Surface Haptic Technology Market
Surface Haptic Technology Market (Component: Hardware and Software; and End-use Industry: Consumer Electronics, Retail, Automotive, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Power of Touch Defies Sight and Sound in Devices to Build Long-term Brand Affinity
Companies in the surface haptic technology market are tapping opportunities in retail and other domains, apart from consumer electronics and automobiles to expand their product portfolio. For instance, in June 2019, leading manufacturer of touchscreen monitors and displays Mimo Monitors, announced its collaboration with Tanvas, pioneers in surface haptics to launch the Mimo Vue with TanvasTouch at the InfoComm 2019 trade show.
Companies in the surface haptic technology market are integrating touchscreens with innovative surface haptics to develop programmable textures and feelings on flat and physical surfaces. Such displays are acquiring prominence in retail, digital signage, and conference rooms, among others. As such, the retail end-use industry segment of the surface haptic technology market is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period.
Manufacturers in the market for surface haptic technology are becoming aware that apart from sight and sound, the power of touch has promising opportunities for cultivating connection and creating immersion to build long-term brand affinity.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Surface Haptic Technology Market
Computer-aided Design Software Enhances Driver Safety in Luxury Cars
Surface haptic technology is helping companies to enrich the relationship of humans with machines by adding a sense of touch. Likewise, companies in the market for surface haptic technology are leveraging opportunities in the automotive landscape to expand their business horizons. As such, the automotive end-use industry segment is estimated for significant growth during the forecast period and is projected to account for a share of ~36% of the surface haptic technology market by 2027. Hence, R&D companies are using computer-aided design (CAD) software to improve haptic technology and enhance driver safety.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Leading R&D companies are investing in CAD software to develop patented haptic processing units (HPUs). For instance, leading Paris-based R&D company Actronika uses Onshape-a computer-aided design software system, to connect HPUs with tiny vibrotactile motors and actuators to deploy high definition sensations. Companies in the surface haptic technology market are tapping opportunities in touch-sensitive technology for cars. For instance, popular luxury car Porsche Panamera is integrated with the haptic technology for its dashboard.
Next-gen Innovations in Consumer Electronics Create Stable Revenue Streams
The ever-increasing consumer electronics industry is undergoing a change with surface haptic technology. As such, consumer electronics end-use industry segment of the surface haptic technology market is estimated grow at a significant rate during the forecast period. Hence, manufacturers are focusing on smartphones, since the domain of consumer electronics is anticipated for aggressive growth during the forecast period.
Moreover, introduction of new mobile phone technologies, with the help of surface haptic technology, is expected to fuel innovation in the global market landscape. For instance, Hap2U, a haptic technology company in France, announced that the company has received the Innovation Awards Honoree ahead of the 2020 Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
Companies in the surface haptic technology market are participating in trade shows to strategically position their company on the global level. Thus, startups and emerging players should take insights from leading companies, since several consumer electronics companies showcase their next-gen innovations through trade shows.
Proliferation of Digital Environments in Electronic Devices Result in Innovative Materials
The surface haptic technology market is continuously growing with the presence of well-established players commanding a larger market share. Thus, emerging players are increasing efforts to innovate in material technologies for various haptics.
Both leading and emerging players are increasing R&D to understand the characteristics of biological touch sensors in electronic display of video monitors and loudspeakers. However, certain pitfalls in haptic engineering, such as difficulty in understanding general purpose tactile displays in consumer electronics, pose as a challenge for companies in the market for surface haptic technology. Hence, companies are gaining expertise in new material technologies such as organic electronic materials and carbon nanomaterials to enhance the general purpose tactile displays in consumer electronics.
Increasing integration of physical and digital environments acts as one of the major drivers for the surface haptic technology market. Growing uptake of smartphones and proliferation of augmented reality displays has fueled market growth. Companies are streamlining their production capabilities to experiment with techniques of chemically synthesizing and doping new materials to fine-tune touch-sensitive properties of electronic devices.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Surface Haptic Technology Market
The surface haptic technology market is projected to grow at a significant CAGR of ~18% during the forecast period. Companies are gaining success at winning consumers by integrating haptic technology with mobile apps to cater to user convenience.
Integration of physical and digital environments has triggered the proliferation of new technologies in smartphones, high definition televisions, and virtual reality displays. However, innovations in IT for sense of touch has not been entirely achieved by companies. Hence, manufacturers should increase R&D in new methods of design and fabrication of tactile displays that match the capabilities of biological sensing.
Surface Haptic Technology Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global surface haptic technology market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2019–2027, increasing use of the surface haptic technology in the automotive industry to enhance driver safety and its high adoption across a large number of consumer electronics products, such as smartphones and smart TVs, are likely to augment the demand for this technology from 2019 to 2027
- In terms of revenue, the global surface haptic technology market is estimated to reach value of ~US$ 28 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~18% during the forecast period
Rising Adoption in Consumer Electronics Industry: A Key Driver
- Surface haptics is creation of programmable haptic effects on physical surfaces such as touchscreens. The surface haptic technology simulates the sense of touch through human touch, vibration, and motion. The technology is widely being used in several consumer electronics devices including smartphones and gaming consoles. This is owing to growing importance of the touchscreen interface across consumer electronics devices.
- Devices enabled with the surface haptic technology make the touchscreen interface more engaging and interactive. Several companies are innovating technologies pertaining to surface haptics for use in consumer electronics devices. For instance, in 2017, Tanvas, a provider of products based on the surface haptic technology, announced to introduce an advanced surface haptic feature called ‘Tanvas Touch,’ which allows the user to feel the fabric texture through the screen.
- Increasing adoption of the surface haptic technology in the consumer electronics industry is projected to drive the global surface haptic technology market during the forecast period
Focus on Surface Haptic Technology for Use in Automotive Applications: A Latest Trend in Market
- Advanced vehicles have various systems integrated in them, such as music systems, GPS (global positioning system), and electronic gadgets. However, controlling these features can sometimes distract the driver, which can cause accident. For avoiding the driver’s distraction, the surface haptic technology uses sense of touch to control electronic devices inside the vehicle. Furthermore, using this technology reduces the driver’s dependence on visual interaction.
- The global automotive industry is expanding, which is driving the global surface haptic technology market, as the technology enhances the vehicle–human machine interface. Furthermore, several players operating in the global surface haptic technology market are partnering with large automotive companies to gain higher market share.
- In 2018, Immersion Corporation entered into an agreement with Robert Bosch Car Multimedia GmbH, an automotive technology company, for incorporating the former’s surface haptic technology into the latter’s automotive solutions
Higher Energy Consumption by Surface Haptic Technology a Major Challenge for Global Market
- The surface haptic technology uses the sense of touch to allow users to interact or communicate with electronic devices. The technology is used in multiple sectors including automotive, consumer electronics, and industrial.
- The technology is widely applied in devices such as tablets, smartphones, ATM machines, and wearables, which use a power source based on a battery system. However, the surface haptic technology drains the battery at a rapid pace by consuming high energy in battery-critical applications.
- Battery drainage due to use of haptics is a major issue that several companies are facing, as haptic actuators and drivers consume a large quantity of energy. However, a few companies including Texas Instruments Incorporated have developed new haptics components that minimize the energy consumption.
- High energy consumption by the surface haptic technology is expected to have low impact on the global surface haptic technology market, as market players are innovating components that minimize the energy consumption
Global Surface Haptic Technology Market: Competition Landscape
- The degree of competition in the global surface haptic technology market is moderate, as well-established as well as emerging players are focusing on strategic collaborations with well-established players for technological innovations
- For instance, in 2018, Continental AG launched a touchscreen at the ‘Consumer Electronics Show–2018,’ which features a 3D surface display. The 3D surface display is meant to enhance the user experience as well as overall safety. Furthermore, on touching, the display provides a haptic feedback that facilitates the driver’s safety, as he/she can operate the display without taking eyes off the road.
Global Surface Haptic Technology Market: Key Developments
- The report includes profiles of well-established players operating in the global surface haptic technology market. These include
- TDK Corporation
- Immersion Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated.
- These players are focused on strategic collaborations.
- For instance, in 2018, Immersion Corporation entered into an agreement with Robert Bosch Car Multimedia GmbH, an automotive technology company, for providing Immersion’s haptic technology to Bosch to be used in the latter’s automotive solutions. This would enhance Bosch’s in-vehicle interfaces, security of related applications, and user experience.
- In the report on the global surface haptic technology market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of the surface haptic technology. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global surface haptic technology market.
Surface Haptic Technology Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global surface haptic technology market was published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges as well as structure of the global surface haptic technology market. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global surface haptic technology market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2019–2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis, supply chain analysis, and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global surface haptic technology market.
Extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global surface haptic technology market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global surface haptic technology market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global surface haptic technology market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Surface Haptic Technology Market
- What would be the trend of Y-o-Y growth of the global surface haptic technology market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of the changing trend in technologies on the global surface haptic technology market?
- Would Asia Pacific continue to remain the most profitable regional market for providers of the surface haptic technology in the near future?
- Which factors would hinder the global surface haptic technology market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global surface haptic technology market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global surface haptic technology market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global surface haptic technology market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global surface haptic technology market, as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global surface haptic technology market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global surface haptic technology market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global surface haptic technology market more reliable and accurate.
Segmentation of Surface Haptic Technology Market
TMR’s study of the global surface haptic technology market segments the market based on component, end-use industry, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global surface haptic technology market have been discussed in detail in the report.
Middle East & Africa