Cryopreservation Equipment Market
Cryopreservation Equipment Market (Type: Freezers, Incubators, Sample Preparation Systems, and Accessories; Cryogen: Liquid Nitrogen, Oxygen, Liquid Helium, and Argon; Application: Cord Blood Stem Cells, Sperms, Semen, and Testicular Tissues, Embryos & Oocytes, and Others; and End User: Stem Cell Banks, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Organizations, Stem Cell Research Laboratories, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Strategic Acquisitions Lead to Innovations in Freezers and Bioproduction of Gene Therapies
Companies in the cryopreservation equipment market are focusing on strategic acquisitions to expand their product portfolio. For instance, BioLife - a manufacturer of cryopreservation freeze media, announced its acquisition of Custom Biogenic Solutions - a producer of cryopreservation equipment for the biotech industry, to expand its portfolio of liquid nitrogen laboratory freezers and other cryogenic equipment.
Strategic acquisitions have led to rise in investments in improving the technology of freezers. As such, freezers segment is expected to account for the highest revenue of the cryopreservation equipment market. The segment is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 3.5 Bn by the end of 2027. Companies are increasing efficacy of cloud-based monitoring systems that help in evaluating biologic sample storage conditions.
Developments in cryogen techniques have led to innovations in liquid nitrogen laboratory freezers. As such, liquid nitrogen cryogen segment dominates the cryopreservation equipment market and is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 5.1 Bn by 2027. Companies are tapping into opportunities for the development of tools for bioproduction of cell and gene therapies.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Cryopreservation Equipment Market
Automated Systems in Sample-prep Support Cryo-em Analysis for Protein and Drug Discovery
The cryopreservation equipment market is witnessing innovations in advanced sample preparation systems. For instance, TTP Labtech - a manufacturer of products within sample management, announced the launch of its next-gen automated system for sample-prep. Companies are making efforts to innovate in cryogenic electron microscopy (cryo-EM) in advanced sample preparation systems. As such, sample preparation systems are projected for exponential growth in the cryopreservation equipment market.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Innovations in sample-prep systems are paving the way for cryo-EM analysis, which is instrumental in protein research and drug discovery. High-quality foil grids in systems for cryo-EM analysis are increasingly replacing manual processes in the healthcare industry. Thus, stakeholders in biotechnology and research laboratories are benefitting from these advanced systems to assess structure of biomolecules and support protein research. Advanced sample-prep systems are pervasively replacing conventional methods of NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) and X ray crystallography. These systems offer areas for researchers to solve complex protein structures, which was not possible with conventional methods. Improved 3D imaging and high speed blot-free plunging are key attributes that are attracting research companies in the cryopreservation equipment market landscape.
Stem Cell Storage and New Cell Manufacturing Plants Create Income Sources for Companies
Emergence of new cell manufacturing plants is complementing the growth of the cryopreservation equipment market. For instance, Cellex Incorporated - a biotechnology company, announced the launch of its cell manufacturing plant in Cologne, Germany to produce advanced therapy medicinal products for cryopreservation and cell purification, among others.
Companies in the cryopreservation equipment market are expanding their services in long-term cryo-storage of advanced therapy medicinal products. Thus, manufacturing innovative cell therapy products for cancer is beneficial for creating new income opportunities for manufacturers of cryopreservation equipment. However, growth of the stem cells industry is another driver of the cryopreservation equipment market growth. Growing awareness about stem cell storage at birth is gaining importance in the cryopreservation equipment market landscape.
Cutting-edge Sensor Technology Aids pH and Co2 Measurement in Benchtop Incubators
The cryopreservation equipment market is largely consolidated with three dominant players accounting for a combined share of ~66% of the cryopreservation equipment market. However, difficulty to establish the right culture environment and incubator conditions for laboratories and IVF clinics are some of the challenges faced by emerging players. Hence, manufacturers in the cryopreservation equipment market are increasing production capabilities to develop equipment that provide insights on pH measurement. For instance, Planer — a supplier of controlled temperature products, innovated in PetriSense®ST, a sensor that provides monitoring of pH and CO2 in benchtop incubators.
Incubators type segment dominates the cryopreservation equipment market and is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 2.9 Bn by 2027. Hence, equipment companies are increasing technical expertise in sensor technology to support incubator applications in laboratories and IVF clinics. Portability and flexibility of petri dish-sized sensors is gaining application in laboratory equipment. Thus, manufacturers in the cryopreservation equipment market are expected to increase their scope for incremental opportunities by developing advanced sensor equipment to cater to the needs of end users in labs and clinics.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Technological innovations in new sample-prep systems are gaining importance for the study of biological and non-biological materials.
However, the process of obtaining vitrified samples of appropriate thickness on foil grids presents as a challenge for researchers in the cryo-EM analysis. Hence, stakeholders in research and laboratory institutes are investing in automated cryo-EM systems for sample-prep of complex proteins and biomolecules.
Manufacturers should target cryopreservation equipment in countries of Asia Pacific, such as India, due to increased efforts of Indian stakeholders for establishment of new biotechnology facilities with cryo-EM and other instruments. Moreover, emergence of bioclusters for connecting university and academic researchers and technology management units is another driver that is creating lucrative opportunities for companies in the cryopreservation equipment market.
Cryopreservation Equipment Market: Introduction
- Cryopreservation equipment are used to store human tissues and blood products for longer periods under controlled environment to maintain quality and stability of the products. Freezers are used to store tissues for a long period of time, whereas storage systems are used to store for a shorter period and for shipping purposes.
- The cryopreservation equipment market report comprises an elaborate executive summary, which includes a snapshot that provides information about various segments of the cryopreservation equipment market. It also provides information and data analysis of the global cryopreservation equipment market with respect to segments based on type, cryogen, application, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report analyzes market dynamics and trends, such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities influencing the global cryopreservation equipment market. The section also covers market revenue projections, market attractiveness analysis, and key market share analysis in order to provide a thorough analysis of the overall competitive scenario in the global cryopreservation equipment market.
Cryopreservation Equipment Market: Key Driver and Restraint
- The global cryopreservation equipment market is driven by increase in demand for regenerative medicines, advancements in the biobanking technology, rise in awareness, and surge in healthcare expenditure
- Stability issues and storage problems, along with stringent regulations are factors anticipated to restrain the global market
Cryopreservation Equipment Market: Segmentation
- In terms of type, the global cryopreservation equipment market has been classified into freezers, incubators, sample preparation systems, and accessories. The freezers segment dominated the global cryopreservation equipment market in 2018, as freezers reduce the risk of microbial growth, minimize protein interactions with container closures, and extend the shelf life of biological products. Freezers are used significantly, as these offer safety and stability of biological products.
- Based on cryogen, the cryopreservation equipment market has been categorized into liquid nitrogen, oxygen, liquid helium, and argon. The liquid nitrogen segment dominated the cryopreservation equipment market in 2018, owing to increase in use of liquid nitrogen for cryopreservation by clinical research organizations and biotechnology & pharmaceutical companies.
- In terms of application, the global cryopreservation equipment market has been segregated into cord blood stem cells, sperms, semen, and testicular tissues, embryos & oocytes, and others. The sperms, semen, and testicular tissues segment is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, as cryopreservation is used to store sperms so that they can remain viable for longer periods.
- Based on end user, the cryopreservation equipment market has been divided into stem cell banks, biotechnology & pharmaceutical organizations, stem cell research laboratories, and others. The biotechnology & pharmaceutical organizations segment dominated the cryopreservation equipment market in 2018. The segment is expected to sustain its leadership position during the forecast period. Growth of the segment can be attributed to increase in the number of researches to minimize life-threatening diseases through discovery of new drugs.
- Each of the segments of the cryopreservation equipment market has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The report provides current and future revenues (US$ Mn) for each of these segments for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2019 to 2027 along with market size estimations.
Geographic Overview: Cryopreservation Equipment Market
- In terms of region, the global cryopreservation equipment market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for a significant share of the cryopreservation equipment market in 2018. The market in the region is anticipated to be driven by high rate of adoption of cryopreservation equipment for clinical and laboratory analysis.
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the cryopreservation equipment market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares, and help in their decision-making process
Cryopreservation Equipment Market: Key Players
- The cryopreservation equipment report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the market
- Key players operating in the global cryopreservation equipment market include
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Beckman Coulter, Inc.
- Brooks Automation, Inc.
- VWR International,
- Merck KGaA
- BioLifeSolutions, Inc.
- Bluechiip Ltd.
- Custom Biogenic Systems
- Hamilton Company
- PHC Corporation
Cryopreservation Equipment Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global cryopreservation equipment market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the mentioned indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the revenue of the global cryopreservation equipment market for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global cryopreservation equipment market for the forecast period from 2019 to 2027.
The report has been prepared after extensive research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts conducted interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved studying key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the cryopreservation equipment market.
Secondary research includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the cryopreservation equipment market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the cryopreservation equipment market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the cryopreservation equipment market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the cryopreservation equipment market. Key players operating in the global cryopreservation equipment market have been identified and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT analysis are some of the attributes of players in the global cryopreservation equipment market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in the Global Cryopreservation Equipment Market Report
- How does the development of cryopreservation equipment provide the scope of growth in the cryopreservation equipment market?
- How alliances and partnerships between players are widening the scope of new preservation techniques for cryopreservation equipment?
- What will be the revenue share projections of key segments under various criteria in the global cryopreservation equipment market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to register leading revenue by 2027?
- How is the evolving health care system in developing countries of Asia Pacific making an impact on the overall cryopreservation equipment market?
Cryopreservation Equipment Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the cryopreservation equipment market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of the line of procedure for cryopreservation.
For reading comprehensibility, the report is compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global cryopreservation equipment market in terms of type, cryogen, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share for each of these at the end of 2027 has also been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the cryopreservation equipment market.
Cryopreservation Equipment Market – Segmentation
Cord Blood Stem Cells
Sperms, Semen, and Testicular Tissues
Embryos & Oocytes
Stem Cell Banks
Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Organizations
Stem Cell Research Laboratories
Middle East & Africa