E. Coli Testing Market
E. Coli Testing Market (Testing Method - Environmental Testing Method (Membrane Filtration (MF), Multiple Tube Fermentation (MTF), and Enzyme Substrate Methods) and Clinical Testing Method (Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Tests and Enzyme Immunoassays (EIA)); End User - Environmental Testing (Home and Drinking Water Suppliers, Bottled Water Suppliers, Waste Water Treatment Organizations, Government Agencies, Private Well Owners, Ground Water Testing, and Farm Water Testing) and Clinical Testing (Hospital, Diagnostic Laboratories, and Physician Offices)) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, & Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global E.coli testing market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, High morbidity and rapid spread of E. coli augment the market growth and Increase in initiatives by government and nongovernment organizations to create awareness are projected to drive the global E.coli testing market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global E.coli testing market was valued at US$ 1380.0 Mn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on E.coli testing market
High morbidity and rapid spread of E. coli augment the market growth: Key Drivers
- Water and foodborne diseases are on the rise globally, especially in underdeveloped and developing nations. E. coli has been identified as one of the major causative organisms of water and foodborne diseases.
- Prevalence of diarrhea and hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) is increasing rapidly across the world. These are mostly caused by E. coli infections.
- In addition, epidemic of E. coli infections in Germany during 2011 had spread to various parts of the world (more than 10 countries), including the U.S., the U.K., Spain, and France. Moreover, countries in the WHO European region have reported significant number of infections caused due to verocytotoxin-producing E. coli O104:H4 strains.
- Various environmental as well as clinical samples are tested regularly to identify E. coli contamination and take preventive measures, especially during epidemics, in order to stop the spread of infections. Therefore, rapid increase of water and foodborne E. coli diseases has boosted the demand for E. coli testing globally.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Increase in initiatives by government and nongovernment organizations to create awareness Boost Market Growth
- Increase in regulatory requirements on water and food intended for human use has significantly boosted the demand for E. coli testing. In 2009, the U.S. FDA implemented a policy wherein bottled water vendors must test their source water for potential contaminants such as E. coli.
- As per the policy of the federal agency, bottled water manufacturers are required to maintain consistent records for source water testing. Any source tested positive for E. coli must be treated appropriately before its use in the manufacture of the final product.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
High cost of enzyme-substrate test as compared to separate apparatus to Hamper Market
- Enzyme-substrate test or presence/absence (P/A) test kit is a key product driving the global E. coli testing market
- Although the test kit costs between an average of US$ 3 and US$ 6 per test, the price is still higher as compared to the cost per test conducted using individual apparatus
- Membrane filtration test is a highly preferred test, especially in low- and middle-income countries as this test delivers most accurate results and is more cost effective as compared to ready-to-use P/A test kits. Currently, more than 40% of the total environmental E. coli tests performed in Asia Pacific and Latin America use test kits.
- Hence, high cost is a potential factor, limiting the uptake of these test kits in developing regions
Global E.coli testing market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global E.coli testing market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global E.coli testing market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global E.coli testing market are
- IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.,
- Meridian Bioscience, Inc.,
- Dickinson and Company,
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.,
- CPI International, Inc.,
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.,
- Pro-Lab Diagnostics, Inc.,
- Alere Inc.,
- BioMerieux Inc.,
- NanoLogix, Inc. and other
- prominent companies.
Global E.coli testing market: Key Developments
Key players in the global E.coli testing market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global E.coli testing market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global E.coli testing market are:
- IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. adheres business expansion strategy to withstand the global competition. In 2014, IDEXX completed US$ 35 Mn expansion of world campus to accommodate hundreds of new jobs. The company developed The Synergy Center which is designed to improve employee collaboration through the use of a dynamic, open layout, flexible workspaces, and it’s the latest in connective technology to foster the cross-pollination of ideas.
- In January 2016, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. acquired Affymetrix, Inc., a North America-based provider of cellular & genetic analysis products. This acquisition is likely to expand the company’s existing portfolio with various applications.
- Pro-Lab Diagnostics, Inc. offers a comprehensive product portfolio in microbiology testing. The company is registered with both the Therapeutic Products Directorate (TPD) of Health Canada, as well as with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Compliance with these major health authorities has increased the credibility of the company products.
- BioMerieux, a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics, continues with a policy of new technology adoption. The company exploited applied phage protein technology to build various pathogen testing application.
The report on the global E.coli testing market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of E.coli testing. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global E.coli testing market.
TMR’s report on the Global E. coli Testing Market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the Global E. coli Testing Market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the Global E. coli Testing Market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global E. coli testing market .
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a Clinical Testing Methods of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global E. coli testing market .
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global E. coli testing market . These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global E. coli testing market .
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global E. coli testing market . Key players operating in the Global E. coli Testing Market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the Global E. coli Testing Market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global E. coli Testing Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global E. coli testing market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the Global E. coli Testing Market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global E. coli testing market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for E. coli testing providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the Global E. coli Testing Market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global E. coli testing market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the Global E. coli Testing Market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a Clinical Testing Methods of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the Global E. coli Testing Market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the E. coli testing market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the E. coli testing market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the Global E. coli Testing Market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the Global E. coli Testing Market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of E. coli testing Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global E. coli Testing Market - Segmentation