Global Self-sampling Blood Collection and Storage Device Market: Introduction
Blood collection kits include all essentials for biological specimen collection, transport, and storage. Collected samples are transported for analysis and testing to various laboratories. These kits are safe for transportation and storage too. Clinical trials conducted for various blood disorders commonly face issues of transportation and availability of participants and their time. This all can be reduced and managed with the help of self-sampling kits. Likewise, in therapeutic drug monitoring, regular testing and clinic visits take their toll on patients, leading to issues with adherence, compliance, and patient experience. The kits prove helpful for patients who are unable to walk and give samples to laboratories or visit any hospital due to their health condition.
Key Drivers of Global Self-sampling Blood Collection and Storage Device Market
Rising prevalence of blood disorders
According to Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, large number of people in the U.S. have genes for bleeding and clotting disorders and hemoglobinopathies. About 1.2 million people in the U.S. develop blood clots in veins of the leg. This condition is called deep venous thrombosis (DVT). According to WHO World Health Organization, hemoglobin disorders were originally endemic in 60% of 229 countries, potentially affecting 75% of births; however, they are common in 71% of countries among 89% of births (either in the whole population or among minorities), which prompts policy-makers to consider the most appropriate strategy for treatment and prevention. At least 5.2% of the world population (and over 7% of pregnant women) carry a significant variant. Hemoglobin S accounts for 40% of carriers but causes over 80% of disorders owing to localized very high carrier prevalence: around 85% of sickle-cell disorders, and over 70% of all affected births occur in Africa. Thus, rising blood disorders is expected to drive the market.
Request a Sample to Get Extensive Insights into the Self-sampling Blood Collection and Storage Device Market
Rising prevalence of diabetes
According to WHO, the number of people with diabetes rose from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014. The global prevalence of diabetes among adults over 18 years of age rose from 4.7% in 1980 to 8.5% in 2014. In 2016, an estimated 1.6 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes. Another 2.2 million deaths in 2012 were attributable to high blood glucose. Regular checkup and analysis of blood components and management of insulin can reduce diabetic conditions. Thus, the diagnosis of such diseases is expected to drive the market.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Self-sampling Blood Collection and Storage Device Market
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global self-sampling blood collection and storage device market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years due to an increase in research & development and various government initiatives for the development of novel ideas. Europe is expected to be the second-largest market, globally, during the forecast period.
- The self-sampling blood collection and storage device market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to a rise in investment in research & development by private and government organizations and increase in incidence of uses of nanotechnology.
Key Players Operating in Global Self-sampling Blood Collection and Storage Device Market
The global self-sampling blood collection and storage device market is highly consolidated, owing to the presence of a small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global self-sampling blood collection and storage device market include:
- Neoteryx, LLC.
- Tasso, Inc.
- Atlas Medical Uk
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Global Self-sampling Blood Collection and Storage Device Market: Research Scope
Global Self-sampling Blood Collection and Storage Device Market, by Product Type
- Collection device
- Gauze and bandages
- Specimen bag with desiccant
Global Self-sampling Blood Collection and Storage Device Market, by Application
- Infectious Diseases
- Non-infectious Diseases
Global Self-sampling Blood Collection and Storage Device Market, by End-user
- Home care Settings
- Emergence Settings
Global Self-sampling Blood Collection and Storage Device Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.