Automotive Casing: Introduction
- Demand from consumers for vehicles with reduced maintenance costs is anticipated to propel the automotive casing market. An automotive casing is an important part of a vehicle that shields the vehicle systems from contamination and prevents external objects from getting mixed or sucked into the vital parts of vehicle systems.
- The engine, battery, and transmission drives are a few vital parts of the vehicle, and the automotive casing is used to shield or protect these components in a vehicle. The engine casing prevents the engine oil from leaking out.
Key drivers of global automotive casing market
- Stringent regulations are prompting automakers, globally, to implement solutions to enhance vehicle economy, which in turn is boosting the global automotive casing market. A vehicle engine cooling system regulates the temperature of the engine and derives power from the engine. The engine casing in a vehicle absorbs the excess heat generated. A casing with good thermal characteristics can dissipate and help regulate the rise in temperature effectively. This, in turn, reduces the strain on the engine cooling system, resulting in reduced power consumption, thereby reducing fuel consumption.
- Rising awareness about climate change and increase in air pollution is compelling government organizations to enact stringent regulations to reduce vehicle emission. Therefore, automotive casing, such as engine casing, enable thermal dissipation of heat effectively and reduce vehicle emissions by reducing fuel consumption. This, in turn, drives the global automotive casing market.
- Research and development in material science to provide robust and cost-effective protective casing for vehicle components and systems is propelling the automotive casing market. Materials such as steel, aluminum, nickel, and titanium are good conductors of heat and also offer required robustness in order to protect a vehicle system. However, metal casing are usually bulky and increase vehicle weight. Consequently, researchers have developed different alloys, composite materials, thermoplastics, and polymers that can be adopted to manufacture automotive casing In order to reduce weight and offer enhanced strength and rigidity. For instance, nickel-coated steels are utilized as a casing material for lithium-ion batteries as it offers enhanced chemical resistance excellent protection against corrosion, as compared to that offered by ordinary steel.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
- Researchers are focused on the development of a material called Supernickel, which not only offers similar properties to that of nickel-coated steel, but also provide galvanic resistance amongst electrodes of the batteries. Polymers, thermoplastics, and composite materials can be adopted in manufacturing automotive casing, where light weight is a key requirement. For instance, Polypropylene, a type of polymer, which is cost effective and offers good moldability similar to aluminum in order to manufacture battery casing of desired shape, has replaced aluminum as a casing material for battery casing.
Asia Pacific to account for significant share of global automotive casing market
- India, China, and Malaysia, in Asia Pacific, are witnessing significant economic expansion. Japan is a leading manufacturer and exporter of vehicles globally. China is a leading manufacturer of electric vehicles globally. India and China are home to significantly large two-wheeler and three-wheeler markets. Furthermore, Asia Pacific is witnessing rapid rise in manufacture of automobiles and their components attributed to the presence of key global manufacturers and local aftermarket players in conjunction with competitive nature of the companies in region. All these factors boost the automotive casing market in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in global automotive casing market
The global automotive casing market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive casing market are:
- Miniature Precision Components, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
- Montaplast GmbH
- MAHLE GmbH
- Rochling Group
- Polytec Group
- The Mondragón Cooperative Corporation
- Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd.
- Bluewater Thermal Solutions
- Ryobi Die Casting
- Storage Battery Systems, LLC
- Bison Profab
- Mier Products, Inc.
- EXPLORE ENERGIES
- Ultracraft Molders Private Limited
- Maxvolt Energy Industries Private Limited
- Targray India Private Limited
- M. S. Plastics, Bengaluru, India
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Casing Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Casing Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Casing Market, by Vehicle type
- Two Wheeler
- Three Wheeler
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Casing Market, by Propulsion Type
Global Automotive Casing Market, by Type
- Engine Casing
- Battery Casing
- Transmission Drive Casing
Global Automotive Casing Market, by Material
- Metal (Aluminum, Steel, etc.)
- Thermoplastic Material
- Composite Materials
- Alloys (Cast Iron, Nickel Coated Steel, Aluminum Alloys, etc.)
Global Automotive Casing Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Casing Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!