Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market
Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market (Disease: Uncomplicated UTI and Complicated UTI; Drug Class: Quinolones, Beta-lactams, Macrolides, Aminoglycosides, and Others; Pathogen: E. coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Enterococcus spp, K. pneumonia, S. aureus, and Others; Source of Infection: Hospital-acquired UTI and Community-acquired UTI; Gender: Female and Male; Distribution Channel: Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Antibiotic Stewardship Policies Tackle Growing Incidences of Antibiotic Resistance in cUTI Patients
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is one of the most prevalent health issues in most people. UTI is more common in women as compared to men, as women face health complications such as menopause, pregnancy, and certain side effects of birth control measures. However, on a global level, the urinary tract infection treatment market is challenged, as individuals are hesitant to consult doctors and healthcare providers for appropriate diagnosis.
Ongoing research and development activities in the urinary tract infection treatment market suggest the predictive factors of multidrug-resistant gram-negative bacteria in hospitalized patients suffering from complicated urinary tract infection (cUTI). Stakeholders are using the mixed-effects logistic regression model to study the symptoms in patients. Results show that, the antibiotic resistance for gram-negative bacteria is high in patients suffering from cUTI. Thus, appropriate diagnosis with healthcare providers and active enforcement of antibiotic stewardship policies will reduce the incidences of multi-drug antibiotic abstinence in patients for the treatment for complicated urinary tract infection.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market
Market Players to Increase Awareness about Statutory Usage of Catheters
Patients with renal diseases are more susceptible to the risk of being exposed to urinary tract infection, due to long stays in the hospital, non-sanitized urinary catheters, and manipulations caused during urological treatment. As a result, healthcare providers in the urinary tract infection treatment market need to broaden the monitoring measures for patients, post-hospitalization, to reduce the incidences of urinary tract infection. Market players can create awareness in patients to carefully use urinary catheters and avoid unnecessary catheterization in patients.
On the other hand, healthcare providers are encountering increased incidences of community-acquired urinary tract infection caused by the escherichia coli (E. Coli) pathogen due to antibiotic resistance in patients. Thus, stakeholders in the urinary tract infection treatment market must cater to the growing need for effective antibiotic medication for UTI caused due to the E. Coli pathogen.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Smartphone Apps and Instant Urine Cultures Serve as Cost-effective Remedies in UTI Treatment
Stakeholders in the UTI treatment market are developing new smartphone apps designed for women. These apps are created by on-boarding several doctors and pharmacies. With the growing influx of digitization in the healthcare industry, stakeholders can eliminate the issue of long-queue appointments with general practitioners for individuals. With effective diagnosis from doctors through the app, doctors can prescribe the right medication for the treatment of urinary tract infection, and pharmacists can supply home-testing kits and other medicinal antibiotics on demand. This digitization phenomena has created a win-win situation for stakeholders and healthcare providers, as well as pharmacists.
One of the biggest challenges that stakeholders operating in the urinary tract infection treatment market are facing is the antibiotic resistance for the treatment of urinary tract infection, even in healthy individuals with strong immune systems. As such, they are tackling the issue of antibiotic resistance with high-end antibiotics. Players operating in the urinary tract infection treatment market are also developing cost-effective solutions such as instant urine cultures to assess the resistance levels of individuals for antibiotics. For instance, in November 2018, Allergan — a leading pharmaceutical company, announced the launch of the FDA accepted supplemental drug ? AVYCAZ, for the treatment of complicated urinary tract infections (cUTI) and complicated intra-abdominal infections, for patients between the age group of 3 months to 18 years.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Analysts’ Viewpoint on the UTI Treatment Market
Analysts of the urinary tract infection treatment market portray a promising future for stakeholders during the forecast period of 2019-2027. Market players need to focus on innovating treatment options for urinary tract infection catering to complicated urinary tract infection, as currently cUTI accounts for ~82% of the market value share. Manufacturers in the UTI treatment market can build strategic tie-ups with hospital pharmacists, as they dominate the market value share, amounting to ~47%, though, retail pharmacists will have high growth potential in the coming years. Market players are challenged with high antibiotic resistance in UTI patients. This challenge can be overcome with increased offerings for at-home instant urine culture tests and the development of smartphone apps.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global urinary tract infection treatment market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and forecast period of 2019-2027, rise in the awareness about urinary tract infection among women and increase in the adoption of new diagnostic tests are projected to boost the growth of the global urinary tract infection treatment market.
- According to the report, the global urinary tract infection treatment market was valued at ~US$ 5.9 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~3% from 2019 to 2027.
Rise in Prevalence of Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): A Key Driver
- Urinary tract infection (UTI) is one of the chronic diseases associated with the bladder, urethra, ureter, and kidneys. Over-reliance and high consumption of antibiotics are likely to increase antibiotic resistance in most UTI causing pathogens. This is projected to increase the prevalence of UTI in the near future.
- According to the Pharmacotherapy Self-Assessment Program: Hematology/Oncology, in the U.S., around 60% women have symptomatic UTI during their lifetime, and around 10% women have one or more than one UTI episodes each year.
- According to the National Institute for Health Research, an estimated 92 million people contracted urinary tract infection across the globe in 2013.
- Most urinary tract infections are caused due to the presence of E. coli. According to a study published in the International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research, approximately 37.4% of UTIs were caused due to E. coli during 2016–2017.
Development of New Antibiotics and Advancements in Diagnosis of UTI
- Key market players in the urinary tract infection treatment market focus on the development of new antibiotics for the treatment of urinary tract infections. In July 2019, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the antibacterial drug – Recarbrio - for the treatment of complicated UTI and complicated intra-abdominal infection in adults.
- In June 2018, Achaogen, Inc. received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for ZEMDRI, for the treatment of complicated urinary tract infection in adults.
- Biosensor is an advanced platform for the diagnosis of urinary tract infection. Biosensors can be integrated with microfluidic technology for point-of-care applications to improve UTI diagnosis.
- New assays such as flow cytometry, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, fluorescence in situ hybridization, and multiplex PCR also help improve the diagnosis of urinary tract infections.
Introduction of Generic Drugs Restrains Market
- The launch of new generic products in the market is a major factor hampering the growth of the global urinary tract infection treatment market.
- In June 2018, Aurobindo Pharma received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for the manufacturing and marketing of the generic Entrapenem injection. It is a generic version of Invanz offered by Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
- In July 2018, Lupin received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for generic Nitrofurantoin Capsules. It is a generic version of Macrodantin offered by Alvogen Malta Operations Ltd. It is used in the treatment of UTI that occurs due to Staphylococcus aureus, enterococci, and others.
Global Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global urinary tract infection treatment market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments.
- The urinary tract infection treatment market is moderately fragmented, with the presence of a few large-scale players present in international markets and numerous small-scale players in regional markets. The top 4 to 5 players hold a majority share of the global urinary tract infection treatment market.
Prominent players operating in the urinary tract infection treatment market include
- Bayer AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Janssen Global Services, LLC
- Lupin Ltd.
- Merck & Co., Inc
- (Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp)
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Almirall, S.A
Global Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global urinary tract infection treatment market engage in new product development and approvals, key mergers & acquisitions, and collaborations. These strategies by industry players are likely to augment the global urinary tract infection treatment market. Some developments in the global urinary tract infection treatment market are as follows:
- In March 2019, Allergan received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval for the supplemental New Drug Application for AVYCAZ to expand the label to include pediatric patients three months and older, for the treatment of complicated urinary tract infection (cUTI) and complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI). This is the first FDA approval for cUTI and cIAI for pediatric patients.
- In August 2016, Pfizer, Inc. entered into an agreement with AstraZeneca to acquire the development and commercialization rights to its anti-infectives business. This acquisition enabled the company to expand and broaden its access to the anti-infective product portfolio. Moreover, the acquisition strengthened Pfizer, Inc.’s essential health business segment.
- In October 2016, Fimbrion Therapeutics, Inc. and GlaxoSmithKline plc entered into a collaboration to develop a small molecule drug for the treatment and prevention of urinary tract infection.
In the global urinary tract infection treatment market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of the manufacturers of urinary tract infection products. The ‘Competitive Landscape’ section is included in the market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of the key players operating in the global urinary tract infection treatment market.
Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market - Scope of the Study
Transparency Market Research (TMR), in its recently published report, determines the key growth opportunities present in the urinary tract infection treatment market for the forecast period of 2019-2027. The comprehensive study traces the significant trends and recent developments encircling the urinary tract infection treatment landscape. In addition to this, it offers actionable insights into the urinary tract infection treatment market by offering a detailed assessment of the key drivers, restraints, threats, and opportunities.
This detailed study provides an analysis of the demand and supply chain, which offers a brief outlook on the balance of the demand-supply chain in the urinary tract infection treatment market. This comprehensive guide discusses the macroeconomic as well as microeconomic parameters that help in understanding the upward growth trajectory of the urinary tract infection treatment market during the forecast period.
The urinary tract infection treatment market size has been evaluated in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (‘000 Units). The information included in this exhaustive research report can aid market players of the urinary tract infection treatment market in determining profitable growth prospects for their business advancement.
Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market - Key Questions Answered
What are the macroeconomic factors that are impeding the growth of the urinary tract infection treatment market?
- What is the prevalence of diseases in the urinary tract infection treatment landscape?
- How will the urinary tract infection treatment market evolve during the forecast period?
- What are the important distribution channels that gauge the potential growth in the urinary tract infection treatment market?
- What are the key challenges deterring the growth of the urinary tract infection treatment market?
Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market - Research Methodology
Transparency Market Research (TMR) follows a robust approach to derive significant insights into the urinary tract infection treatment market. An in-depth study of the growth opportunities for both, market players and stakeholders, was conducted and evaluated in tandem with the market size of urinary tract infection treatment. Crucial segments of the urinary tract infection treatment market are identified, and their market share is taken into consideration to evaluate the size of the urinary tract infection treatment market during the forecast period. In addition to this, the urinary tract infection treatment market segmentation is used as data points, and key insights from primary respondents and opinion leaders of the urinary tract infection treatment market are taken into consideration to estimate the volume and value. Secondary research includes the study of trade journals, press releases, company annual reports, paid resources, and other publications, to obtain distinguished insights.
Urinary Tract Infection Treatment Market - Segmentation
The comprehensive study on the urinary tract infection treatment market provides a comprehensive analysis of the market attractiveness by offering insights into the key segments. The urinary tract infection treatment market has been segregated on the basis of disease, drug class, pathogen, source of infection, gender, distribution channel, and region. The global study highlights a country-wise analysis to lend incisive insights about the healthcare innovations of urinary tract infection treatments.
Each of the segments included in this report help in gaining crucial insights into the urinary tract infection treatment market. The study on the urinary tract infection treatment market offers historical, current, and futuristic trends influencing its growth. In addition to this, it covers value chain analysis, Y-o-Y growth analysis, and supply chain analysis.
Source of Infection
Middle East & Africa