Insect Repellent Market
Insect Repellent Market (Product Type: Coils, Liquid Vaporizers, Sprays/Aerosol, Mats, Cream & Oil, and Others; Ingredient: Natural Ingredient and Synthetic Ingredient; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Companies Boost R&D to Develop Insect Repellents to Kill SARS-CoV-2 Virus
Insect repellents hold promising potentials in killing COVID-19 pathogens on surfaces. A team of scientists at Britain's Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) is gaining popularity for sharing their preliminary findings of their research that demonstrate insect repellents can kill SARS-CoV-2 virus. Since consumers are concerned about their health and home environment, manufacturers in the insect repellent market are capitalizing on this opportunity to maintain steady supply chains in retail stores for easy availability of products.
Companies in the Britain insect repellent market are anticipated to boost their R&D activities to see if insect repellents would provide a protective layer against coronavirus. The ever-evolving nature of COVID-19 strains has brought Citridiol, an insect repellent by Citrefine International Ltd. into the limelight.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Insect Repellent Market
Insect Repellent Fabrics Gain Advantage over Traditional DEET Containing Products
Synthetic ingredients such as DEET (N,N-diethyl-meta-toluamide) insect repellents have advantages including proven efficacy in preventing bites from mosquitoes and remain effective for several hours. However, its oily feel, potential irritation to eyes, and other sensitive areas are inhibiting market growth. Hence, manufacturers are innovating in roll-on DEET insect repellents that are easy to apply are non-sticky and very much loyal to the user base.
The global insect repellent market is projected to reach the revenue mark of US$ 9.3 Bn by the end of 2031. Manufacturers are seen innovating in insect repellent fabric. For instance, an Indore-based startup Clothing Innovation in India is being publicized for its patent-pending Armour technology that factory treats fabric to repel insects such as mosquitoes, ticks, and ants, among others.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Long Lasting Insect Repellents Help Ward off Disease-causing Insects
Vector-borne illnesses are leading to overwhelming financial and health burden on people in low- and middle-income countries. Researchers in the insect repellent market are taking advantage of this opportunity to develop long lasting repellents that are effective in warding off disease-causing insects. Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health alumnus Abraar Karan, MPH ’17, is one of the co-founder of Longsleeve, which is developing a game changing mosquito repellent that is waterproof, non-smelly, and safe to use.
Since DEET ingredients have been rated as slightly toxic by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, companies in the insect repellent market are innovating in mosquito repellents that last up to 72 hrs.
Low-viscosity Silicone Oil Prevents Mosquitoes from Staying Long Enough to Feed
Consumers are gaining awareness about natural ingredients in insect repellents. Tokyo-based chemical and cosmetics company Kao Corporation is known for its low-viscosity silicone oil, which prevents mosquitoes from landing on the skin and has the potential of an insect repellent ingredient. Companies in the insect repellent market are taking cues from such companies to increase R&D in unique mosquito repellent technology using a hydrophobic oil surface, which mosquitoes tend to dislike, thus preventing them from staying long enough to feed.
It has been found that mosquitoes tend to rub their legs together in an attempt to wipe the hydrophobic oil adhering to its. Hence, manufacturers in the insect repellent market are developing products using the hydrophobic oil technology to produce low-viscosity silicone oil.
Essential oils are acting as insect repellents in food packaging. This explains why the insect repellent market is projected to advance at a favorable CAGR of ~7% during the assessment period. Active food packaging is currently witnessing high demand in the food industry in order to provide protection to food. Such trends are acting as key drivers, thus contributing to the growth of the insect repellent market.
Manufacturers are bolstering their production capacities in essential oils made from plants that represent active ingredients being used in insect repellents for food packaging to store and protect food from environment and insects. Insect repellent packaging is gaining prominence to create safety measures by repelling insects from exterior environment.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Insect Repellent Market
Active compounds found in insect repellents have the potential to provide protection from COVID-19. Insect repellent food packaging using essential oils helps to inhibit larvae from food within. However, DEET insect repellents are slightly toxic as per the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and increase the reaction risk in high concentrations. Hence, companies in the insect repellent market should collaborate with researchers to innovate in polymer technology using versatile chemical compounds to create products that adhere to the skin for several hours. They should increase their production capabilities in low-viscosity silicone oil, which provides insufficient time to mosquitoes to feed on blood. They should innovate in insect repelling fabric that helps to ward off mosquitoes and advance in fabric that are effective in keeping bed bugs in control since these bugs are a serious problem in many households.
Insect Repellent Market: Overview
- Insect repellents are used to repel or kill harmful insects or parasites such as flies, mosquitoes, ticks, and bees, among others, in homes, gardens, and public spaces. Insect repellents are primarily made with natural and synthetic ingredients or a combination of both. Bug bites from some specific species of spiders, red ants, and wasps can cause life-threatening diseases in humans. Insect repellents have been identified as an effective solution to prevent several insect-borne diseases such as dengue, malaria, etc. by killing harmful parasites responsible for such diseases.
- Several brands operating in the global market specialize in the production of botanical and chemical insect repellents. Plant-based insect repellents are widely accepted by modern consumers for their safety and additional benefit of skin moisturization. Presently, essential oils, neem, and aloe vera are widely used botanical ingredients in plant-based insect repellents.
Rising Health Awareness and Prevalence of Insect-borne Diseases: Key Driver of Insect Repellent Market
- Growth in literacy rate in developing countries influences the rural and interior population to focus more on health & cleanliness. In addition, the current coronavirus crisis is prompting the purchase decisions of modern consumers.
- Rising use of insect repellents to gain protection from insect-borne diseases is identified as a key market driver across the globe. Consumers have become more health conscious, and are willing to pay for improved solutions in healthcare and home care.
- Insect-borne diseases impose immense health and economic burdens on both individuals and nations. Billions of people are affected directly by infections that cause disfigurement, debilitation, and disabilities such as blindness.
- According to the latest publication of WHO, vector-borne diseases account for more than 17% of all infectious diseases, causing more than 700,000 deaths annually. In addition, there are an estimated 219 million malaria (parasitic infection) cases globally, which results in more than 400,000 deaths every year.
Collaboration of Key Brands with NGOs and Governments: Key Market Opportunity
- Governments and NGOs across different parts of the world are increasingly promoting health awareness campaigns in association with key brands of insect repellents to spread the importance of waste management, and better product knowledge among the masses to reduce the number of parasitic infections, especially across rural populations
- Although these campaigns are a part of CSR activities, participation in these campaigns with large-scale government projects aids in creating brand awareness of diverse insect repellent products. For instance, in July 2019, the company announced the launch of its initiative “Making India Dengue Free” under which Odomos reached out to over 10 lakh people across the country, educating them about prevention from mosquito bites, and distributing free samples of Odomos mosquito repellant creams.
Stringent Government Regulations and Counterfeit Products
- The insect repellent industry is regulated by certain guidelines and standards established by government authorities and environment agencies regarding insect repellent chemical composition and safety. Furthermore, the regulatory framework can vary across different regions depending upon the climatic conditions and types of insects existing in particular geographies.
- The global insect repellent market is highly fragmented and comprises several small-scale companies engaged in the manufacturing of private label products that are either spurious or unapproved mosquito repellent incense sticks, and people are oblivious of their health hazards. These insect repellent are locally manufactured with no government approvals. The content of chemicals and pesticides used in such incense sticks differ. Since these illegal incense sticks are laced with chemicals and pesticides, they kill mosquitoes, but the smoke of the incense sticks are equally harmful for humans.
Insect Repellent Market: Competition Landscape
- The research report provides detailed profiles of insect repellent manufacturers to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global insect repellent market are
- Avon Products Inc.
- Coghlans Ltd
- Dabur India Limited
- Entomol Products, LLC.
- Enesis group
- ExOfficio LLC
- Godrej Consumer Products Ltd
- Homs LLC
- Jyothy Labs Ltd.
- PIC Corporation
- Quantum Health
- Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
- Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc
- S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
Insect Repellent Market: Key Developments
- Key manufacturers of insect repellent products are heavily investing in R&D to launch innovative and diversified range of insect repellents under different brands. Moreover, major brands are focused on strategic mergers and acquisitions in order to expand business and gain access to new geographies.
- Furthermore, companies are focusing on extensive promotion to attract potential buyers. Some key developments in the global insect repellent market are highlighted below:
- In August 2020, BodyGuard launched a natural mosquito repellent cream with DEET-free and 100% herbal formula. The cream is enriched with aloe vera and neem to provide moisturization in addition to protection against mosquitos.
- In May 2020, SC Johnson announced that it has donated 125,000 units of personal insect repellent and insecticides to benefit families in Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay. The donations were made as the countries have seen an increase in the number of dengue cases.
- In April 2020, Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc. announced plans to manufacture hand sanitizers at its Blacksburg, Va., manufacturing plant. The company started the production of sanitizers to support its facilities, U.S. employees, and several local organizations in communities where it operates.
- In May 2019, Aunt Fannie’s launched two new mosquito repellent sprays. These new pump sprays are DEET-free and powered with essential oil. Besides, the company claims that the newly launched product lines are free from harsh chemicals such as dyes, phenols, mineral oils, and petrochemical propellants.
- The global insect repellent market report also discusses product portfolio and key business strategies followed by insect repellent companies. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global insect repellent market.
Insect Repellent Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global insect repellent market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global insect repellent market across the globe. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global insect repellent market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period, 2021–2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global insect repellent market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global insect repellent market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global insect repellent market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global insect repellent market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Insect Repellent Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the insect repellent market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global insect repellent market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the future scope and current trends in terms of sizing and distribution channel of the global insect repellent market?
- What is the revenue of the global insect repellent market based on respective segments?
- Which are the key strategies used by top players of the global insect repellent market?
- Which are the leading companies in the global insect repellent market?
Research Methodology – Insect Repellent Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global insect repellent market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global insect repellent market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the insect repellent market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from insect repellent industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global insect repellent market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global insect repellent market more reliable and accurate.
Insect Repellent Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global insect repellent market includes information categorized into four sections ? product type, ingredient, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the insect repellent market are discussed in detail.