Automotive Coolant Heater Market: Introduction
- Rise in demand for pre-heating the liquids used in a vehicle, in order to reduce the starting time of the vehicle, is anticipated to propel the global automotive coolant heater market. An automotive coolant heater may be an active system or a passive system.
- An active heating system (forced flow heater) warms the coolant and circulates it through the engine block coolant by an electric pump, providing uniform heat distribution; while a passive heating system circulates coolant by the phenomenon of thermal convection. For instance, thermosiphon heaters, which are installed at the lowest point in a system, are responsible for warming the coolant and use thermal convection to circulate warmed coolant within the system.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market
- Demand for automotive coolant heater is anticipated to witness a surge in demand from countries that experience cold weather, which leads to repeated freezing of liquid including fuel, coolant, and oil in vehicles. Countries such as the U.S., Canada, Germany, France, and Italy experience severe cold weather, which in turn causes the vehicle liquid to freeze and vehicle owners experience issues during ignition and starting. This may lead to increased wear of the engine, hampering engine life and its performance. An automotive coolant heater pre-heats the vehicle liquids and ensures the supply of warm fuel to the vehicle engine during cold weather, preventing the engine from wearing out. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the global automotive coolant heater market.
- Regulations enacted by government authorities and regulatory bodies are compelling automakers to improve vehicle economy and subsequently, fueling the demand for automotive coolant heater. In case the fuel is heated and circulated through the engine, it flows smoothly within the hoses, ensuring even supply to the vehicle engine. This, in turn, enables the vehicle start instantly through easy ignition of the fuel, thereby reducing the fuel consumption of the vehicle.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on automotive coolant heater Market, Request for a Sample
Coolant antifreeze additives to hamper global automotive coolant heater market
- Aftermarket players and coolant manufacturers offer an antifreeze solution/ liquid to consumers. An antifreeze liquid, such as ethylene glycol, is added to the vehicle coolant or water in order to make it resistant to cold temperatures; consequently, eliminating the need to any heater or heating technology. For instance, additives for coolants developed by PARKER HANNIFIN CORP lend ant-freezing properties to the coolant. Therefore, adoption of coolant antifreeze additives is anticipated to hamper the global automotive coolant heater market.
Europe to dominate global automotive coolant heater market
- Countries in Europe including Italy, Germany, France, and Spain are home to majority of the pioneers and aftermarket players that cater to the global automotive industry. These countries also have well-established supply chain that caters to the automotive industry. Therefore, the region witness intense competition among automakers and aftermarket players. Moreover, companies in the region spend significant revenue on research and development activities to enhance vehicle aerodynamic performance and reduce fuel economy. All these factors propel the automotive coolant heater market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market
The global automotive coolant heater market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive coolant heater market are:
- Phillips & Temro Industries
- Hotstart Thermal Management
- Webasto Thermo & Comfort
- TOPS Industry & Technology Co., Ltd.
- Preheat Engineering
- LF Bros
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Utility Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Product Type
- Forced Flow Heaters
- Thermosiphon Heaters
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Type of Fuel
- Gasoline Powered Automotive Coolant Heater
- Diesel Powered Automotive Coolant Heater
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Heating Type
- Water Coolant Mix
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Operating Voltage
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Heating Capacity (kW)
- Below 1.5
- 1.5 to 2.5
- 2.5 to 4.5
- Above 4.5
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Coolant Heater Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.