Automotive Human Machine Interface Market
Automotive Human-Machine Interface (HMI) Market (Product: Infotainment Systems, Window/ Door Controls, Instrument Clusters, Head-up Displays, and Steering Wheels; Interface: Voice Command, Face Detection, Gesture Recognition, and Mechanical; Vehicle: Passenger Vehicles and Commercial Vehicles) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Automotive HMI Market – Third-parties Essay Prominence for Spectrum of Service Areas
As vehicles are now packed with sensors to become progressively interconnected, third-parties operating in this space extend enormous support to OEMs and tier-1 suppliers to develop automotive human-machine interfaces (HMIs) to be in line with the expectations of drivers. Third-parties extend support for automotive HMIs for a spectrum of areas, including head-units, in-vehicle infotainment (IVI), and cluster HMIs. These services support the development of user interface (UI) views based on UI/UX design inputs from OEMs or tier-1 suppliers. To sum up, complete HMI development for infotainment, development of HMI web services, HMI customization/branding, and multiscreen HMI solutions with seamless interaction are some services facilitated by third-parties for the development of automotive HMIs. Nonetheless, there lies critical reasons behind the development of avant-garde automotive HMI solutions.
Today, increasing demand for the safety of vehicles, personalized driving experience, convenience extended by an array of technologies, and ubiquitous connectivity are resulting in changing the face of automobiles. So much so, automobiles are now considered high-performing, intricate machines constructed on the basis of very complex logic supported by macro and micro processes. Meanwhile, the development of embedded system solutions that can be integrated with automotive human-machine interface systems opens new frontiers in the automotive HMI market. Technology companies in the automotive space are providing cutting-edge solutions that allow interactive content in resource-pressed environments.
Beyond this, the emergence of artificial intelligence (AI)–based technologies serves to play a key role for automotive human-machine interface solutions. For example, voice-enabled smart assistants for infotainment, car control, and other functions are likely to remain attractive, as connected cars are likely to take a front seat in the years ahead. Implicitly, gaining from vast outbound and inbound capabilities of connected cars, seamless connectivity, and heightened vehicle safety are some critical factors driving the demand for automotive HMI solutions. Gauging opportunities in this rapidly-expanding space, Transparency Market Research (TMR) presents a market study on the automotive human-machine interface market. According to the findings of TMR, the automotive HMI market is likely to expand at a CAGR of ~7% between 2019 and 2027.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your business for future, ask for a sample report here
Automotive HMI Market – Key Trends
Replete with Features for Vehicular Safety and Passenger Entertainment, Infotainment an Important Aspect
The thrust upon OEMs to integrate advanced safety and security systems with automobiles is creating demand within automotive human-machine interface solutions. The installation of heads-up display for the safety of passengers, anti-theft locks, rear occupant alert systems, and drowsiness monitoring systems are some advanced systems that are increasingly being sought-after in passenger and commercial vehicles.
Among a range of products, infotainment systems account for the leading share in the automotive HMI market. Typically, infotainment systems for automobiles comprise hardware and software for audio and video entertainment. A console or interface is provided to control the functions of an infotainment system. This is complemented with a touchscreen that displays the action ordered by the user for the infotainment system and vice-versa. Modern connected vehicles are equipped with infotainment systems that comprise digital control panels for two-way communication. Such features account for their leading share in the worldwide automotive HMI market. However, the instrument clusters segment is likely to register the leading CAGR over the forecast period, says TMR. By interface, the mechanical segment has stood at the fore in the recent past. The growth of this segment is mainly because most modern connected passenger vehicles are equipped with touchscreen controlled systems.
With Increasing Installation of Hi-tech Communication Systems in Newer Automobiles, Asia Pacific to Remain Prominent
Vis-à-vis revenue, Asia Pacific has held the leading share of the automotive human-machine interface market since the recent past. The growth of the region is attributed to innovations and advancements in the automotive industry in the region. Rapidly rising demand for connected vehicles equipped with hi-tech communication systems is a key factor behind the growth of the Asia Pacific automotive human-machine interface market.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Automotive HMI Market - Winning Imperatives
Scope for Interactive Multi-modal Capabilities Extends Vast White Space for Growth
In the automotive human-machine interface space, the roll out of multimodal interface systems is predicted to emerge as a lucrative option. Voice command, face detection, and gesture control are some newer interactive techniques that savvy players in the automotive HMI market are banking on for growth.
The development of interactive multimodal capabilities for heavy commercial vehicles serves to provide ample white space for players in the automotive human-machine interface market. Developing economies extend wide opportunities for the integration of multimodal capabilities with HMIs for the operations of heavy commercial vehicles. Investments and technological upgrades in the automotive sector in developing economies in Asia Pacific are some areas where savvy players in the automotive human-machine interface market are focused on. Low penetration of technology in the automotive sector provides expansion scope for keen players in the overall automotive HMI market.
To get a bird’s eye view of Automotive Human Machine Interface Market’s forecasts, ask for a Custom Report
Automotive HMI Market - Competitive Landscape
On the competitive front, the automotive human-machine interface market bears a largely consolidated vendor landscape. In 2018, the top eight players held ~50% share of the automotive human-machine interface market, finds TMR.
To stay competitive, keen players are charting their roadmaps and capitalizing on growth opportunities. The introduction of cutting-edge solutions using state-of-the-art technologies is a key strategy adopted by savvy players in the automotive human-machine interface market. For example, in June 2019, Harman International introduced its new dual-mode V2X system to amplify automotive safety. This new telematics system is capable of tapping into dedicated short range communication (DSRC) systems and cellular to vehicle everything networks (C-V2X). Such release remove the ambiguity of failure with safety system setups in the vicinity.
Expansion of production facilities as well as capabilities are also what keen players in the automotive human-machine interface market are focused on for growth. The expansion of production capacity at the Pune plant of Harman International is an example of the same. Investments worth US$ 50 Mn made by the company are likely to expand production capacity three times, and the headcount by almost double. The company plans to produce Telematics Control Units (TCUs) and Digital Cockpit Units (DCUs) at this plant. With such huge investments and augment of production capacity, over 2,500,000 units are likely to be produced, up from the current 200,000 each year.
Global Automotive Human-Machine Interface (HMI) Market: Key Insights
- The global automotive human-machine interface (HMI) market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~7% between 2019 and 2027.
- Voice recognition is expected to be a prominent segment among other interface segments
- The mechanical segment is anticipated to hold a prominent share of the automotive HMI market during the forecast period.
- The SUVs sub-segment is projected to hold a substantial share of the passenger vehicles segment of the global automotive human-machine interface
Drivers of Global Automotive HMI Market
The global automotive human-machine interface market is estimated to expand at a notable pace during the forecast period, owing to the rising adoption of digital systems, and the inclination toward the development and adoption of autonomous vehicles. The adoption of features that reduce the chances of distraction for the driver, coupled with the increasing integration of automated systems is anticipated to propel the automotive human-machine interface market.
- The rising adoption of connected vehicles and high emphasis on the adoption of vehicle connectivity are playing a key role in the expansion of the global automotive HMI market, owing to the integration of large number of connected features that can be operated through various interface technologies.
- The speech recognition and gesture recognition segments are anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the automotive human-machine interface market, as these features reduce the chances of distraction for the driver by making it easier to operate various functions.
- The high preference among consumers for digital instrument consoles, coupled with rising competition among automotive manufacturers is expected to be a key factor that drives the global automotive HMI market.
- The high demand for telematics and connectivity features requires the installation of a large number of digital features, which, in turn, is likely to boost the demand for automotive HMIs.
Challenges for Global Automotive HMI Market
- Low awareness about digital systems across rural areas in developing countries is expected to hamper the automotive human-machine interface
- The absence of connectivity regulations and required infrastructure in developing countries is a major factor restraining the automotive HMI market.
- The integration of digital systems and connectivity significantly increases the cost of a vehicle, which, in turn, is estimated to hinder the global automotive human-machine interface market during the forecast period.
Global Automotive HMI Market: Segmentation
- The global automotive human-machine interface market has been segmented based on product, technology, vehicle, and region.
- Based on product, the infotainment systems segment accounted for a substantial share of the automotive human-machine interface market, owing to the high penetration of digital infotainment systems in vehicles with digital consoles various other controls, based on speech recognition, gesture, and touch screen. The heads up displays segment is a highly lucrative product segment, owing to their rising penetration in premium vehicles. Furthermore, heads up displays are likely to be incorporated in mid- and entry-level vehicles during the forecast period.
- Based on interface, the voice command or speech recognition segment is expected to be a highly lucrative segment in the automotive human-machine interface market, owing to the rising demand for speech recognition-based features in vehicles. Moreover, premium vehicles and connected vehicles are key vehicles driving the voice command segment of the automotive HMI market. The mechanical segment, currently, holds a major share of the automotive human-machine interface market, owing to the presence of a large number of touch screen HMIs for infotainment systems in vehicles.
- Based on vehicle, the passenger vehicles segment accounted for a major share of the automotive human-machine interface market in 2018. It is likely to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Among all passenger vehicles, The SUVs segment held a notable share of the automotive human-machine interface market, followed by the sedans segment. Moreover, SUVs belong to the premium class segment of vehicles, and hence, contain a large number of features for connectivity and infotainment. This can be attributed to the notable share held by the segment in the automotive HMI market. The rising demand for SUVs in the market is another factor responsible for the high share held by the SUVs sub-segment in the automotive human-machine interface
Global Automotive HMI Market: Regional Analysis
- In terms of region, Asia Pacific is a prominent market for automotive HMIs, owing to the presence of a large number of manufacturers in the countries of Asia Pacific, such as China, Japan, South Korea, and India, which are prominent markets for the automotive industry in Asia Pacific.
- Europe is another key market for automotive HMIs, owing to stringent regulations in the region regarding connectivity features, and higher awareness among people about digital features.
Global Automotive HMI Market: Competitive Landscape
Key market players operating in the global automotive human-machine interface market include -
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Harman International
- Magneti Marelli
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Tata ELXSI
- Valeo Visteon
Automotive Human-Machine Interface (HMI) Market - Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s market study on the automotive human-machine interface (HMI) market is an all-inclusive attempt to provide the historical, current, and future growth scenario of the said market for the 2019-2027 forecast period. Analysis of the automotive human-machine interface market provided herein is based on holistic evaluation of the growth trends and market indicators that influenced the said market in the past. The report also provides crucial data on the growth indices and competitive dynamics that are likely to have an impact in the shaping of automotive HMI market for the aforementioned assessment period.
An in-depth discussion of the competitive landscape is a highlight of this report. This includes discussion on advances made by top players and their impact on the growth of automotive HMI market. This provides readers a clear picture of the current hierarchy, and how it is likely to evolve by the end of the forecast period. Besides this, TMR’s report provides accurate and reliable analytics based on vast data collected from a host of sources pertinent to the automotive human-machine interface market.
Key Questions Answered in the Automotive HMI Market Report
- What are key demand drivers and challenges influencing the growth trajectory of automotive HMI market?
- What is the analysis of SWOT (strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats) of the automotive human-machine interface market?
- What are the growth trends likely to come to the fore in the automotive human-machine interface market over the 2019-2027 forecast period?
- What is the expected year-on-year growth in the automotive HMI market over the forecast period?
- How are key regions in the automotive human-machine interface market likely to fare in terms of market share over the forecast period?
- How are technological advancements in the automotive sector playing a role in the shaping of the automotive HMI market?
Automotive HMI Market - Research Methodology and Research Objectives
The 16-section report on the automotive HMI market opens with a preface that throws light on the scope of the report and market segmentation. The scope of the report entails key stakeholders in the value chain of the automotive human-machine interface market. The section highlights market segmentation based on key criteria and growth behavior of key segments over the forecast period.
Moving on, research assumptions, terms and terminologies, and abbreviations used in the making of the report are put forth. This is followed by an executive summary that includes an easy-to-comprehend graphic for overall assessment of the automotive human-machine interface market over the 2019-2027 forecast period. The graphic provides revenue share of each segment and region, thereby laying the foundation for the business value of this report.
The report on the automotive HMI market then moves on to the market overview section, wherein, analysts provide insights into the market dynamics. The section also points out the key trends, promising opportunities, and critical challenges in the automotive human-machine interface market. The sub-sections of the overview section of this report includes SWOT analysis, Porter’s Five Forces analysis, value chain analysis, and regulations and compliances in the ambit of automotive communication systems.
Following this, the report on the automotive human-machine interface market provides readers with the current values and projections for the overall market and for each segment. Moving on, the section describes the competitive landscape, where analysts put forth the growth strategies adopted by key players along with their current market shares. The section ends with a profile of companies in the automotive HMI market included in this report.
Automotive HMI Market – Segmentation
Middle East & Africa