Medical C-arms Market: Introduction
- Medical C-arm is an imaging device that works on the X-ray technology. Medical C-arms provide fluoroscopic and radiographic imaging in a variety of cardiac, general surgical, and neurologic applications, including pacemaker implantation, needle biopsy, hip replacement, percutaneous lithotripsy, and catheter placement. Medical C-arms can be equipped with digital systems for use in neurosurgery, trauma center, and angioplasty.
- Medical C-arms were introduced in 1955, since then, the technology has advanced rapidly. Now, medical C-arms are an essential part of the operating room. Medical C-arms provide high-resolution X-ray images in real time, thus allowing surgeons to monitor progress at any point during the operation and make corrections immediately, if required. Subsequently, the treatment results are better and patients recover quickly.
- The global medical c-arms market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Advantages of C-arms over conventional imaging techniques and high resolution devices is expected to drive the medical c-arms market.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Medical C-arms Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Medical C-arms Market
- The global medical C-arms market is anticipated to be driven by the increasing burden of diseases leading to a high number of surgeries and real-time imaging systems. Moreover, technological advancements in devices leading to improved flexibility, reduced operating time, and increasing adoption of hybrid operating rooms in hospitals are projected to fuel the demand for medical C-arms.
- The complexity and scope of surgical interventions, particularly in image-guided minimally invasive surgery continues to increase, with the increase in the number of patients requiring treatment. In order to treat a large number of patients at an affordable cost, hospitals need a versatile fleet of C-arms with different capabilities that can adapt to various types of surgeries. Thus, in order to stay competitive, manufacturers operating in this market are striving to develop and launch advanced and feature-packed innovative products with enhanced performance.
- Zenition mobile C-arm by Philips has been designed with advanced controls and unrestricted access to the operative site. It includes features such as enhanced patient positioning, optimum imaging, and improved patient and staff safety.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Medical C-arms Market
- North America is projected to account for a prominent share of the global medical C-arms market during the forecast period. Increase in geriatric population, high rate of adoption of advanced medical devices, and presence of major market players are expected to fuel the growth of the medical c-arms market in the region. Moreover, increase in the number of diagnostic and imaging centers, favorable reimbursement policies, and rise in funding by governments for medical research are anticipated to propel the market in North America during the forecast period.
- Due to government interventions in enhancing health care facilities, and rising disposable incomes in Asian and Middle Eastern countries, the growth rate of medical c-arms market in these regions is high. In India, multispecialty hospitals, such as Apollo Hospitals and Fortis Healthcare, are increasingly using medical c-arms. Additionally, the rapidly evolving medical tourism industry is encouraging hospitals to equip themselves with advanced operating room equipment.
- Increase in the health care expenditure, coupled with rise in disposable income and high unmet medical needs are likely to fuel the growth of the medical c-arms market in countries of Latin America, such as Brazil and Mexico
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Medical C-arms Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Medical C-arms Market
Major players operating in the global medical C-arms market are:
- GE Healthcare
- Canon Medical Systems Corporation
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- Hologic Corporation
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- OrthoScan Inc.
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Ziehm Imaging GmbH
Global Medical C-arms Market: Research Scope
Global Medical C-arms Market, by Type
- Full-size C-arms
- Mini C-arms
Global Medical C-arms Market, by Application
- Orthopedics & Trauma
Global Medical C-arms Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
Global Medical C-arms Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.