Pulmonary Drug Delivery Devices Market
Pulmonary Drug Delivery Devices Market (Product - Dry Powder Inhalers, Metered Dose Inhalers, Nebulizers; Application - Asthma, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis; Distribution Channel - Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, E-commerce) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Growing prevalence of chronic respiratory diseases is one of the key factors anticipated to accelerate demand for pulmonary drug delivery systems (PDDS) in coming years.
As per a report published by the Global Asthma Network (GAN), in 2014, 334 million cases has been diagnosed across the globe. Growing incidence of respiratory diseases has resulted in increase in patient population. This, in turn, has resulted in increase in fuelled demand for pulmonary drug delivery devices. Subsequently, growing demand rate is boosting the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market.
Further, technological advancements in the field is projected to provide lucrative opportunities for expansion of the market.
Meanwhile, drawback of conventional treatment methods such as low efficacy and late onset of action is the key development areas. Research and development activities aiming to develop novel targeted drug delivery devices is likely to provide new growth avenues for widening of the pulmonary drug delivery devices market in coming years.
At the same time, growing number of initiatives undertaken by government bodies and non-government organizations is, further, contributing to the market growth in terms of revenue. For example, CDC’s National Asthma Control Program (NACP) is allotting funds for raising awareness regarding asthma among people as well as the affected patients.
Rising awareness regarding asthma is expected to boost the adoption rate of pulmonary drug delivery devices for treatment of the asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases (COPD). This, in turn, result in growth of the global market.
North America Market is anticipated to lead in the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market in coming years. Prominence of the region is attributed to increasing cases of affected people and growing demand for diagnostic devices.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, ‘increase in the prevalence and incidence of respiratory diseases across globe, increasing population of smokers across countries, rising prescription of the combination therapies, and rising research & development in the asthma & COPD treatment’ are projected to drive the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market.
- According to the report, the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market was valued at US$ 36,159.9 Mn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 2.7% from 2019 to 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Pulmonary Drug Delivery Devices Market
Increase in prevalence and incidence of respiratory diseases: Key Drivers
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is an umbrella term used to describe various progressive lung diseases such as emphysema, chronic bronchitis, refractory asthma, and others. Patients suffering from severe COPD require continuous supply of oxygen. Often symptoms such as increased breathlessness and coughing are ignored as a normal sign of aging; however, these are the early signs of COPD. According to WHO, COPD is the fourth-leading cause of death globally, with approximately 2.75 million deaths per annum. According to the CDC, over 16 million people in the U.S. are living with respiratory disorders, such as lung cancer, COPD, and heart diseases, caused due to smoking. Around 100 million adults are estimated to be suffering from COPD indication, and these statistics are expected to drive the pulmonary drug delivery devices market.
- According to the United Nations, the geriatric population of people above the age of 60 is expected to double by 2050, and triple by 2100, which means that it is projected to rise from 962 million in 2017 to 2.1 billion in 2050 and reach 3.1 billion by 2100. Globally, the geriatric population is increasing at a faster pace than that of the younger age group, the present geriatric population of 962 million is about 13% of the global population and is increasing at a rate of about 3% every year. Furthermore, the number of persons age 80 years or above is estimated to be triple by 2050, an increase from 137 million in 2017 to 425 million by 2050.
- The number of smokers is also increasing globally. The U.S. has seen a decline in the percentage of people smoking; however, there are still 40 million adults who smoke and 20 million will die prematurely unless they quit. Also, exposure to secondhand smoke raises complications for people suffering from asthma and COPD. According to the American Lung Association, exposure to secondhand smoke can cause more than 202,000 asthma flare-ups among children each year.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Low Cost Generic Competition Likely To Hamper Market: Key Restraint
- Patent loss of branded drugs in the pulmo0nary drug delivery devices market provides a platform for the entry of generic drugs. Generics are generally priced lower than their equivalent branded drugs which attract large number of patients in low- and middle-income countries where the prevalence of pulmonary diseases is high as per the data provided by WHO, thus increase in generic drugs in the pulmonary drug delivery devices market will lead to decline in revenues. Moreover, patent loss of drugs such as Advair Diskus (GSK) during the forecast period will hit the market drastically and increase competitive scenario in the generic as well as branded drugs market.
Global Pulmonary drug delivery devices Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global Pulmonary drug delivery devices market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments. The global pulmonary drug delivery devices market is fragmented, with the presence of a number of international, regional players as well as local players. Various players operating in the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market are
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Novartis AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- AstraZeneca plc
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Merck & Co., Inc
- MannKind Corporation,
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Mylan N.V.
- Omron Corporation
- 3M Healthcare
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- PARI GmbH
- Nypro Healthcare Inc. (Jabil Circuit Inc.)
- other prominent players.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Pulmonary drug delivery devices Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market are engaged in geographic expansion through merger & acquisitions, innovation and reimbursement scenarios, research & development, technological advancements, and launch of new products. These strategies of key players are likely to fuel the growth of the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market. A few strong strategies adopted by players operating in the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market are:
- In February 2020, Teva Pharmaceuticals received USFDA approval of its ArmonAir Digihaler Inhalation powder, an inhaled corticosteroid delivered through Digihaler device to the Asthma patients.
- In December 2018, FDA approved Teva pharmaceutical’s ProAir Digihaler device, a digital inhaler which utilizes sensors and mobile app for people suffering from asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- In April 2018, Sunovion Pharmaceuticals launched in Lonhala Magnair drug in the United States for the long term maintenance of the airflow obstruction in the chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients. This is the first nebulized long-acting muscarinic antagonist approved for the treatment of the COPD condition in the United States.
- On October 2016, AstraZeneca entered into an agreement with’ Cilag GmbH International’, an affiliate of Johnson & Johnson, for the divestment of the rights to Rhinocort Aqua (nasal spray indicated for allergic and non-allergic rhinitis) outside the US.
The report on the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of drug delivery systems for managing pulmonary condition. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market.
TMR’s report on the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the Market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, companies’ presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market. Key players operating in the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Pulmonary Drug Delivery Devices Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global pulmonary drug delivery devices Market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of growing disease prevalence on the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market?
- What are the technological advancements for the treatment of the pulmonary drug delivery devices condition?
- Which region continue to be the most profitable market for pulmonary drug delivery devices market?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and Market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the pulmonary drug delivery devices market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serve as a validation from the pulmonary drug delivery devices market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global pulmonary drug delivery devices market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Global Pulmonary Drug Delivery Devices Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Pulmonary Drug Delivery Devices Market - Segmentation
Dry Powder Inhaler
Metered Dose Inhaler
Middle East & Africa