Automotive Coolant Heater Market: Introduction
- Rise in demand for pre-heating the liquids used in a vehicle, in order to reduce the starting time of the vehicle, is anticipated to propel the global automotive coolant heater market. An automotive coolant heater may be an active system or a passive system.
- An active heating system (forced flow heater) warms the coolant and circulates it through the engine block coolant by an electric pump, providing uniform heat distribution; while a passive heating system circulates coolant by the phenomenon of thermal convection. For instance, thermosiphon heaters, which are installed at the lowest point in a system, are responsible for warming the coolant and use thermal convection to circulate warmed coolant within the system.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market
- Demand for automotive coolant heater is anticipated to witness a surge in demand from countries that experience cold weather, which leads to repeated freezing of liquid including fuel, coolant, and oil in vehicles. Countries such as the U.S., Canada, Germany, France, and Italy experience severe cold weather, which in turn causes the vehicle liquid to freeze and vehicle owners experience issues during ignition and starting. This may lead to increased wear of the engine, hampering engine life and its performance. An automotive coolant heater pre-heats the vehicle liquids and ensures the supply of warm fuel to the vehicle engine during cold weather, preventing the engine from wearing out. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the global automotive coolant heater market.
- Regulations enacted by government authorities and regulatory bodies are compelling automakers to improve vehicle economy and subsequently, fueling the demand for automotive coolant heater. In case the fuel is heated and circulated through the engine, it flows smoothly within the hoses, ensuring even supply to the vehicle engine. This, in turn, enables the vehicle start instantly through easy ignition of the fuel, thereby reducing the fuel consumption of the vehicle.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on automotive coolant heater Market, Request for a Sample
Coolant antifreeze additives to hamper global automotive coolant heater market
- Aftermarket players and coolant manufacturers offer an antifreeze solution/ liquid to consumers. An antifreeze liquid, such as ethylene glycol, is added to the vehicle coolant or water in order to make it resistant to cold temperatures; consequently, eliminating the need to any heater or heating technology. For instance, additives for coolants developed by PARKER HANNIFIN CORP lend ant-freezing properties to the coolant. Therefore, adoption of coolant antifreeze additives is anticipated to hamper the global automotive coolant heater market.
Europe to dominate global automotive coolant heater market
- Countries in Europe including Italy, Germany, France, and Spain are home to majority of the pioneers and aftermarket players that cater to the global automotive industry. These countries also have well-established supply chain that caters to the automotive industry. Therefore, the region witness intense competition among automakers and aftermarket players. Moreover, companies in the region spend significant revenue on research and development activities to enhance vehicle aerodynamic performance and reduce fuel economy. All these factors propel the automotive coolant heater market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market
The global automotive coolant heater market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive coolant heater market are:
- Phillips & Temro Industries
- Hotstart Thermal Management
- Webasto Thermo & Comfort
- TOPS Industry & Technology Co., Ltd.
- Preheat Engineering
- LF Bros
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Utility Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Product Type
- Forced Flow Heaters
- Thermosiphon Heaters
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Type of Fuel
- Gasoline Powered Automotive Coolant Heater
- Diesel Powered Automotive Coolant Heater
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Heating Type
- Water Coolant Mix
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Operating Voltage
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Heating Capacity (kW)
- Below 1.5
- 1.5 to 2.5
- 2.5 to 4.5
- Above 4.5
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.