Plaque Modification Devices Market
Plaque Modification Devices Market (Product Type: Atherectomy Devices, Thrombectomy Devices, Chronic Total Occlusion (CTO) Devices, and Embolic Protection Devices (EPD); Application: Coronary Artery Disease, Peripheral Artery Disease, Neurovascular Disease, and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, and Ambulatory Surgical Centers) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Coronary Lithoplasty Gains Recognition as Effective Technique for Severe Coronary Calcium
The high prevalence of severe coronary calcium among individuals has triggered the demand for plaque modification devices. As such, non-balloon and balloon-based technologies are gaining importance in the management of severe calcified lesions. Moreover, the availability of new devices are boosting growth of the plaque modification devices market, which is anticipated to reach a revenue of ~US$ 2.1 Bn by the end of 2027. Hence, healthcare companies are increasing their R&D in lithoplasty balloon that involves the use of high-energy mechanical pulses to crack coronary calcium.
Coronary lithoplasty is acquiring popularity as an easy and effective technique to alleviate deep calcium in the plaque modification devices market. Thus, advantages of coronary lithoplasty are anticipated to revolutionize the management of severe calcified coronary lesions. In order to support this trend, healthcare providers are growing increasingly aware about intravascular imaging that helps clinicians to opt for the most appropriate plaque modification devices. Novel imaging techniques help clinicians to analyze the optimal stent result.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Plaque Modification Devices Market
Atherectomy Devices a Superior Solution for Treatment of Peripheral Artery Diseases
Innovations in atherectomy devices are expected to bring about a change in the plaque modification devices market. For instance, Avinger Inc.— a commercial-stage medical device company, announced the FDA clearance for its next-gen Pantheris Lumivascular atherectomy system. This explains why atherectomy devices product type segment is estimated to lead the plaque modification devices market.
Companies in the plaque modification devices market are increasing research to develop innovative image-guided atherectomy devices for the treatment of peripheral artery diseases. Likewise, the lumivascular technology is being highly publicized for real-time intravascular imaging and is being combined with highly effective catheters for management of peripheral artery diseases. As such, companies in the market for plaque modification devices are tapping opportunities in North America due to the high prevalence of peripheral artery diseases in the U.S. They are increasing efficacy to make design improvements in atherectomy devices with the help of simplified single balloon system.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Intravascular Ultrasound and Preintervention OCT Imaging Help Prevent Stent Failure
Optimal coronary stent implantation is found to be among the few successful strategies that prevent stent failures. However, there is a growing need for increased understanding of the intravascular milieu for optimization of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). Hence, companies are taking efforts to gain an understanding about intravascular ultrasound and optical coherence tomography (OCT) that offers insights on calcium thickness.
The plaque modification devices market is expected to expand at a striking CAGR of ~8% during the forecast period. As such, the success of plaque modification devices is highly dependent on OCT-rendered evaluation of cross-sectional calcium distribution. Likewise, preintervention OCT imaging provides accurate measurements to healthcare providers about the minimal lumen area and lesion length. Thus, innovative imaging techniques are bolstering the growth of the plaque modification devices market. Preintervention OCT imaging is generating incremental opportunities for companies in the market for plaque modification devices, since the technique is used for procedural planning and stent sizing.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Precision Dilation and Superior Compliance Spur Demand for Advanced Dilation Devices
Companies in the plaque modification devices market are developing devices that treat complex lesions. For instance, Boston Scientific— a U.S.-based manufacturer of medical devices for interventional medical specialties, has a broad product portfolio in plaque modification devices such as the Flextome™ Cutting Balloon™ Dilatation Device. Manufacturers are developing novel devices that help clinicians in treating resistant lesions. They are making product improvements with nylon balloon materials designed to offer flexibility and enhanced puncture resistance.
Precision dilation and superior compliance are key focus points for companies in the plaque modification devices market. On the other hand, manufacturers are innovating in rotational atherectomy devices. Manufacturers are increasing their production capacities to develop rotational atherectomy devices that are gaining global recognition. Rotational atherectomy devices help to successfully ablate calcium in coronary arteries. Likewise, these novel devices are gaining popularity in conducting safe ablation. Manufacturers are increasing research to offer precise control in order to selectively ablate calcium, whilst preserving the elastic tissue of the vessel wall.
The expansion of product portfolio in atherectomy devices creates revenue streams for companies in the plaque modification devices market. As such, companies are aiming at FDA clearance of devices to bolster their credibility in the global landscape. Stable rotation and size flexibility are increasingly becoming the key focus points in the development of rotational atherectomy devices.
Coronary lithoplasty is gaining importance as an effective technique for the treatment of severe coronary calcium. However, difficult device delivery and suboptimal stent expansion are some of the restraints that are likely to slow down market growth. Hence, companies should increase awareness about preintervention OCT imaging that helps physicians to select optimum plaque modification strategy prior to stent implantation.
Plaque Modification Devices Market: Overview
- The global plaque modification devices market was valued at ~US$ 1.1 Bn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a rapid pace from 2019 to 2027. Rise in atherosclerosis conditions; increase in patient pool suffering from coronary, peripheral, and other cardiac diseases; rise in geriatric population; growth in hypertension condition in adult and pediatric patient; approval of novel plaque removal techniques; and increase in awareness about atherosclerosis conditions and their treatment, especially in developing markets, are anticipated to fuel the global plaque modification devices market.
- Atherosclerosis is a disease, wherein plaque builds inside arteries that carry blood to the brain, heart, and other body parts. Plaque is a deposition of the fats, cholesterol, calcium, and other substances that create blockage in arteries. This is a primary cause of developing coronary, peripheral, and other cardiac diseases. Plaque deposition can lead to heart stroke. Plaques rupture leads to occlusion in the artery by developing clot. Treatments for plaque include procedures to remove or open blockages in arteries, and medication. According to research published on NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information), in 2019, in reference to a study conducted on myocardial infarction patients, 60% of myocardial patients died due to plaque ruptures and rest 40% due to superficial erosion. The study concluded that plaque deposition is a growing cause of death among cardiac patients.
- Launch of various innovative devices used in the atherosclerosis or plaque removal is likely to present multiple choices to the surgeons. Several companies such as Boston scientific Corporation and B Braun Melsungen, Avinger provide a wide range of plaque modification devices. These companies aim to launch products with advanced technologies. For instance, Avinger plans to launch Ocelaris CAD, a groundbreaking image guided CTO crossing in 2021. The launch of Pantheris Next Generation and Pantheris SV in 2018 and 2019, respectively, is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the company.
Plaque Modification Devices Market: Segmentation
- The global plaque modification devices market has been segmented based on product type, application, end user, and region
- In terms of product type, the global plaque modification devices market has been classified into atherectomy devices, thrombectomy devices, chronic total occlusion devices, and embolic protection devices. The atherectomy devices segment is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The segment includes different types of novel technologies, such as directional, orbital, and rotational, that are used in the treatment of plaque. Various companies operating in the plaque modification devices market have launched devices that cater to the image guided technology.
- Based on application, the global plaque modification devices market has been divided into coronary artery diseases, peripheral artery diseases, neurovascular diseases, and others. The coronary artery diseases segment accounted for significant share of the plaque modification devices market in 2018. It was followed by the peripheral artery diseases segment. Rise in minimally invasive surgeries, including atherectomy, thrombectomy, and chronic total occlusion, is likely to drive the demand for plaque modification devices.
- In terms of end user, the global plaque modification devices market has been segregated into hospitals, specialty clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers. The hospitals segment dominated the global plaque modification devices market in 2018, owing to introduction of technologically innovative modules in hospitals, favorable reimbursement policies, and availability of expertise and hospital-based health care system in most geographies.
Plaque Modification Devices Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global plaque modification devices market has been split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global plaque modification devices market in 2018, owing to the increase in prevalence of atherosclerosis, hypertension, and cardiac diseases in the region. Technological advancement is a major factor boosting the development of technically advanced devices for plaque removal. Advancement in healthcare infrastructure and approval of plaque incision systems, exclusively by the U.S. FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration), are likely to propel the plaque modification devices market in North America. Rise in adoption of minimal invasive surgeries, high prevalence of hypertension, and investments by key players in R&D to incorporate multiple functional utilities in devices are estimated to boost the plaque modification devices market in the region.
- The plaque modification devices market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a faster pace than that in other regions during the forecast period, owing to the increase in prevalence of plaque deposition, and cardiovascular and hypertension conditions in the region. Rise in incidences of heart diseases in geriatric population, faster adoption of minimally invasive surgeries, and increase in patient population are also likely to drive the demand for plaque modification devices. Presence of key players in the region offering innovative thrombectomy and embolic protection devices for accurate removal of thrombus or clots is expected to propel the plaque modification devices market in Asia Pacific.
- The plaque modification devices market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a considerable pace due to the increase in patient pool suffering from cardiovascular diseases and rise in focus on creating awareness about atherosclerosis treatment in these regions
Plaque Modification Devices Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global plaque modification devices market include
- Boston Scientific Corporation,
- B. Braun Melsungen,
- BD (Becton,
- Dickinson and Company),
- Cardinal Health,
- Cardiovascular Systems Inc.,
- Microvention, Inc. (Terumo ),
- Penumbra, Inc.,
- Stryker, a
- Codman Neuro (Johnson & Johnson)
- These players are focused on adopting organic and inorganic growth strategies to strengthen product portfolio and expand their alliances with other companies. Key players have adopted strategies such as expansion of geographic footprint, collaborations & acquisitions, launch of innovative atherosclerosis removal techniques, investment in research & development activities, and launch of image guided CTO products in order to be competitive in the global plaque modification devices market.
Plaque Modification Devices Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global plaque modification devices market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall revenue of the global plaque modification devices market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global plaque modification devices market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global plaque modification devices market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of the top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global plaque modification devices market.
The report comprises an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global plaque modification devices market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global plaque modification devices market. The next section of the global plaque modification devices market report highlights the USPs, which include technological advancements, reimbursement scenario, prevalence of atherosclerosis, and increase in incidence of coronary & peripheral artery diseases and hypertension in the global plaque modification devices market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global plaque modification devices market. Key players operating in the global plaque modification devices market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global plaque modification devices market report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Plaque Modification Devices Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by the global plaque modification devices market across all the regions during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global plaque modification devices market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which segment will have the highest revenue globally in 2027 and which product type will expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
Plaque Modification Devices Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global plaque modification devices market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and health care compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global plaque modification devices market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global plaque modification devices market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the plaque modification devices market. The next section of the global plaque modification devices market report highlights the USPs, which include atherosclerosis, coronary & peripheral artery disease prevalence & incidence globally, reimbursement scenarios and technological advancements in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key plaque modification device manufacturers has been mapped to ascertain the size of the global plaque modification devices market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the plaque modification devices market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current plaque modification devices market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global plaque modification devices market in terms of product type, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2027 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global plaque modification devices market.
Plaque Modification Devices Market - Segmentation