Global E-commerce Market: Overview
The global e-commerce market is slated to expand at a sturdy pace in the years to follow. The trend of online sales is gaining momentum in recent times, and this factor has aided market growth. A juggernaut of possibilities for online sales and purchase have currently come to the fore. Moreover, shopping preferences of the masses have also changed dramatically over the past decade. The consumers have a wider net of choices across the online market, and this has drifted them away from the practice of going to the physical marketplace. In this scenario, e-commerce websites have become the central force for driving sales across online markets. Therefore, it is safe to expect that the global e-commerce market would witness amplified growth in the forthcoming years.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in E-commerce Market, ask for a customized report
The global e-commerce market can be segmented on the basis of hosting platform, end-user, product, and region. The growth of the global e-commerce market is led by North America, majorly due to the humongous export volume of the region. Several consumers goods find their origins in the US market. A large number of people subscribe to e-commerce platforms operating from the US.
Global E-commerce Market: Notable Developments
The global e-commerce market is characterised by timely developments in the domain of operations and logistics.
- Most of the companies and e-commerce vendors prefer to host their products and services on Shopify. Shopify accounted for a little less than three-fourth of the total share in the global e-commerce applications market. Furthermore, the ease of developing an e-commerce platform on Shopify has been the key reason behind the growth of this vendor. The stellar pace of growth pertaining to the e-commerce market can be attributed to the expertise exercised by Shopify.
- SAP has emerged as a key player that has overhauled the operational dynamics of the global e-commerce market. The solutions offered by SAP are recognized across the globe. SAP has helped several e-commerce companies in expediting their processes and achieving sales goals.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Some of the leading vendors in the e-commerce market are:
- Sony store
Global E-commerce Market: Growth Drivers
- Flexible Online Selling Policies
Several companies have embraced the trend of exhibiting their products on e-commerce websites. The volume of sales that has flown in from such websites has persuaded new companies to venture into e-commerce selling. There is tremendous demand for high-quality products on online platforms, and the sellers are making ardent efforts to meet this requirement. Furthermore, flexible online selling policies of big brands have generated tremendous confidence amongst the buyers. These brands offer competitive prices, and easy return options to consumers on the online market. Henceforth, the global e-commerce market endows several opportunities for growth and development.
- Monopolistic Growth of Amazon
Amazon has emerged as one of the largest e-commerce vendors over the past decade. The company has followed a policy of continual expansion of its product portfolio. Furthermore, Amazon is amongst the preferred choices for buying home appliances as well as personal accessories. There is no contention about the emergence of new e-commerce vendors in the years to follow. The aforementioned assertion can be attributed to the stellar possibilities for revenue generation that float across the online market. E-commerce payment gateways have become a necessity for banks and online financial entities. The use of these gateways and authentication nodes has generated a good amount of revenues in the global market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.