Insect Repellent Apparel Market
Insect Repellent Apparel Market (Product Type: Head Net, Jacket, Shirt, Trouser, and Others; End User: Men, Women, Kids, and Pets; Pricing: High, Medium, and Low; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Growing Outdoor Trends Rises Demand for Insect Repelling Products
Clothing and apparel industries are popularly known for their innovations and development. The concept of designing clothes that prevent insect bites has been there for a while, and primarily used in military and defence applications. As mosquito and other insect-borne diseases are a major concern in military, their apparel is constantly upgraded to suit the natural circumstances. However, the trend for these apparels caught on for other applications such as traveling, camping, trekking, etc. Most insect repellent apparel is treated with Permethrin that works effectively to kill the mosquitoes landing and trying to bite through the fabric. Clothing treated with insecticides has been proven efficient to protect against mosquitoes and ticks, as well as other biting insects and mites, which are driving the global insect repellent apparel market. The market is witnessing an increase in investments for research and development to provide the best protection for personnel, which is most likely to fuel the global insect repellent apparel market during the forecast period.
Insect repelling clothes block insects’ sense to smell sweat and breath. The rising trend for outdoor activities is accelerating the demand for insect repellent products across the world. Several manufacturers are developing innovative products such as patches, stickers, and apparel liquids to focus on consumers' outdoor convenience. Moreover, most people avoid using repellents on their skin to avoid contact with the eyes and mouth. As the awareness of the side effects of insect repellents is hindering the growth of repelling products, people are likely to choose insect repellent apparel for convenience and safety. However, with the growing availability of organic and herbal bug repellents in the market, the demand for insect repellent apparel is likely to hamper the forecast period. Moreover, extensive availability of low-cost insect repellents and increasing use of such products are also hindering insect repellent apparel market growth.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Insect Repellent Apparel Market
Restricted Outdoor Activities Limit Demand for Insect Repellent Apparels amid Pandemic
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the global industries and economies. The apparel segment has witnessed manufacturing houses, distributors, and retailers shut or stopped their production due to strict regulations implemented by governments across the world. Lockdowns, closure of international borders, and disruption in the supply chain have resulted in a decline of apparel and insect repellent businesses influencing a fall for the insect repellent apparel market. The social distancing and the additional actions taken by several governments to contain the virus limit the number of people who can work together in small areas. Thus, the global insect repellent apparel market witnessed a decline in demand. However, as these restrictions are being removed in major countries, the global market is likely to restore with competitors using various strategies to flatten the curve in the upcoming future.
The global apparel and clothing industries was proving useful for surgical and hospital wear with their increased demand, and masks across the world. However, as most people stayed home most of the time, and outdoor activities were restricted, the demand for insect repellent apparel was close to nothing. Furthermore, with cheap repellent alternatives, most people in tropical regions and mosquito-friendly areas preferred using liquids and creams, while at home amidst the pandemic. Moreover, businesses will have to leverage technology to flatten their recessionary curve, and are expected to go through response, recovery, and renewal phases. Building market flexibility and allowing expedition will aid businesses to move forward in their journey out of the COVID-19 crisis toward the next normal. The post-pandemic times will witness businesses adjusting their strategic planning to move ahead with increased investment in research & development.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Spread of Insect-borne Disease Threats Several Lives in Developing Areas of APAC
The rise in the popularity of traveling trends across the world, camping trips, outdoor excursions, and improvements in the supply chain and distribution channels are driving the demand for the global insect repellent apparel market during the forecast period. In addition, increasing technological developments and adoption of insect repellent apparel among military staff is contributing to the market growth. Moreover, regulations against harmful effects of DEET low-cost products can increase the number of people looking for safe repelling alternatives. This creates new opportunities for insect repellent apparel that is safe for the skin. Furthermore, the increasing use of these products among old age people, infants, tourists, and the growing prevalence of insect-borne diseases such as dengue, yellow fever, malaria, and others are further expected to drive the insect repellent apparel market in the upcoming future. With several manufacturers increasing their focus on enhancing the product benefits with minimum side effects is likely to further propel the global market during the mentioned timeline.
North America has dominated the global insect repellent apparel market in recent years, owing to increased spending on insect repelling products in the U.S. and Canada and key players being located in the region. The growing awareness of effects of vector-borne diseases in the region is boosting the demand for insect repellent apparel market for a longer time. However, with the growing prevalence of mosquito-borne diseases in the Asia Pacific, the region is anticipated to expand with a high CAGR during the forecast period. As health organizations suggest a high risk of lymphatic filariasis in South East Asia, with around 300 million children at risk, the need for insect repellent apparel has been increased in these areas.
Utilization of Natural Ingredients in Insect Repellents to Attract New Consumers
The growing frequency of people planning their trips to riversides such as the amazon or wanting to be comfortable at their next outdoor events is increasing the health risks imposed by the insects. Thus, to limit these risks, more people are searching for insect repelling products that suit their skin. In addition, there is an ongoing demand for new and innovative insecticide-treated clothes containing natural ingredients, which creates new opportunities for new entrants in the market. Moreover, people’s inclination toward natural and safer products and businesses focusing on using natural alternatives for chemicals is likely to influence global consumers. With all the factors driving the market growth, the global insect repellent apparel market is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Insect Repellent Apparel Market
Manufacturers of insect repellent apparel should increase their focus on using skin-friendly ingredients to remove the fear of skin infections among many individuals. As DEET products are known for their harmful chemicals, using natural ingredients with skin benefits can gain the attraction of hygiene-conscious people, driving the insect repellent apparel market. Nevertheless, rising prevalence of insect-borne disease and increasing number of outdoor activities across the world are fuelling the growth of the insect repellent apparel market in the upcoming future.
Insect Repellent Apparel Market: Overview
- According to the latest market report published by Transparency Market Research on the insect repellent apparel market for the period of 2021–2031 (wherein 2021 to 2031 is the forecast period and 2020 is the base year), rising participation in outdoor adventure activities is a key factor propelling the demand for insect repellent clothing, which is responsible for the growth of the insect repellent apparel market
- Globally, revenue generated by the insect repellent apparel market accounted over US$ 550 Mn in 2020, which is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~6% in terms of value during the forecast period
Rising Participation in Outdoor Adventure Activities: Key Driver of Insect Repellent Apparel Market
- People are adopting such safety apparel to enhance their outdoor experience due to rising participation in sports and outdoor activities. Growing participation in adventure activities such as hiking and climbing leads to increasing demand for insecticide-treated apparel, which are perceived to offer personal protection against bites from a variety of arthropods including mosquitoes, ticks, and chigger mites.
- Over the years, the world has witnessed significant rise in recreational and outdoor adventure activities, which, in turn, has resulted in increased adoption of outdoor apparel, subsequently fueling the demand for insect repellent apparel
- People are less tolerant toward pest and insect related problems caused in societal environments. Accordingly, rising health awareness is expected to drive the insect repellent apparel market. Currently, it has a moderate impact on the growth of the insect repellent apparel market. However, with the anticipated rise in adoption of repellent products, the impact would be high in the upcoming years.
- Over the years, the prevalence of mosquito diseases such as Zika, dengue, yellow fever, malaria, and Chikungunya have become very common. People are affected by infections that cause disfigurement, debilitation, and disabilities such as blindness. This is projected to drive the insect repellent apparel products market during the forecast years.
Rise in Millennial, Aging Population: Significant Opportunity for Insect Repellent Apparel Market
- Millennial generation has larger spending capacity than other generations, as the mindset tends to mirror that of the urban athlete segment, whose main motivation for outdoor activities are social connection with others, thrill-seeking, and competition. Moreover, millennial enjoy a wide variety of outdoor activities and are likely to live in urban areas. This is projected to constantly push the demand for outdoor safety equipment, including insect repellent clothing. The older generation is becoming health and fitness conscious, joining fitness programs, and exploring outdoor activities that are expected propel the demand for debug apparel for the safety they offer from biting insects, thus boosting the insect repellent apparel market.
- Rising obese population creates an opportunity for manufacturers to launch plus size debug apparel, which can gain more attention of people with larger body sizes, and this can inspire people to participate in outdoor adventure and recreational activities. This is likely to help the insect repellent apparel market expand during the forecast period.
Insect Repellent Apparel with Natural Ingredients: Key Trend of Insect Repellent Apparel Market
- Increasing popularity of camping (1.4 million households camped in 2018 globally) is likely to boost the demand for outdoor apparel, which subsequently propels the growth of the insect repellent apparel market. Rise in disposable income increases the spending capacity of consumers, which frequently drives spending on health and safety products and thus increases the demand for insect repellent apparel. Increasing participation in sports and recreation activities is one of the major factors boosting the demand for debug clothing that offers protection from biting insects and associated diseases. Moreover, rising demand for new and innovative insecticide-treated clothes containing natural ingredients is likely to create significant growth opportunity for the insect repellent market in the upcoming years. People are more inclined toward natural and safer products compared to synthetic products and give preference to plant-based or natural insect repellent apparel instead of standard repellent products, which are commonly made with permethrin.
- For instance, Maternova introduced a line of mosquito protective apparel with bio repellent technology for children and women. The repellent is permethrin-free and the technology used repels the insects rather than killing them. Neurotoxin or other lethal ingredients are not used in the formula in the textile and thus is much safer. The company is focusing on protecting pregnant mothers and infants from insect-borne disease, and from exposing them to harmful chemicals in the process.
High Cost, Availability of Substitute Products: Restraint of Insect Repellent Apparel Market
- Substantial capital is required to manufacture insect repellent apparel, which is a prime restraining factor of the market. Insect repellent apparel are costly as compared to other repellent products such as creams, spray, and vaporizers, as they are produced with expensive raw materials associated with pesticide treatment, which increases the manufacturing cost. This can restrict users from buying such costly apparel over other insect repellent products, thus hampering the growth of the market.
- Extensive availability of substitute repellent products such as insect repellent clothing sprays, creams & oils, repellent vaporizers, debug stickers, and patches, which are used on a large scale is also hampering the expansion of the insect repellent apparel market
Insect Repellent Apparel Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers of insect repellent apparel have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the insect repellent apparel market include
- ExOfficio, LLC
- Insect Shield
- The Orvis Company
- Royal Robbins
- Shenzhen Special Textile Technology Co., Ltd.
- Dog Not Gone
- Tyndale USA
Insect Repellent Apparel Market: Key Developments
- Prominent players in the insect repellent apparel market are increasing investment on innovative products to fulfill the needs of end users and offer them customized solutions. Manufacturers are also planning to expand their product portfolio and presence in various regions through mergers & acquisitions and offer innovative insect repellent apparel to users.
Insect Repellent Apparel Market – Scope of Report
A new study on the global insect repellent apparel market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global insect repellent apparel market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global insect repellent apparel market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period of 2021 - 2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global insect repellent apparel market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global insect repellent apparel market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global insect repellent apparel market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global insect repellent apparel market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Insect Repellent Apparel Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the insect repellent apparel market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global insect repellent apparel market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the future scope and changing trends in technologies in the global insect repellent apparel market?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global insect repellent apparel market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global insect repellent apparel market?
Research Methodology – Insect Repellent Apparel Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global insect repellent apparel market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global insect repellent apparel market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the insect repellent apparel market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from insect repellent apparel market industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global insect repellent apparel market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global insect repellent apparel market more reliable and accurate.
Insect Repellent Apparel Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global insect repellent apparel market includes information categorized into five sections ? product type, end user, pricing, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the insect repellent apparel market are discussed in detail.