate, which further reduces the cost of production and enhances production volume. Furthermore, Asia Pacific has considerable presence of original equipment manufacturers, which fuels the demand for automotive EFI manifold in the aftermarket. Moreover, preference for carbon-free automotive vehicles is rising in Asia Pacific due to growing awareness about carbon emission in the region, which in turn propels the market
Key Players Operating in Automotive EFI Manifold Market
The automotive EFI manifold market is highly consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive EFI manifold market are:
- Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd.
- Donaldson Company
- Holley Performance Products, Inc.
- Hitachi Astemo, Ltd.
- Magneti Marelli
- Novares Group S.A.
- Mikuni Corporation
- Rochling Group
- MAHLE GmbH
Global Automotive EFI Manifold Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive EFI Manifold Market, by Material
Global Automotive EFI Manifold Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive EFI Manifold Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive EFI Manifold Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!