SMT Equipment Market
SMT Equipment Market (Equipment Type: Inspection Equipment, Placement Equipment, Soldering Equipment, Screen Printing Equipment, Cleaning Equipment, and Others; Component: Passive Surface-mount Devices, Transistor & Diodes, and Integrated Circuits; and Application: Consumer Electronics, Telecommunication, Aerospace & Defense, Automotive, Medical, Industrial, and Energy & Power Systems) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Software Technologies Leverage SMT Lines in Rapid Decision Making during Coronavirus Crisis
Manufacturers are facing unprecedented challenges amidst the ongoing coronavirus crisis. However, they also have unique opportunities to emerge stronger and resilient. For instance, Arch Systems— a specialist in advanced data analytics and predictive tools, is leveraging the functionality of SMT (Surface Mount Technology) lines with the help of remote software platforms. The COVID-19 crisis has led to increased adoption of SMT lines with smart machines. This has resulted in economic recovery in the global SMT equipment market.
Software and semiconductor companies have joined forces to fight the COVID-19 outbreak. Remote manufacturing of medical devices, ventilators, and other critical equipment is a fast growing phenomenon in the SMT equipment market. Manufacturers handling SMT lines are gravitating toward software technologies to acquire insights from global KPI (Key Performance Indicators) dashboards.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the SMT Equipment Market
SMT Parts versus PTH Parts: Which is Better?
The SMT equipment market is estimated to expand at a modest CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period. This is evident since any technology has certain limitations. Even though most printed circuit boards will benefit from being designed with SMT components, PTH (Plated-Through Holes) parts are emerging as a better option in specific applications. For instance, it has been found that even the most trained and skilled technicians find it easier to work with PTH parts compared to SMT parts. Hence, companies in the SMT equipment market, such as Valley Services Electronics (VSE)— a provider of PCB and electronics manufacturing & design services, is educating clients about crucial parameters such as use, power, performance, price, and assembly to make the right choice between SMT and PTH parts.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Relaxation of Complex Indian Taxation Policies Help Electronics Sector Reach Full Potential
The SMT equipment market is slated to surpass the valuation of US$ 9.8 Bn by the end of 2030. Manufacturers are unlocking growth opportunities in India’s booming electronics sector. As the Indian Government is laying the foundation to attract global MNCs (Multinational Corporations), there is an urgent demand to leverage the SMT segment. Companies in the India and global SMT equipment market are capitalizing on this opportunity to introduce robust technologies to help Indian electronics manufacturing reach its full potential. As such, the Indian Government is working on several export oriented policies that will further reduce the complex taxation policies within the nation.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on SMT Equipment Market
Trailblazing Innovations in PCB Assembly for Modern Medical Devices Drive Market
Innovations in the PCB assembly for modern medical equipment are experiencing a paradigm shift due to the ever-growing needs of consumers in the SMT equipment market. Robust PCB assemblies are being used to develop functional medical equipment. Rapid modernization in technology is replacing traditional monitoring systems with tablets, smartphones, iPads, and software to ensure better recording. Prominent applications of medical PCBs involve the development of pacemakers, MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), and body temperature monitoring devices.
Manufacturers in the Canada SMT equipment market are using prototype PCB assembly techniques to develop future ready medical equipment. This has led to advancements in making implantable devices, glucose monitors, and ultrasound devices.
Smart Factories Improving Bottom Lines for Stakeholders in Automotive Sector
The concept of smart manufacturing is growing popular in the SMT equipment market. The proliferation of automation and robotics in every possible end market is creating business opportunities for semiconductor companies in the SMT equipment market. This is being achieved with increased availability of SMT equipment in smart manufacturing sectors, which are making factories more smart and intelligent. Smart factories are improving bottom lines for stakeholders in the consumer electronics, telecommunication, and automotive sectors.
The broad sector of industrial manufacturing is accommodating key revenue generating sectors such as textile, automotive, and chemicals. This has made SMT equipment and PCBs as an indispensable part of industrial manufacturing applications in order to increase the availability of latest and hybrid smart integrated manufacturing technologies.
The reopening of electronics and automotive industries in China is predicted to replenish growth in the global SMT equipment market after the COVD-19 pandemic. Next-gen innovations in PCB assemblies for modern medical devices such as pressure monitors, infusion fluid control devices, and CT (Computed Tomography) scanning devices are creating stable revenue streams for manufacturers and suppliers. Although SMT parts give better signal performance, technicians and designers are opting for PTH parts in high power applications. Hence, semiconductor companies should educate clients about several parameters such as power, performance, and potential rework associated with SMT and PTH parts to better design devices.
SMT Equipment Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global SMT equipment market for the historical period 2017–2018 and the forecast period 2020–2030, low maintenance design offering longer service life, rise in demand for PCBs in the consumer electronics sector, and demand from medical and defense fields are factors expected to boost the global SMT equipment market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global SMT equipment market is estimated to surpass the value of US$ 9.8 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period
Low Maintenance Design Offers Longer Service Life: A Key Driver
- Growing usage of flex circuit in wearable electronics across various sectors, especially in smartphone and smart card industries, is the primary factor predicted to foster demand and innovation in the surface mount technology (SMT) market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030
- Flex circuit is also increasingly being used across various automotive, medical, and telecommunication end-use industries, as it offers better form factor, along with being a replacement to traditional wire harnesses, improves signal quality, reduces wiring errors, and offers improved electrical performance of electronic components
- In addition, the current trend of miniaturization of devices with superior performance and lower cost of configuration is also anticipated to boost the demand for flex printed circuit. Various electronics manufacturing companies in different regions, especially in India, China, and Indonesia, among others, are witnessing significant growth due to rise spending on technologically advanced SMT equipment.
- The Asia Pacific region comprises major emerging markets in SMT equipment. China, India, Taiwan, and Japan are leading contributors to the market in the region. Considering these factors, demand for SMT equipment is expected to become high during the forecast period. This driver is anticipated to have a high impact on the global SMT equipment market during the forecast period.
Rise in Price-based Competition Hindering Growth of SMT Equipment Market
- The surface mount technology equipment market witnesses intense price-based competition. Local players in developing countries are penetrating the markets in developed countries by providing affordable and efficient SMT equipment.
- As a result, international players are reducing the price of their SMT equipment products in order to sustain in the global surface mount technology equipment market
- The bottom line growth of companies is expected to stagnate in the near future, due to such intensive price-based competition despite continuing top line growth at an individual level. This, in turn, is expected to negatively influence the expansion of the SMT equipment market globally.
SMT Equipment Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of SMT equipment have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global SMT equipment market are
- Cyberoptics Corporation
- Nordson Corporation
- ASM Assembly Systems GmbH & Co.KG
- Mycronic AB
- Viscom AG
- Fuji Machine Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
- Juki Corporation
- Orbotech Ltd.
SMT Equipment Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of SMT equipment, such as Fuji Machine Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation, Juki Corporation, and Orbotech Ltd. are focusing on the construction of cost-effective SMT equipment to attract more customers and launch various products
- Some other key developments in the global SMT equipment market are highlighted below:
- In January 2019, Mycronic AB launched a smart MYPro Line assembly solution that has the ability to achieve more flexible and profitable electronics production with a complete SMT assembly line solution designed for smart factory connectivity
- In December 2016, Juki Corporation launched a new high-speed Smart Modular Mounter, model RS-1, and expanded its SMT equipment product line. This newly invented RS-1 was available worldwide from January 2017.
- In the global SMT equipment market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of SMT equipment systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global SMT equipment market.
SMT Equipment Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global SMT equipment market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global SMT equipment market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global SMT equipment market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2020–2030
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global SMT equipment market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global SMT equipment market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global SMT equipment market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global SMT equipment market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on SMT Equipment Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global SMT equipment market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technology on the global SMT equipment market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of SMT equipment over the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global SMT equipment market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global SMT equipment market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global SMT equipment market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global SMT equipment market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global SMT equipment market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global SMT equipment market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global SMT equipment market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global SMT equipment market more reliable and accurate.
SMT Equipment Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global SMT equipment market divides the market based on equipment type, component, application, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global SMT equipment market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.