ADAS Market - Economic Cars to Widen End-use Base
Despite the scarce availability of technological resources and average production infrastructure in developing countries, advanced driver assistance systems - also known as ADAS - are making inroads, and will continue to advance at a striking CAGR of ~13% during 2019-2027. A spurt in their popularity is attributable to increasing road safety concerns. Once being a cosmetic feature in high-end vehicles, advanced driver assistance systems are working their way down to less-premium models, and much of this has to do with regulatory norms legislated towards raising driver safety and alertness.
Though the cost-prohibitive nature of ADAS poses a challenge for their integration in vehicles, market majors such as Continental and Autoliv collaborate with OEMs to scale price backwards. The move is projected to fuel more reciprocal advantage-based collaborations in the ADAS market, and bring in a spurt in the integration of ADAS in all vehicle models.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your business for future, ask for a sample report here
Adaptive Front Light Systems to Illuminate the Road Ahead
As per the report published by Transparency Market Research (TMR), car owners evince proclivity for vehicles with a greater degree of comfort, such as those with assistive parking or blind spot detection feature. Currently, among the ADAS technologies, the adaptive front light system is performing excellently, which is rather evident from its growing market share tantamount to ~19% in 2018, and ~27% expected in 2027.
However, novel blind spot detection technology is poised to gain significant traction over others, and will contest with adaptive front lighting system in terms of adoption, given the competency of ADAS to equip drivers with vital information in the form of a visual or an alarm that would otherwise be difficult to comprehend.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Semiconductor Manufacturers to Foray in the Automotive Game, Benefitting Asia Pacific
As autonomous vehicles will begin hitting the roads in large numbers, regulators will require them to be equipped with certain viable ADAS features, which is influencing their uptake at an exponential rate. High-tech electronics and semiconductor players, such as Panasonic, Sony, and Samsung are actively pursuing advanced driver assistance system market opportunities to penetrate into the automotive industry, which is unlocking new avenues for thriving electronic and semiconductor industries of Asia Pacific. During the forecast period, Asia Pacific will hold a significant share with a CAGR of ~14% in the advanced driver assistance system market, followed by Europe and North America.
Yet another success factor driving the leap of the Asia Pacific ADAS market is the massive uptake in the sales of passenger vehicles with the incorporation of advanced driver assistance systems. As per trends, the adoption of advanced driver assistance system technology in passenger cars is projected to remain higher than that in commercial cars, and will advance at a CAGR of 12.5% during 2019-2027. However, the success of the technology in commercial cars hinges on the pricing strategy of market players.
To get a bird’s eye view of Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) Market’s forecasts, ask for a Custom Report
Authors of the report have a propitious stance on the future growth trajectory of the advanced driver assistance system market. Though ADAS technology has enormous potential to bring in an epochal scale of change in the automotive industry, stringent quality standards requiring frequent refinements is leading to their low penetration, and the ones that do are implemented in luxury vehicles. Besides, the unattractive price tags of ADAS make it a withstanding challenge for carmakers to incorporate in economic car models, which can be tackled by taking a collaborative approach to leveraging the best of the manufacturing abilities.
Since ADAS applications are at an infant phase in today’s lot of vehicles, market players are realizing the potential of R&D activities to seek better consolidation opportunities in the autonomous vehicles of tomorrow. For instance, Continental announced the inauguration of Deep Machine Learning Center in Budapest, Romania, for the development of high performance driver assistance systems. That being said, ADAS manufacturers can focus on improving their camera-based solutions for detecting obstacles during poor or low visibility, to catch up with the impressive pace in the market.
Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) Market - Key Insights
- The global advanced driver assistance system market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~13% between 2019 and 2027.
- The adaptive front lights segment is expected to hold a prominent share of the market during the forecast period. The adaptive front lights segment is projected to hold ~26% share of the ADAS market by 2027.
- The passenger vehicles segment is anticipated to augment at a considerable growth rate in the near future.
- Advanced driver assistance systems are anticipated to be incorporated in a majority of vehicles in the near future, owing to stringent safety norms and policies enacted by respective regulatory bodies across the globe in order to curtail road fatalities and offer ease of driving.
Drivers of ADAS Market
Advanced driver assistance systems in automotive are designed and developed to curtail the number of road fatalities and improve the safety of both, the vehicle and driver, which is projected to be a key factor that is likely to drive the ADAS market.
- An ADAS constitutes numerous advanced safety technologies, which have proven its worth in vehicles through its assistance to vehicle drivers. Moreover, studies conducted on ADAS performance have fueled its adoption.
- Globally, governments and automotive regulatory bodies in developed countries such as the U.S., Germany, the U.K., Japan, and France are legalizing and implementing policy framework to mandate the integration of advanced driver assistance systems in vehicles.
- Consumer preference is rapidly shifting toward enhanced safety in mobility, especially for long-route journeys that cause strain on the driver and result in road accidents. Automotive advanced driver assistance systems prevent distraction and reduce the strain on the driver by assisting the driver while driving, through their dynamic and sophisticated features.
- Advanced driver assistance systems are expected to lessen traffic congestion by detecting road blocks and conceiving detours accordingly. Furthermore, advanced driver assistance systems in automotive monitor the vehicle’s operation and driver’s misjudgment while driving.
- In 2019, the European Union announced its new revised General Safety Regulation, which includes new ADAS safety technologies to reduce the number of road accidents caused majorly due to human error. These new advanced safety features are expected to curb, not only road fatalities, but are also likely to pave the path toward progressively connected and automated mobility.
- Consumers across the globe are focusing more on safe and comfortable driving, which has been possible due to the advent of ADAS in automotive.
Challenges for ADAS Market
- Testing and commercialization of advanced driver assistance systems in automotive are still not legalized in several countries around the world. Moreover, ambiguous laws and regulations associated with their application in personal and commercial vehicles are anticipated to restrain the advanced driver assistance system market.
- Higher cost of sophisticated components coupled with higher maintenance cost in conjunction with hacking possibilities are projected to hamper the rate of adoption of advanced driver assistance systems in the near future.
ADAS Market: Segment Analysis
- The global advanced driver assistance system market has been segmented based on technology, component, vehicle, and region.
- Based on technology, the adaptive front lights segment leads the global advanced driver assistance system market. This is primarily due to their ability to aid the driver of a vehicle by automatically switching on low and high beams with varying vehicle speed, which offers improved visibility even in the dark. This ADAS technology enables automotive headlights to rotate and swivel in order to enhance illumination of the road through corners and further improve visibility in low light conditions. Moreover, adaptive front lights change the lighting pattern in order to compensate for road curvature, thereby enhancing night visibility.
- In terms of component, the ultrasonic sensors segment accounted for a noteworthy share of the global advanced driver assistance system market in 2018. Ultrasonic sensors are cost-effective components of ADAS as compared to other components. Ultrasonic sensors are obstacle-detecting components that utilize ultrasonic waves to measure the distance between vehicles and detect objects and pedestrians in the vehicle’s surroundings. Ultrasonic sensors transmit waves and measure the time taken by the waves to return and analyze the distance between vehicles and objects, thereby aiding in maneuvering the vehicle.
- Based on vehicle, the global ADAS market has been split into passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles. The passenger vehicles segment dominates the global advanced driver assistance system market, primarily due to a surge in the adoption of safety features in personal vehicles. Moreover, various governments across the globe are enacting stringent regulations in order to reduce the number of road accidents and ensure public safety.
Global ADAS Market: Regional Analysis
- In terms of region, Asia Pacific is projected to account for a prominent share of the global ADAS market by 2027. Higher production of vehicles in conjunction with surge in the exports of automotive are key factors anticipated to propel the demand for advanced safety features in the region.
- Moreover, the presence of key automakers and OEMs in China, Japan, India, and South Korea, supplemented with the availability of components, land, and inexpensive labor, are driving the ADAS market in Asia Pacific.
Global ADAS Market: Competitive Landscape
Key players operating in the global advanced driver assistance system market include -
- Continental AG
- Magna International Inc.
- Infineon Technology AG
- NXP Semiconductors
- Siemens AG
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Autoliv Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
- Ficosa Internacional SA
- Gentex Corporation
- HARMAN International
- AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd.
- HYUNDAI MOBIS
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- HELLA KGaA Hueck & Co.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Visteon Corporation
Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) Market - Scope of the Study
[430 Pages Report] Transparency Market Research (TMR) carried out a comprehensive analysis pertaining to the growth potential of the advanced driver assistance system (ADAS) market in its recently published research report for the forecast period of 2019-2027. The research report includes some rare and distinguished insights for stakeholders to safeguard their position and consolidate their share in the advanced driver assistance system market.
This comprehensive research report is aimed at offering crucial insights apropos of the growth of the advanced driver assistance system market, and provides significant information related to the growth opportunities for market players in the ADAS market space. With the aid of the insights mentioned in this comprehensive research report, stakeholders of the advanced driver assistance system market will be able to gain a broad outlook on the growth trajectory, which can aid them in making well-informed strategies for their business growth.
This exclusive business study assesses and includes Porter’s Five Forces, with an underlying aim to offer information regarding the key growth strategies available in the ADAS market during the forecast period. The comprehensive guide offers crucial insights related to the competition present in the advanced driver assistance system market by identifying key competitors. The exclusive research report, in turn, provides crucial information about key drivers, strategies, financials, and notable developments in the advanced driver assistance system market during the forecast period of 2019-2027. The advanced driver assistance system market assessment has been carried out in terms of value (US$ Mn).
Key players operating in the ADAS market include Continental AG, Magna International Inc., Infineon Technology AG, NXP Semiconductors, Siemens AG, DENSO CORPORATION, Delphi, Autoliv Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Ficosa Internacional SA, Gentex Corporation, HARMAN International, AISIN SEIKI Co., Ltd., Valeo, HYUNDAI MOBIS, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, HELLA KGaA Hueck & Co., Texas Instruments Inc., Mobileye, and Visteon Corporation.
ADAS Market - Key Questions Answered
- What are the recent developments and key market shifts expected to be witnessed in the advanced driver assistance system market during the forecast period?
- What are the key winning imperatives for leading and prominent players operating in the advanced driver assistance system market?
- What are the key trends propelling the growth of the ADAS market?
- Which end user will exert a strong influence on the advanced driver assistance system market?
ADAS Market - Research Methodology
In order to compile the research report, we conducted in-depth interviews and discussions with a number of key industry participants and opinion leaders. With the help of primary research, interviews were conducted with key industry heads, market players, and opinion leaders. In addition, a review of key players’ product literature, revenue share for their business segments, their annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents was done to gain an incisive understanding of the advanced driver assistance system market. With the help of secondary research, various reliable Internet sources, and statistical data from government websites, trade associations, and agencies, key insights were derived.
ADAS Market - Segmentation
In order to study the advanced driver assistance system market, authors of the report have segmented the landscape into technology, component, vehicle, and region.
Adaptive Cruise Control
Lane Keep Assist & Lane Departure Warning
Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
Blind Spot Detection
Adaptive Front Light Systems
Night Vision Systems
Park Assist Systems
Automatic Emergency Braking
Forward Collision Systems
Pedestrian Detection Systems
Road Sign Recognition
Traffic Jam Assist
Driver Monitoring Systems/Drowsiness Monitor Systems
Middle East & Africa