Light Control Switches: Introduction
- A light control switch is a smart network-based lighting control solution that combines communication between two or more system inputs and outputs related to lighting controls. Light control switches need one or more central devices to control the operation of the network.
- Light control switches are made by using wireless controls, electronic sensors, and electronics timers. Light control switches help in saving and reducing the power consumption of various industries and households. It is used for evolving automatic processes and advancement in technologies. Light control switches are used to regulate energy consumption in residential, commercial, and industrial spaces to avoid unwanted utilization of energy.
- For example, it provides lighting in a hallway, large room, or stairwell to be controlled from multiple locations. Light control switches are also found in flashlights, lights, fans, vehicles, and other devices that can be controlled with hand-held, infrared, wireless remotes.
Rising Demand for Energy-saving Lighting Systems and Government Efforts to Conserve Energy Boosting the Market
- Lighting consumes a significant portion of energy across the world, due to its significant use. LED lighting was introduced with the evolution of technologies, which offers a higher level of energy efficiency than traditional lamps. Governments worldwide are encouraging the use of LED lights in residential, commercial, and industrial premises. In addition, governments of countries across regions, especially Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific, are phasing out conventional light sources with energy-efficient LED lights.
- Furthermore, in view of energy saving, various lighting companies, including Lutron Electronics Company and Cree, Inc., have introduced light control switches. These lights help organizations and households across the globe in conserving energy and protecting the environment.
- Government efforts to save a large amount of energy requires prominent use of LED lights that are dimmable, as well as light control switches. This factor is projected to have a high impact on the global light control switches market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Some Major Players with Recent Developments in the Global Market
- In 2018, Deako launched a new modular smart lighting system for home builders. Home builders are increasingly seeking smart technology pre-installed in their homes. Home builders have only been able to offer smart lighting in one or two locations in the home due to cost restrictions.
- In 2017, Schneider Electric launched Smart Touch, a touch switch that ensures comfort and convenience. It is a soft switching with a single & feather touch operation, remote control operation with IR technology, and no mechanical wear & tear.
Regional Light Control Switches Market
- In terms of region, the global light control switches market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. The market in North America is expected to be conducive during the forecast period, owing to strong presence of key market players, technological advancements, and regulations promoting the adoption of LEDs in the region, especially in developed economies such as the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
- Business performance of the light control switches market in Europe is expected to be favorable, as governments and regulatory bodies in the region are encouraging the usage of LED lights with dimmable and color tunable light control switches.
- The light control switches market in Asia Pacific is also expected to be conducive during the forecast period, due to strong presence of key market players, technological advancements, and regulations supporting the adoption of LEDs in the region, especially in economies such as China, India, Japan, Australia, and South Korea.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global light control switches market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the growing demand for light control switches. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products and gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global light control switches market include:
- Legrand S.A.
- Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Lutron Electronics Co., Inc.
- Hubbell Lighting, Inc.
- Cooper Industries, Inc.
- Osram GmbH
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Acuity Brands Lighting, Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc
- Schneider Electric SE
- Daintree Networks, Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Light Control Switches Market, Request for a Sample
Global Light Control Switches Market: Research Scope
Global Light Control Switches Market, by Product
Global Light Control Switches Market, by Type of Solution
- Standalone Light Control Solutions
- Integrated Light Control Solutions
Global Light Control Switches Market, by Application
Global Light Control Switches Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.