Urodynamics Equipment and Disposables Market
Urodynamics Equipment and Disposables Market (Product: Uroflowmetry Equipment, Cystometer, Ambulatory Urodynamic Systems, Electromyographs, Video Urodynamic Systems, and Urodynamics Disposables; and End User: Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, and Ambulatory Surgery Centers) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Low Priority of FFU Procedures During COVID-19 Affects Equipment Demand
Urodynamic testing forms the foundation of investigation pertaining to lower urinary tract dysfunction. However, amidst the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, healthcare providers are adapting to new urodynamics procedures to establish quality control in healthcare settings. This has led to awareness about good urodynamics practice (GUD) guidelines as suggested by the International Continence Society (ICS) to companies in the urodynamics equipment and disposables market. As such, healthcare facilities are under strict observation to prevent the spread of the novel infection as a result of lack of hygiene, sanitization, and disinfection.
The guidelines issued by the United Kingdom Continence Society are also being discussed by manufacturers in the urodynamics equipment and disposables market, as the COVID-19 has affected the delivery of healthcare services. Moreover, female and functional urology (FFU) procedures have been categorized as low priority, which might affect the demand for urodynamics equipment and disposables.
Turnkey Testing Services Fueling Demand for Urodynamics Equipment and Disposables
On-site medical service providers are offering tailored services to hospitals and surgery centers. When hospitals fall short on supplies but have all the staff they need, these service providers offer the necessary equipment and urodynamics disposables to eliminate the hassle of purchasing and maintaining the products. Thus, the availability of turnkey testing services is contributing toward the expansion of the urodynamics equipment and disposables market, which is estimated to reach a value of US$ 386 Mn by the end of 2030.
Turnkey testing services are gaining popularity for their cost-efficient benefits. Service providers in the urodynamics equipment and disposables market are offering the necessary software solutions, which help to systematically compile study reports of patients. Well-documented test results help save a physician’s time and effort.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Urodynamics Equipment and Disposables Market
Lack of Staff with Pediatric Urodynamics Experience Affects Market Growth
The healthcare business is largely dependent on the credibility and trust of doctors and specialists. However, finding trained staff in the field of pediatric urodynamics is often a challenge in the healthcare landscape. Hence, healthcare organizations such as the Brighter Health Network— a provider of on-site medical diagnostics for urodynamics and anorectal manometry testing services, is focused on hiring trained staff to enhance the pediatric urodynamics experience in children. Quality urodynamics equipment and disposables help improve patient outcomes and build credibility of healthcare organizations.
The urodynamics equipment and disposables market is expected to advance at a favorable CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. However, finding trained staff with pediatric urodynamics experience is a challenge, which needs to be addressed to improve the patient quality of life. As a result, healthcare providers are identifying this pain point and hiring trained professionals to gain recognition in the healthcare landscape.
Bluetooth-enabled Uroflowmetry Devices Meet Privacy and Hygiene Requirements of Patients
Innovations in uroflowmetry equipment are bolstering the growth of the urodynamics equipment and disposables market. For instance, Laborie— a provider of patient-centered urology and gastrointestinal diagnostic equipment is gaining increased recognition for its UROCAP IV uroflowmetry system enabled with the Bluetooth technology that accurately measures urinary flow and volume. Manufacturers in the urodynamics equipment and disposables market are increasing their R&D activities to develop portable and wireless uroflowmetry systems that accelerate the procedure of medical diagnosis. Bluetooth technology is facilitating increased patient privacy while voiding.
Battery-powered operation of Bluetooth-enabled uroflowmetry systems bodes well with healthcare professionals, as these devices are eliminating issues of messy power-plugs. Easy portability of uroflowmetry devices are translating into incremental opportunities for equipment manufacturers, since the increasing number of individuals are opting for high-quality patient care. The cutting-edge technology in uroflowmetry equipment involves water-protected and custom-molded frames.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Web-based Software Facilitates Encrypted Access to Urodynamics Data from Any Location
Software solutions are becoming increasingly commonplace in the urodynamics equipment and disposables market. The analysis of data, along with play back tests in uroflowmetry devices has been facilitated with the help of the visitor-based network (VBN) software. Such software solutions are meeting privacy requirements of patients. Companies in the urodynamics equipment and disposables market are increasing the availability for web-based software, which helps healthcare professionals to access urodynamics data and reports from any location. The fully encrypted software solutions are gaining popularity, owing to their advantages of the HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliance.
Companies are offering practitioners a range of designs and Ch lengths & sizes in cystometry catheters as per special clinical needs. Stericom— a specialist in urodynamics, pelvic floor management, and gynecology, is increasing its marketing capabilities for its product portfolio of 2-lumen cystometry catheters made from PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) that eliminate the need for extension sets.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Urodynamics Equipment and Disposables Market
Minimally Invasive Electromyography and Ultrasound Enhance Patient Satisfaction
Companies in the urodynamics equipment and disposables market are increasing efforts to enable minimall invasive urodynamics evaluation. The combination of tests involving electromyography (EMG) is eliminating the need for invasive catheters. Individuals fear the uncomfortable feel of catheters placed in urethra and anus. Hence, manufacturers in the urodynamics equipment and disposables market are increasing awareness about electromyography, which involves adhesive electrode patches placed on the patient’s bottom in order to monitor the sphincter activity during urination.
Electromyography involving adhesive electrode patches is emerging as an alternative to needle electrodes, which are preferred by come practitioners. Complex urological issues such as nighttime wetting and spina bifida-related bladder issues are creating revenue opportunities for equipment manufacturers. Ultrasound is another minimally invasive technique, which helps to determine how much urine remains in the bladder after a patient urinates.
Patients find it safe to reinstate urodynamics during the COVID-19 outbreak but feel the need for official guidance and recommendation. Next-gen software solutions are revolutionizing the urodynamics equipment and disposables market. However, these solutions are associated with high costs during upgradation or integration of a new technology. Hence, companies should continue to make technological improvements in systems so that the expense of upgradation is justified for healthcare facilities.
Moreover, companies should increase awareness about hiring trained staff, which helps to minimize issues of artifacts in urodynamics measurements owing to crying, movement, and distress in pediatric patient care. Minimally invasive procedures involving electromyography and ultrasound are highly preferred for patient comfort.
Urodynamics Equipment and Disposables Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market for the historical period 2018–2019 and forecast period 2020–2030, rising geriatric population is projected to drive the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market was valued at US$ 196.5 Mn in 2019 and is projected to reach US$ 386 Mn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~6% from 2020 to 2030
Rise in Geriatric Population to Boost Demand for Urodynamics Equipment and Disposables: Key Driver
- The geriatric population across the world suffers from a wide range of urinary disorders that are multifactorial in origin, especially urinary incontinence and urinary retention disorders. Thus, concurrent medical diseases and functional impairment urodynamics studies act as valuable tools to investigate conditions in order to cater to the demand for comprehensive assessment of lower urinary tract symptoms.
- Hence, the geriatric population is a vital driver of the urodynamics equipment and disposables market. Geriatric individuals would increase the patient pool in major regions of the world, which, in turn, is estimated to propel the urinary equipment and disposables market at a rapid pace in the near future.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the global geriatric population would reach around 2 billion (22% of the global population) by 2050, which was around 524 million in 2010. Moreover, according to the United Nations, the number of people aged 60 years and above is likely to increase from 841 million in 2013 to over 2 billion by 2050.
- The global geriatric population is estimated to increase at a rapid pace in developed countries such as the U.S., the U.K., and Japan. Brazil, China, Thailand, and South Korea are expected to have a large geriatric population in the shortest span of time in the near future. This increase in the geriatric population is projected to fuel the market, as geriatric individuals are highly prone to various age-related as well as chronic diseases. The need for urodynamics studies among such patients is relatively higher, which leads to increase in demand for advanced urodynamics equipment and disposables globally.
Increase in Demand for Advanced and Safe Urodynamics Equipment to Boost Global Market
- According to the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), a Massachusetts-based not-for-profit organization, over 80% hospital-acquired urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused due to indwelling urethral catheters
- Hence, demand for improved and/or technologically advanced urinary catheters and urodynamic test equipment is considerably high across the world, especially in developed countries such as the U.S. and those in Europe
- Thus, development and commercialization of non-invasive urodynamic equipment are projected to boost the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market
- For instance, in January 2015, Australia-based medical device company Signostics Ltd. obtained the U.S. FDA 510(k) clearance for its handheld ultrasound bladder scanner SignosRT Bladder. The device operates on ultrasound technology; hence, the company expects that by using this device, catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs) could be controlled in healthcare facilities.
Surge in Cases of Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTIs) to Hamper Market
- Presently, hospital-acquired infections are a major concern for healthcare professionals and institutions across the world
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) is a major cause of such infections within a healthcare setting
- Among UTIs, catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs) are the leading cause of these infections
- According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 80% CAUTIs are caused due to catheterizations that use indwelling urethral catheters. This is likely to result in restricted use of these catheters, especially in regions where the occurrence of hospital-acquired infections has been high. Thus, increase in incidence of CAUTIs is likely to restrict the use of urinary catheters in urodynamics studies, which, in turn, is estimated to hamper the market.
Urodynamics Equipment and Disposables Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global urodynamics equipment and disposables market is highly fragmented, with the presence of numerous large and small players
- Major players operating in the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market are
- Albyn Medical S.L.
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Dickinson and Company
- Medtronic plc
- Cooper Surgical, Inc.
- Medical Measurement Systems B.V.
- Verathon, Inc.
- Teleflex, Inc.
- ConvaTec, Inc.
Urodynamics Equipment and Disposables Market: Key Developments
- In January 2014, LABORIE completed the acquisition of Mediwatch plc, a U.K.-based medical device company focused on the development and distribution of gastrointestinal (GI) and urology products. This acquisition is likely to strengthen and enhance the company’s pelvic muscle rehabilitation and GI diagnostics portfolio.
- The report on the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of bilirubin analyzers and meters. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market.
Urodynamics Equipment and Disposables Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market. Key players operating in the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Urodynamics Equipment and Disposables Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of companies in the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for urodynamics equipment and disposables providers?
- Which factors will hamper the growth of the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market and arrive at conclusions on the growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the urodynamics equipment and disposables market as primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from urodynamics equipment and disposables market leaders. Access to extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global urodynamics equipment and disposables market more reliably and accurately.
Urodynamics Equipment and Disposables Market – Segmentation