Disinfectants Market (Type: Quaternary Ammonium Compounds, Chlorine Compounds, Phenolic Compounds, Hydrogen Peroxide, Ethylene Oxide, Aldehydes, Alcohols, Iodine, and Others; Mechanism of Action: High Level Disinfectants, Intermediate Level Disinfectants, and Low Level Disinfectants; and End User: Healthcare Providers, Commercial Users, and Domestic Users) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Alcohol-based Hand Disinfectants Effective Against Novel Coronavirus
The unprecedented demand for disinfectants and surfactants during the coronavirus pandemic has led to business opportunities for manufacturers in the disinfectants market. Manufacturers have been producing disinfectants at break-neck speeds to meet the demand of users in hospitals, commercial, and domestic settings. Since the World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended the use of disinfectants, retailers have witnessed a sudden spike in product sales.
It has been found that disinfectants are effective in containing the spread of COVID-19. According to the researchers from Ruhr-Universitat Bochum (RUB) in Germany, their main components such as isopropanol and alcohol ethanol are found to show adequate inactivation of the virus. Companies in the disinfectants market are increasing their production capabilities in alcohol-based hand disinfectants that are effective against the novel coronavirus.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Disinfectants Market
Side Effects of Sodium Hypochlorite Spray in Disinfectant Tunnels Affect Sales
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to increased use of disinfectants. However, exposure to stronger concentration of hypochlorite has the potential to cause serious damage to multiple organs, especially with the use of disinfectant tunnel. A study from the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, has shed light on the side effects of using the disinfectant tunnel wherein sodium hypochlorite is sprayed to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Hence, manufacturers in the disinfectants market are focusing on critical applications in healthcare facilities to keep economies running during the ongoing pandemic.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Awareness about Eco-friendly Disinfectants Creates Business Opportunities
Hospital-grade eco-friendly disinfectants are growing popular in the market landscape. Analysts at the Transparency Market Research (TMR) opine that eco-friendly disinfection will pave the way for innovations in products post the COVID-19 pandemic. Manufacturers in the disinfectants market are boosting their output capacities in eco-friendly solutions that establish targeted killing of organisms without affecting the surfaces upon which they are applied.
Eco-friendly disinfectants are emerging as a potential threat to the sales of liquids made from alcohols, aldehydes, and ammonium compounds. Hence, manufacturers in the disinfectants market should increase their R&D and expand their product portfolio of eco-friendly disinfectants to capitalize on incremental opportunities. Even consumers have become cognizant about the harmful effects of chemical disinfectants on the environment. Manufacturers in the disinfectants market are focusing on business expansion opportunities keeping in mind healthcare providers, as these end users are likely to dictate the highest revenue during the forecast period.
Electrochemically Activated Solution Disinfection Prove to be Game Changer in Industrial Cleaning Applications
The disinfectants market is projected to advance at a favorable CAGR of ~7% during the assessment period. Cutting-edge industrial disinfection technologies are translating into revenue opportunities for manufacturers. Manufacturers are increasing efforts to meet the demand for industrial scale disinfection technologies such as electrochemically activated solution disinfection (ECAS), owing to the coronavirus pandemic. They are increasing the availability for non-toxic and effective products that can be used in food and industrial cleaning applications. Effective and sustained disinfection practices at public places and hospitals are establishing stable and long-term revenue streams for manufacturers.
Vehicle Disinfectant Bays Gain Visibility at Check-posts for Quick Car Disinfection
The coronavirus pandemic has led to several business avenues for companies in the disinfectants market. The newly introduced foot-operated, height adjustable, hands-free sanitizer dispenser stand and applications in the hospitality industry are generating value grab opportunities for manufacturers in the disinfectants market. Vehicle disinfectant bays are being highly publicized for automatically disinfecting vehicles.
Cost and time efficiency attributes of vehicle disinfectant bays are grabbing the attention of stakeholders in various commercial sectors. The growing number of state borders and check-posts are using vehicle disinfectant bays to complete the disinfection process of cars in a very short time without much effort. Foot-operated, height adjustable hands-free sanitizer dispenser stands are gaining visibility in residential, commercial, and industrial applications.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Since toxic chemicals in disinfectants can cause respiratory and central nervous system disorders, manufacturers are increasing the availability of eco-friendly disinfectants during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. The disinfectants market is expected to reach US$ 14.9 Bn by 2030. However, alternate cleaning technologies such as pulsed UV (ultraviolet) light technology and high intensity ultrasound are emerging as a stiff competition to the sales of chemical- and alcohol-based disinfectants. Hence, manufacturers should innovate in eco-friendly disinfectant products to diversify their supply chains and expand business opportunities. They should increase their R&D for electrochemically activated solution, which uses powerful biocidal liquid capable of killing germs and bacteria.
Disinfectants Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global disinfectants market for the historical period 2018–2019 and forecast period 2020–2030, the global disinfectants market is driven by increase in number of hospital-acquired/associated infections (HAI)
- According to the report, the global disinfectants market was valued over US$ 6.9 Bn in 2019 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~7% from 2020 to 2030
Increase in Number of Hospital-acquired/Associated Infections (HAI): Key Driver of Disinfectants Market
- Hospital-associated infections (also termed as nosocomial infections) are defined as infections (fungal and bacterial) that patients acquire during the course of their stay in hospitals. Hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) is a significant cause of mortality worldwide.
- According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, one in every 20 infections in the U.S. is HAI. High incidence of various HAIs is expected to propel the utilization of disinfectants globally, which, in turn, is likely to propel the market during the forecast period.
Microorganisms Resistant to Disinfectants and Highly Reactive Nature of Certain Chemical Compounds: Key Restraint of Disinfectants Market
- Overuse of surface disinfectants can lead to microbes developing resistance to these products. In such cases, the strength of chemical compounds has to be increased. However, this cannot be a continuous process, as excessive utilization of chemicals can have unhealthy and harmful effects on humans. This leads to a problem of products becoming ineffective over a period of time and could lead to the search for alternatives to disinfectants.
Expansion of Research & Development in Emerging Markets: Key Opportunity in Disinfectants Market
- Several companies focus on expanding the reach of their products by growing their operational frameworks
- For instance, the World Health Organization has been organizing healthcare programs to prevent the spread of infectious disease by using antiseptics and disinfectants. Globally, at least 1 in 4 patients in intensive care will acquire an infection during stay in the hospital. In developing countries, this estimate could be doubled.
- Existing players have recorded rise in revenue from the sale of antiseptic and disinfectant products due to increase in demand for these pharmaceutical products in the U.S., Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific
- Countries such as India and China focus on improving primary healthcare policies. The overall healthcare expenditure of these countries is expected to increase at an annual average rate of 17% and 14%, respectively. This creates opportunities for disinfectant manufacturers.
Disinfectants Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global disinfectants market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Leading players operating in the global disinfectants market include
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- STERIS plc
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
- Getinge AB
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Ecolab, Inc.
- The Clorox Company
- Cantel Medical Corp.
Disinfectants Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global disinfectants market are engaged in regulatory approvals, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to augment the global disinfectants market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global disinfectants market are:
- In September 2020, The Clorox Company's Pine-Sol Original Multi-Surface Cleaner received approval from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for kill claims against SARS-Cov-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, on hard non-porous surfaces
- The report on the global disinfectants market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers and suppliers of disinfectants. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global disinfectants market.
Disinfectants Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global disinfectants market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global disinfectants market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global disinfectants market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global disinfectants market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global disinfectants market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global disinfectants market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global disinfectants market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global disinfectants market. Key players operating in the global disinfectants market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global disinfectants market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Disinfectants Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global disinfectants market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global disinfectants market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in the global disinfectants market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for disinfectant providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global disinfectants market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global disinfectants market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global disinfectants market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary researches, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global disinfectants market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the disinfectants market as primary research sources.
These primary and secondary research sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the disinfectants market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global disinfectants market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global disinfectants market more reliably and accurately.
Disinfectants Market – Segmentation
|Mechanism of Action||