Sterile Vials: Introduction
- The pharmaceutical industry has experienced various technological advancements in the past few years. Recent advancement in routes of drug administration is shaping the market, and consequently, demand for sterile vials, pharmaceutical primary packaging, and parenteral products surpasses production.
- Sterile vials manufacturers focus on introducing suitable changes in dimension consistency and stability of novel and existing vials products due to increase in issues of inconsistent filling of drugs. Products according to packaging type such as small and large volume require different space considerations and also have container size limitations.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Sterile Vials Market
- Rise in demand for new drugs has fueled the growth of the global sterile vials market and the overall pharmaceutical packaging market. Manufacture of pharmaceutical and medical drugs and devices is increasing swiftly in emerging markets such as Brazil, India, and China. This drives demand for packaging & labeling products and services in the industry. The global sterile vials market is anticipated to witness rapid rise in demand for plastic packaging during the forecast period. Rise in demand for plastic vials compared to glass vials is due to benefits such as cost-effectiveness, lightweight, and easy availability of raw materials.
- Innovations in pharmaceutical and lifecycle packaging continues, as the industry becomes increasingly competitive and organizations aim for new product advances providing more convenience to customers. Recyclable plastic also is becoming the preferred material for sterile vials manufacturing. Multilayers also provide additional break resistance compared to glass. Plastic vials also offer improved design flexibility and dimensional precision as compared to glass. Various players in the market are collaborating to meet demand for such polymers.
- Strict government regulations and standards exist in the pharmaceutical industry, as it deals with drugs that affect human health. These stringent policies affect various issues including patient drug compliance, quality certifications, drug diversion, infection control programs, and counterfeiting. Health care regulatory bodies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the National Quality Forum (NQF), and the Healthcare Compliance Packaging Council (HCPC) have been working with primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging service providers, pharmacies, international government organizations, and consumer entities to improve pharmaceutical packaging to prevent contamination of drugs, devices, and vials, and to make them patient compliant.
- The European Union mandates that prescription drugs should be dispensed to patients in a unit dose packaging. Additionally, the FDA has approved unit dose packaging as the sole packaging layout, which can impose barcodes on packaging labels. These stringent regulations and standards increase the need for specialized packaging and labeling products and service providers. This is expected to propel the global sterile vials market.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Sterile Vials Market
- In terms of region, the global sterile vials market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are likely to account for major share of the global sterile vials market during the forecast period, owing to developed health care infrastructure, large patient population, and increase in technological developments.
- The anticipated transformation in the U.S. pharmaceutical industry across all segments is likely to reshape the entire pharmaceutical and associated industries in North America. Shrinking profit margins of large and small pharmaceutical producers is forcing them to explore new avenues in Asia Pacific. In order to reflect their likely existence and grow, companies are opting for structural shifts and adopting alternate operating models, which are more focused on new business priorities. This transition in the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S. is likely to present opportunities for vials manufacturers and distributors in North America.
- Vial and parenteral product companies focus on capturing the market in developed and developing countries in Asia. Considerable opportunities exist for pharma packaging product manufacturers in developing regions such as Asia Pacific. The region has undergone significant changes after the economic meltdown of 2008, making it the most lucrative health care destination in the world. Asia Pacific offers new opportunities for pharmaceutical companies; however, it is marked by high degree of particularities and complexities. The pharmaceutical industry is highly fragmented owing to presence of numerous small-scale pharmaceutical companies in the region especially in Japan, India, and China. Additionally, ecommerce companies such as Alibaba in China are exploring interests in the pharmaceutical sector. Hence, companies in the pharma primary packaging industry need to adopt long-term strategy and partnership with local companies to capitalize on this growing market.
Key Players Operating in Global Sterile Vials Market
The global sterile vials market is fragmented, with presence of large number of small-scale and large-scale companies. However, the global market is dominated by few players, accounting for around 40% of market share. Thermo Fisher Scientific, Gerresheimer, Sigma-Aldrich, La-Pha-Pack GmbH, Restek Corporation, Corning Glass, and United Company for Glass Containers are the major companies that dominate the global sterile vials market.
Leading companies operating in the global sterile vials market are:
- SGD Pharma
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Gerresheimer AG
- Stevanato Group
- SiO2 Medical Products, Inc.
- DWK Life Sciences
- Pacific Vial
- Corning, Inc.
- APG Pharma
- Radpharm Scientific
- Farris Laboratories, Inc.
- West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
- Shandong Medicinal Glass
- Bormioli Pharma
- SCHOTT AG9
Global Sterile Vials Market: Research Scope
Global Sterile Vials Market, by Product
- Sterile Empty Vials
- Sterile Evacuated Vials
- Sterile Nitrogen Filled Vials
- Sterile Air Filled Vials
- Sterile Liquid Filled Vials
- Sterile Saline Filled Vials
- Sterile Media Filled Vials
- Sterile Water Filled Vials
- Individual Sterilized Components (ISCs)
Global Sterile Vials Market, by Volume
- 10 ml
- 20 ml
- <20 ml
Global Sterile Vials Market, by End-user
- Clinical Labs
- Compounding Labs
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
Global Sterile Vials Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.