Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market
Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market (Product Type: Infotainment System, Window/Door Control, Instrument Cluster, Head-up Display, and Steering Wheel; Interface: Voice Command, Face Detection, Gesture Recognition, and Mechanical; and Vehicle Type: Passenger Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Consumers Today Prefers Smooth, Safe User Experience While Driving
An automotive human-machine interface is a simple interaction between computer software in automobiles and humans. With increasing finesse comes more opportunities for the human to control more features of the vehicle. The automotive human-machine interface allows drivers and passengers to communicate with their vehicles more conveniently through smart features such as voice, touch screens, buttons, push rotary controllers, swipe and gesture, and even the speech recognition technology. The distraction-free features of the human-machine interface are making the user experience more comfortable and convenient. Additionally, various automobile manufacturers are focusing on implementing multi-information displays in cars to split the information based on the relevance of driver and passenger. The system also allows users to customize features of the software to improve the interaction with 2D and 3D graphics and driver augmented reality systems. This rise in the prevalence of autonomous and connected vehicles is projected to drive the global automotive human-machine interface market during the forecast period.
The primary objective of the automotive human-machine interface is to keep the driver’s concentration on the road, lessen distractions, improve vehicle safety, comfort, convenience, and provide options for personalization. With advancing technologies, the automotive human-machine interface featured in upcoming vehicles is adaptive and personalized. Modern customers demand a smooth experience, and human-machine interface solutions can meet the demand for regular interactions with a car. Empowered by smart systems and installed sensors, automotive human-machine interfaces make sure that cars and other vehicles respond to driver intent and preferences. Moreover, the integration of advanced systems, such as anti-theft lock, rear occupant alert system, and drowsiness monitoring system, is attracting new consumers to the market. Furthermore, rising safety and security concerns among automobile consumers are anticipated to boost the demand for head-up displays, which reduce the chances of distraction for drivers and contributes to enhancing the safety of the vehicle. All these factors are expected to contribute to the expansion of the automotive human-machine interface market during the projected future.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market
COVID-19 Impact on Automobile Sector Hinder Demand for Automotive Human-Machine Interface
The imposed worldwide lockdown to protect people from severely affecting with coronavirus nears its end and corporations plan to revive operations. It will be a fortnight of preparation to leap out business operations. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a sudden and drastic impact on the globally integrated automotive industry. Impacts involve disruption in Chinese automotive parts’ shipping, large-scale manufacturing delays across Europe, and closure of numerous equipment plants in the United States. This is putting serious pressure on the automotive human-machine interface market, which is already coping with a downshift in the global demand and likely giving up to merger & acquisition activities.
The pandemic has exposed various challenges for the automotive sector. Many nations are still preparing for a broader spread of the virus. Countries including Italy, South Korea, and Japan are majorly affected among major industrialized economies. The majority of the automobile sector in these regions has a severe impact on the economy and most of them lacked the staff to run a full production line. However, to subdue the unprecedented challenge, the auto industry players embraced digitization to adjust to the new normal to serve consumers, while learning to be nimble-footed to keep companies running under COVID-19 standard operating procedures and focusing on economic health by decreasing costs and generating free cash flows. Furthermore, with rapid production and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines and drugs, the situation is expected to become normal very shortly, and businesses are preparing to overcome the losses by speeding up the production, advertisements, and quality, which is likely to improve demand for the global automotive human-machine interface market in the upcoming future.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Advanced Features Offered by Automotive Human-Machine Interface Ensures Vehicle Safety
Advancements in artificial intelligence with the speech recognition technology are observing a high rate of the adoption for various applications in automobiles. The integration of virtual assistants has increased the convenience and comfort of drivers and passengers. The pandemic influenced leading manufacturers to create touchless HMI systems. The growing popularity of voice command systems is contributing to the growing demand for the automotive human-machine interface market. Furthermore, various leading brands are exploring the potential of the automotive human-machine interface to augment offerings by including autonomous vehicles. Designs are intended to prepare drivers for passing over the control to their vehicles. A human-machine interface operates like a driver’s navigator and can assist with making the correct decisions in case of critical events. The features also allow communication with external devices to park the vehicle, avoid barriers, and prevent micro sleep. All these features supporting user convenience are anticipated to grow the demand for the automotive human-machine interface market during the forecast period.
The automotive human-machine interface collects and prioritizes the information and quickly presents it in a focused and precise way. The flow of data varies with the situation and driver’s condition, and only the relevant information and adequate decisions are offered to the user. Additionally, the driver obtains a reliable confirmation for every activity instated. This establishes trust in the vehicle’s functions and intimates that the driver is and will remain in continuous charge of the situation. Trust can be significantly important, and thus the demand for the automotive human-machine interface is growing. Automobile manufacturers need to constantly improve the ride experience and safety of their vehicles by integrating advanced technologies. With growing stringent laws for vehicle safety in various countries, producers are integrating some sort of ADAS features in vehicles. The increasing concerns and upgrades for vehicle safety are anticipating increased demand for the automotive human-machine interface market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market
The rising demand for the modernization of automotive systems for a better ride experience is creating a heavy demand for the automotive human-machine interface market. Constantly changing consumer expectations and rising disposable income are factors contributing to market growth. Increasing market competition and upgrading competitive strategies among automotive manufacturers are estimated to propel the automotive human-machine interface market. The global automotive human-machine interface market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~6% from 2021 to 2031. Regionally, owing to the presence of global luxury vehicle manufacturers, increased demand for more advanced components, owing to higher per capita income and higher standard of living, and increased rate of adoption of advanced comfort technologies are key factors that can be attributed to the leading share held by the U. S. in the automotive human-machine interface market in North America. However, the market is currently experiencing a slowdown due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This is expected to end soon, as medical aids and vaccinations are rapidly distributing, and things are normalizing in many regions.
Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market: Overview
- The global automotive human-machine interface market was valued over US$ 16.3 Bn in 2020. It is estimated to expand at a CAGR of ~6% from 2021 to 2031. Human-Machine Interface (HMI) is a user interface or dashboard that enables drivers and passengers to interact with their vehicles through mechanical buttons, levers, or through more sophisticated software that interprets voice and gesture commands.
- Rising demand for modernization of automotive systems for better ride experience is a major factor driving the global automotive human-machine interface market. Rapid change in consumer expectations about vehicle and human communication interfaces coupled with increasing competition among automotive manufacturers is a key factor that is estimated to propel the automotive human-machine interface market during the forecast period.
Drivers of Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market
- Automotive safety has become concern amid growing number of traffic accidents across the globe. This has prompted manufacturers to integrate connected technology-enabled devices that convey vehicle and surrounding related information to the driver and interprets the driver’s input commands flawlessly. Technologies such as interactive instrument cluster and heads-up display enable drivers to view all the important information related to the vehicle and navigation without looking away from the road. This reduces the probability of accidents and improves safety. Thus, these safety related benefits are propelling the human-machine interface market across the globe.
- Rise in disposable income of people has boosted their standard of living, which, in turn, has fueled the demand of luxury products, including premium vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with multi-information displays, swipe and gesture functions, and speech recognition, among other technologies, which deliver personalized interactions to the driver and co-passengers. This rise in sale of premium vehicles is further propelling the global automotive human-machine interface market.
- Rise in activity of development and adoption of autonomous vehicles have boosted the need for vehicle HMI systems powered by advanced connectivity and processing technologies. Governments in various countries are supporting the development of these vehicles. For instance, The European Commission is supporting testing of autonomous vehicles by setting up 5G trials over more than 1,000 km of highway including four cross-border corridors: Metz-Merzig-Luxembourg, Munich-Bologna via the Brenner Pass, and Porto-Vigo and Evora-Merida, both between Spain and Portugal. These ongoing developments and increasing adoption of autonomous & connected vehicles are anticipated to propel the automotive human-machine interface market.
Challenges for Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market
- High cost of automotive human-machine interface systems is a major factor restraining its adoption. The multimodal human-machine interface system, which comprises multiple interfaces, is significantly expensive and hence, adds to the final cost of the vehicle. Moreover, the criticality in maintenance of these complex systems at local garages is difficult, as workers are not acquainted with the advanced HMI systems. These factors are further restraining the global automotive human-machine interface market.
- The recent outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic hampered majority of businesses across the globe, owing to the forced lockdown, which caused people to stay at home. Automotive suppliers and OEMs had shut their operations. This hindered the supply chain and sale of automobiles, which, in turn, hampered the global automotive human-machine interface market.
Segmentation of Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market
- The global automotive human-machine interface market has been segmented based on product type, interface, vehicle type, and region
- Based on product type, the infotainment segment dominated the global automotive human-machine interface market, in terms of revenue, in 2020. Infotainment systems have become a standard feature in most vehicles. Automakers are constantly upgrading their infotainment systems to include additional features that provide better ride control and comfort.
- Based on interface, the mechanical segment dominated the global automotive human-machine interface market, in terms of revenue, in 2020. Voice command is estimated to be a highly lucrative segment, owing to the rising demand for speech recognition based features in vehicles. Furthermore, the current outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has increased the popularity of touchless HMI systems.
Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market: Regional Analysis
- Based on region, the global automotive human-machine interface market has been segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held a major share of the global automotive human-machine interface market in 2020. Rapid expansion of the automotive industry across countries such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea is major factor driving the automotive human-machine interface market in Asia Pacific. Rise in number of vehicle sales, ongoing developments in connected vehicle technologies, and favorable transformations in vehicle safety regulations are fueling the demand for automotive HMI systems in Asia Pacific.
Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players operating in the global automotive human-machine interface market include
- ALPS ALPINE CO., LTD.
- CAPGEMINI ENGINEERING
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- EAO AG
- Harman International
- Marelli Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Nuance Communications Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Socionext Inc.
- Tata ELXSI
- Valeo SA
- Visteon Corporation
- Yazaki Corporation
- Key players operating in the global automotive human-machine interface market are expanding their market share by engaging in mergers & acquisitions or partnership activities with other players. For instance, on October 20, 2020, TOKAI RIKA Co., Ltd. and Alps Alpine Co., Ltd. entered into a basic agreement on collaboration involving joint product development within the human-machine interface (HMI) domain with objectives to enhance product competitiveness and strengthen development capabilities.
Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the automotive human-machine interface market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the automotive human-machine interface market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2021 to 2031, wherein, 2020 is the base year and 2019 and before is historical data. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the automotive human-machine interface market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the automotive human-machine interface market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market
- How much value will the automotive human-machine interface market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2031?
- What are the impact factors and there effects on the market for automotive human-machine interface market?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall automotive human-machine interface market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the automotive human-machine interface market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the automotive human-machine interface market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the automotive human-machine interface market?
- How regulatory norms affected the market for automotive human-machine interface market?
This report answers these questions and more about the automotive human-machine interface market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the automotive human-machine interface market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the automotive human-machine interface market is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by the key players, researchers of the automotive human-machine interface market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the automotive human-machine interface market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the automotive human-machine interface market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the automotive human-machine interface market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Automotive Human-Machine Interface Market – Segmentation
This report on the automotive human-machine interface market provides information on the basis of product type, interface, vehicle type, and region.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the automotive human-machine interface market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and a SWOT analysis of the automotive human-machine interface market in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.