Paper thin display (PTD) is a new generation ultra-thin display with a thickness smaller than 1.5 mm which is similar to a standard sheet of paper. These displays can be used for non-flat surface devices and can be easily wrapped on any electronic device. PTD finds a wide range of applications in electronic devices, signage used for advertising, and automotive display.
The PTDs market has observed a significant growth in the last few years due to the increasing innovation in computers and mobile devices to develop smaller and thinner devices. The market has observed a double digit year-on-year growth in the 2012 and is expected to continue this trend in the future along with the booming electronics industry.
Electronic portable devices hold a lion’s share in the PTD market and predicted to post the fastest growth in the next five years. Owing to a large number of tech savvy people who frequently replace their mobile handsets with advanced technology, North America represents the largest market for PTD.
PTDs are produced with sheet-to-sheet manufacturing process. Devices made by using PTD are easily chargeable with an external source. Flexibility, thinness, and the strength offered by PTDs would enable OEMs to easily wrap these displays around devices. Some other emerging applications for PTD include medical devices, solar cells and lighting products.
PTD can be used in high-performance electronic devices such as tablets, notebooks, and smartphones to support color filters for organic LCDs and LEDs. With the use of PTD, digital advertising becomes more attractive and impressive, which boosts the use of PTD in advertising signage. PTD can be used as a protective shield for OLED display to save it from dust and moisture. These displays can command opportunity in developing touch-sensors products.
The industry comprises of a large number of players and many emerging players are in the pipeline to enter this booming market. High market collaboration among the manufacturers to develop optimized manufacturing processes will increase the competition in the industry. Some key players in this industry AU Optronics Corp, AVESCO Group, Bridgestone Corp, Citala, Dai Nippon Printing Co Ltd, E Ink Holdings Inc, Fujitsu Ltd, LG Display, RiT Display Corp, and Samsung Group.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments