Respiratory Virus Vaccines Market
Respiratory Virus Vaccines Market (Type: Inactivated/Killed Vaccines, Live-attenuated Vaccines, and Recombinant Vaccines; Route of Administration: Intramuscular, Intranasal, and Subcutaneous; Indication: Influenza, Measles, Mumps & Rubella, Coronavirus Disease [COVID-19], and Others; Age Group: Pediatric and Adults; and End User: Physician’s Office, Hospitals, Clinics, and Pharmacies/Stores) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
- 193 Pages
Phase 3 Trails of Sputnik V Vaccine Offer Hope for New COVID-19 Vaccine
Russia has been making strong claims by deeming Sputnik V as the first registered coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine. However, the Union Health Ministry of India has denied Moscow’s claims about collaboration. As such, Russia is in talks to conduct phase 3 trials in different countries including India. The Gamaleya Research Institute and the Russia Defence Ministry are gaining recognition in the global respiratory virus vaccines market since President Putin announced the approval for Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine.
However, the Sputnik V vaccine is under scrutiny since phase 1 clinical trials of the Russian vaccine have not been published in the scientific literature. However, phase 2 trials of Russian vaccine involved several civilians and military volunteers. Thus, researchers and scientists in the Russia respiratory virus vaccines market are focusing on the final stage of testing for Sputnik V vaccine, which will involve the participation of a large number of volunteers.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Respiratory Virus Vaccines Market
Strategic Collaborations Instrumental in Coronavirus Vaccine Experiments
Apart from Russia, the Serum Institute of India is being highly publicized for developing billions of COVID-19 vaccine doses. Chief executive officer Adar Poonawalla is gaining popularity around the world as the vaccine vanguard, since its facilities have the capacity to produce billions of doses per year. Thus, companies in the respiratory virus vaccines market are taking cues from the largest producers of vaccine in the world to brew the raw materials necessary to experiment with coronavirus vaccines. As such, analysts at Transparency Market Research opine that the COVID-19 vaccine will be ready for deployment worldwide at the earliest by 2022.
Companies in the respiratory virus vaccines market are joining forces with leading biotechnology firms to progress in the pre-clinical test phase. Since the Coronavirus strain is similar to the previous SARS virus, it is potentially easier for scientists to advance in the pre-clinical test phases.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Research Funding Helps in Development of Long-lasting Influenza Vaccines
The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) has announced to provide a funding of ~US$ 51 Mn for the Collaborative Influenza Vaccine Innovation Centers (CIVICs) program, in an effort to develop long-lasting influenza vaccines. Thus, research centers in the respiratory virus vaccines market are increasing efforts to set up collaborative research teams that develop more durable and broadly protective influenza vaccines. Constructive efforts by scientists and research centers are bolstering the respiratory virus vaccines market, which is anticipated to advance at a steady CAGR of ~8% during the assessment period.
There is a growing need to effectively fight off influenza on the global level. Hence, pharmaceutical companies are increasing their R&D capabilities to innovate in improved formulations for respiratory virus vaccines.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Respiratory Virus Vaccines Market
Immunization Programs Significantly Reduce Mortality Rates for Measles
The World Health Organization (WHO) claims that immunization has become an important tool for innovation in measles vaccines. With the help of immunization, several million infants are being vaccinated against measles, thus lowering mortality rates worldwide. Companies in the respiratory virus vaccines market are developing promising vaccines that protect the health of individuals from tuberculosis and influenza. They are intensifying their R&D capabilities to develop neutralizing antibodies and therapeutic respiratory virus vaccines that can generate value-grab opportunities for manufacturers.
There is a growing demand for needle-free vaccine administration to suit the needs of adolescents, pregnant women, and other age groups. Moreover, there is a need for robust vaccine storage and supply chains that hold promising potentials to transform immunization programs in the upcoming decade. Thus, timely access to reliable data is found to provide exciting opportunities for companies in the respiratory virus vaccines market.
Large Investments Play Key Role in Validated Efficacy of Mumps Vaccines
A research done by Emory Vaccine Center and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention indicates that immunity against mumps virus appears to be insufficient among a fraction of college-aged individuals who were previously vaccinated in their childhood. Thus, companies in the respiratory virus vaccines market are increasing efforts to better understand the immune response to mumps and mumps vaccines. In the past decade, it has been observed that several mumps outbreaks have occurred among sports teams, college students, and close-knit communities in the U.S. Hence, pharmaceutical companies are focusing on developing effective mumps vaccines to lower the rate of mumps outbreaks.
Lack of strong immune response pertaining to mumps vaccine has emerged as a challenge for companies in the respiratory virus vaccines market. Manufacturers are directing large investment in clinical trials to demonstrate the safety and efficacy of mumps vaccines.
New TB Vaccines Hold Promising Potentials in Preventing Mtb in Individuals
Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Mtb) is responsible for high mortality rates, which is the highest among any single infectious pathogen worldwide. Hence, there is a demand for tuberculosis vaccines, since Bacille Calmette Guerin (BCG) is the only licensed vaccine, which is approaching its centenary. Moreover, the BCG vaccine if found to offer little to no protection against adult-type pulmonary tuberculosis. This has created a scope for companies in the respiratory virus vaccines market who can innovate in new TB vaccines.
Pharmaceutical companies are following the Preferred Product Characteristics (PPC) developed by the WHO to identify target populations who can be promising candidates for steering innovation in TB vaccines. These involve the participation of adults, adolescents, and infants. Companies are focusing on developing new TB vaccines for use in mass campaigns that are efficacious in preventing TB among adults and adolescents.
France’s Pasteur Institute is increasing its R&D activities to use modified measles vaccine to trick the body into producing antibodies that are capable of fighting COVID-19 pathogens. Since seasonal influenza leads to hospitalization of tens of thousands of individuals in the U.S., companies in the respiratory virus vaccines market are tapping into growth opportunities in this domain. However, it is found that the circulating strain has drifted away from the strain that is in the mumps vaccine, which has led to mumps outbreaks among college institutes in the U.S. Hence, companies should invest in clinical trials to generate the desired immune response among individuals.
Respiratory Virus Vaccines Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global respiratory virus vaccines market for the historical year (2018), base year (2019), and the forecast period (2020-2030), increase in incidence of respiratory infections is projected to drive the global respiratory virus vaccines market in the near future
- According to the report, the global respiratory virus vaccines market was valued at US$ 6.4 Bn in 2019. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~8% from 2020 to 2030
- In terms of type, the global respiratory virus vaccines market has been classified into inactivated/killed vaccines, live-attenuated vaccines, and recombinant vaccines. Based on route of administration, the global respiratory virus vaccines market has been categorized into intramuscular, intranasal, and subcutaneous. In terms of indication, the global respiratory virus vaccines market has been classified into influenza, measles, mumps & rubella, coronavirus disease (COVID-19), and others. In terms of age group, the global respiratory virus vaccines market has been divided into pediatric and adults. In terms of end user, the global respiratory virus vaccines market has been classified into physician offices, hospitals, clinics, pharmacies/stores, and others.
Increase in Burden of Respiratory Illnesses to Drive Respiratory Virus Vaccines Market
- Rise in prevalence of respiratory illnesses and demand for newer vaccines for the prevention of respiratory infections, and large number of pharmaceutical companies participating in the race to develop vaccine for the novel coronavirus are major factors projected to boost the respiratory virus vaccines market during the forecast period
- As per the World Health Organization, 290,000 to 650,000 people die globally, every year, due to flu-related illnesses
Government Initiatives to Expand Vaccination Coverage to Propel Respiratory Virus Vaccines Market
- In April 2017, the Government of Canada announced its decision to invest C$ 1.7 Mn in the Immunization Partnership Fund in order to fund three new projects aimed at expanding the vaccination coverage in Canada
- In February 2017, the Government of India launched the ‘Pan-India campaign for Measles-Rubella Vaccination’ to help protect children from major childhood diseases viz. rubella and measles. This nationwide vaccination campaign aims to administer measles-rubella vaccine (MR-VAC) to children aged between nine months and 15 years of age.
Respiratory Virus Vaccines Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global respiratory virus vaccines market based on attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, major brands, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global respiratory virus vaccines market is marked by the presence of a few large players operating in the international market and some small players in regional markets. The top players hold a major share of the global respiratory virus vaccines market.
- Developing a vaccine for the novel coronavirus has become a need of an hour. Amid the coronavirus crisis, several pharmaceutical companies are developing vaccine for COVID-19, with promising drug candidate in phase I and phase II in clinical trials.
- Prominent players operating in the global respiratory virus vaccines market include -
- CSL Limited
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
- Bharat Biotech
- Sinovac Biotech Ltd.
- In April 2020, Sanofi entered into a collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline plc to accelerate the development of its vaccine against the novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2
- In April 2020, AstraZeneca partnered with University of Oxford to develop a vaccine for COVID-19. The company has planned to submit the vaccine for fast track regulatory approval. It also plans to launch the vaccine in the U.K. and globally by the end for the year, if it gains regulatory approval.
- In April 2020, Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd. entered into a partnership with University of Oxford to accelerate the development of a vaccine for COVID-19, developed by Oxford
- The report on the global respiratory virus vaccines market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of respiratory virus vaccines drugs and therapies. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global respiratory virus vaccines market.
Respiratory Virus Vaccines Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global respiratory virus vaccines market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global respiratory virus vaccines market for period from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the global respiratory virus vaccines market for the same period.
The report has been prepared after extensive research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts conducted interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global respiratory virus vaccines market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources and statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global respiratory virus vaccines market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various market segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the global respiratory virus vaccines market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as new players interested in entering the global respiratory virus vaccines market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include pipeline analysis, disease prevalence & incidence rate globally with key countries, key industry events (mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, approvals, etc.) and COVID-19 pandemic impact on industry (value chain and short-/mid-/ long-term impact).
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global respiratory virus vaccines market. Key players operating in the global respiratory virus vaccines market have been identified and each one of them has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players operating in the global respiratory virus vaccines market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Respiratory Virus Vaccines Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global respiratory virus vaccines market?
- What is the revenue share projection of key segments of the global respiratory virus vaccines market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global respiratory virus vaccines market in terms of revenue between 2020 and 2030?
- How mergers & acquisitions among players are widening the scope of the global respiratory virus vaccines market?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global respiratory virus vaccines market?
Respiratory Virus Vaccines Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global respiratory virus vaccines market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of objectives of this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global respiratory virus vaccines market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global respiratory virus vaccines market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends pertaining to the global respiratory virus vaccines market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborated insights has been provided in order to understand the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global respiratory virus vaccines market. The next section of the global respiratory virus vaccines report highlights the USPs, which include pipeline analysis, disease prevalence & incidence rate globally with key countries, key industry events (mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, approvals, etc.) and COVID-19 pandemic impact on industry (value chain and short-/mid-/long-term impact).
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report segments the global respiratory virus vaccines market in terms of type, route of administration, indication, age group, end user, and region. Key segments under each criterion have been studied at length and the market share for each segment by the end of 2030 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global respiratory virus vaccines market.
Respiratory Virus Vaccines Market – Segmentation
Route of Administration