Automotive Casing: Introduction
- Demand from consumers for vehicles with reduced maintenance costs is anticipated to propel the automotive casing market. An automotive casing is an important part of a vehicle that shields the vehicle systems from contamination and prevents external objects from getting mixed or sucked into the vital parts of vehicle systems.
- The engine, battery, and transmission drives are a few vital parts of the vehicle, and the automotive casing is used to shield or protect these components in a vehicle. The engine casing prevents the engine oil from leaking out.
Key drivers of global automotive casing market
- Stringent regulations are prompting automakers, globally, to implement solutions to enhance vehicle economy, which in turn is boosting the global automotive casing market. A vehicle engine cooling system regulates the temperature of the engine and derives power from the engine. The engine casing in a vehicle absorbs the excess heat generated. A casing with good thermal characteristics can dissipate and help regulate the rise in temperature effectively. This, in turn, reduces the strain on the engine cooling system, resulting in reduced power consumption, thereby reducing fuel consumption.
- Rising awareness about climate change and increase in air pollution is compelling government organizations to enact stringent regulations to reduce vehicle emission. Therefore, automotive casing, such as engine casing, enable thermal dissipation of heat effectively and reduce vehicle emissions by reducing fuel consumption. This, in turn, drives the global automotive casing market.
- Research and development in material science to provide robust and cost-effective protective casing for vehicle components and systems is propelling the automotive casing market. Materials such as steel, aluminum, nickel, and titanium are good conductors of heat and also offer required robustness in order to protect a vehicle system. However, metal casing are usually bulky and increase vehicle weight. Consequently, researchers have developed different alloys, composite materials, thermoplastics, and polymers that can be adopted to manufacture automotive casing In order to reduce weight and offer enhanced strength and rigidity. For instance, nickel-coated steels are utilized as a casing material for lithium-ion batteries as it offers enhanced chemical resistance excellent protection against corrosion, as compared to that offered by ordinary steel.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
- Researchers are focused on the development of a material called Supernickel, which not only offers similar properties to that of nickel-coated steel, but also provide galvanic resistance amongst electrodes of the batteries. Polymers, thermoplastics, and composite materials can be adopted in manufacturing automotive casing, where light weight is a key requirement. For instance, Polypropylene, a type of polymer, which is cost effective and offers good moldability similar to aluminum in order to manufacture battery casing of desired shape, has replaced aluminum as a casing material for battery casing.
Asia Pacific to account for significant share of global automotive casing market
- India, China, and Malaysia, in Asia Pacific, are witnessing significant economic expansion. Japan is a leading manufacturer and exporter of vehicles globally. China is a leading manufacturer of electric vehicles globally. India and China are home to significantly large two-wheeler and three-wheeler markets. Furthermore, Asia Pacific is witnessing rapid rise in manufacture of automobiles and their components attributed to the presence of key global manufacturers and local aftermarket players in conjunction with competitive nature of the companies in region. All these factors boost the automotive casing market in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in global automotive casing market
The global automotive casing market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive casing market are:
- Miniature Precision Components, Inc.
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
- Montaplast GmbH
- MAHLE GmbH
- Rochling Group
- Polytec Group
- The Mondragón Cooperative Corporation
- Toyoda Gosei Co., Ltd.
- Bluewater Thermal Solutions
- Ryobi Die Casting
- Storage Battery Systems, LLC
- Bison Profab
- Mier Products, Inc.
- EXPLORE ENERGIES
- Ultracraft Molders Private Limited
- Maxvolt Energy Industries Private Limited
- Targray India Private Limited
- M. S. Plastics, Bengaluru, India
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Casing Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Casing Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Casing Market, by Vehicle type
- Two Wheeler
- Three Wheeler
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Casing Market, by Propulsion Type
Global Automotive Casing Market, by Type
- Engine Casing
- Battery Casing
- Transmission Drive Casing
Global Automotive Casing Market, by Material
- Metal (Aluminum, Steel, etc.)
- Thermoplastic Material
- Composite Materials
- Alloys (Cast Iron, Nickel Coated Steel, Aluminum Alloys, etc.)
Global Automotive Casing Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Casing Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.