Health and Wellness Market
Health and Wellness Market (Sector: Personal Care, Beauty, and Anti-Aging, Healthy Eating, Nutrition, and Weight Loss, Wellness Tourism, Physical Activity, Preventive & Personalized Medicine and Public Health, Traditional and Complementary Medicine, Spa Economy, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Immunity-boosting Retreats, Staycations Grow Popular Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 outbreak has laid increased emphasis on the importance of health and wellness. However, unprecedented developments in the health and wellness market are being witnessed by stakeholders. For instance, the wellness tourism faced a significant revenue impact due to travel restrictions. However, mass inoculation measures and decline in active coronavirus cases are now catalyzing the demand for staycations coupled with immunity-boosting retreats. Anxiety and stress due to the pandemic are being resolved with holidays in wellness-focused places.
The poor market sentiments on the other hand have caused a slowdown in economic activities in the health and wellness market. Hence, brands in this sector are targeting health-conscious consumers to boost product sales and keep the economies running.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Health and Wellness Market
Hand Care Premiumization, Sustainability Important for Personal Care Products
Beauty and personal care trends such as sustainability and hand care premiumization are translating into revenue opportunities for companies in the health and wellness market. The COVID-19 pandemic has fanned the flames and accelerated the relevance of sustainability in personal care products. Personal care brands are placing emphasis on sustainability by ensuring the eco-friendliness of pop-up store designs and kiosks. Recyclable materials are being used to manufacture personal care bottles and containers.
Since the pandemic has skyrocketed the demand for hand sanitizers, companies in the health and wellness market are increasing the availability of alcohol-based hand sanitizers. They are developing hand purifying gels to meet hygiene needs of consumers. The multi-functional hand care products are gaining prominence in the market.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Smart Use of Technology, R&D Help Advance in Personalized Medicine
The health and wellness market is projected to surpass US$ 6.9 Bn by 2031. However, challenges pertaining to the integration of Big Data, ICT solutions, and shaping of sustainable healthcare are influencing the growth rate of the market. Hence, to tide over these challenges, stakeholders are increasing awareness about the smart use of technology combined with greater participation of patients in the management of their own health.
The recent approval of the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) for a new tumor-agnostic cancer treatment designed to counteract a specific genetic mutation, as opposed to a specific type of tumor such as breast or colon cancer, is grabbing the attention of stakeholder in the healthcare landscape.
High Performance Ingredients in Skincare Products, Anti-ageing Facial Tools Witnessing Increased Demand
The spa economy is undergoing a critical change with the onset of high performance ingredients in skincare products and facial kits. Vitamin F, Squalene, and Niacinamide are becoming popular in skincare products. Minimal products in skincare and fundamental skincare practices are becoming a priority in salons and households.
The metallic face tools made of Kansa, an alloy of bronze, copper, and zinc, Jade rollers, and Gua sha coins are being produced by brands in the health and wellness market to facilitate facial muscle toning and training. These beauty tools are gaining popularity as an effective anti-ageing weapon for women.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Since the COVID-19 pandemic has caused disruptions in the services industry such as spas and salons, brands are increasing marketing of high performance ingredients in personal care products for DIY skincare practices. The highly competitive health and wellness market is estimated to clock a modest CAGR of 5% during the forecast period. This is evident since lack of awareness about personalized medicine and challenges for policymakers to ensure ICT systems obtain patient consent are potentially influencing market growth. Thus, stakeholders in the health and wellness market should ensure the smart use of technology and increase R&D for once-in-a-generation medical advancements to boost the efficacy and awareness of personalized medicines.
Health and Wellness Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global health and wellness market for the historical period of 2017–2019 and forecast period of 2021–2031, rise in prevalence of dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa and surge in research to manage dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa are projected to drive the global health and wellness market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global health and wellness market was valued over US$ 4.1 Bn in 2020. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5% from 2021 to 2031.
Rise in Prevalence of Chronic Disease to Drive Demand for Health and Wellness: Key Driver
- Rise in prevalence of chronic lifestyle diseases across the globe is a key factor driving the market
- Prevalence of diabetes, blood pressure, asthma, arthritis, cancer, dementia, and other stress-related disorders has increased significantly, owing to sedentary lifestyles and hectic schedules. People unable to synthesize essential amino acids, vitamins, and other components as well as those who do not get essential nutrition from their diet are prescribed with additional medical supplements.
- According to the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), the number of people with diabetes in North America stood at around 46 million in 2017, which is expected to increase to 62 million by 2045
- According to a report published by the World Health Organization in 2018, one in five men and one in six women across the world are diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime. Hence, increase in incidence of chronic diseases is likely to fuel the market during the forecast period.
- Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are a leading cause of death around the world. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cardiovascular diseases account for nearly 17.9 million deaths every year, which is estimated to be 31% of all global deaths.
- According to CDC, 18.2 million adults aged 20 and older have CAD (about 6.7%) in the U.S. Two out of every 10 deaths occur due to CAD in adults less than 65 years old.
- Hence, rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, such as CVDs, Cancer, diabetes, etc., is projected to fuel the global health and wellness market during the forecast period
Decline in Overall Healthcare Cost to Boost Market
- The U.S. healthcare system has historically focused on the treatment of diseases. For every US$ 100 spent on healthcare, about US$ 80 is typically spent diagnosing and treating patients after they become sick.
- There is change observed in spending pattern of consumer, in context to health & wellness industry
- Wellness spending is likely to encompass not only the treatment of physical and mental illness, but also investments in data and algorithms that help generate health and wellness insights. This might include things that consumers use to stay healthy, such as app-based algorithms that illustrate the impacts of eating healthy.
- It might also include enterprises that address the drivers of health (often referred to as social determinants) and can help address disparities in health outcomes, like housing, community, adequate food, and other enterprises that contribute to well-being
- According to an article published by Deloitte, the amount spent in the wellness industry is estimated to eclipse treatment-related expenses by 2033. By 2040, it is expected that wellness industry’s spending would account for nearly two-thirds of the total health spending -or 11.3% of the GDP - and spending on treatments and diagnostics to make up the rest (7.1% of GDP).
High Cost of Products, Services to Hamper Market
- Dietary supplement and functional food/beverages incur significantly high costs, which is likely to hamper the growth of the health and wellness market. Players such as Amway offer supplements under the brand Nutrilite, which is quite expensive.
- These supplements, being less cost-effective, could restrain the development of the health and wellness market, especially in developing countries such as South Africa, and other emerging markets
- Surge in concerns about complete wellness and changes in way of life has prompted customers to prefer various wellness services such as spa, gyms, clubs, etc., in order to have a balanced and healthy life. However, these services are expensive and be afforded by people earning basic wages, which, in turn, is projected to hamper the market.
- Certain corporate wellness services such as health risk assessment and fitness require more investment and are therefore, cut down by corporates
- These factors are likely to restrain the market during the forecast period
Health and Wellness Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global health and wellness market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Leading players operating in the global health and wellness market are
- The Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- L'Oréal S.A.
- Unilever plc
- BioThrive Sciences
- Abbott Laboratories
- Herbalife Nutrition Ltd.
- Amway Corp.
- THE BOUNTIFUL COMPANY
- Anytime Fitness LLC
- Lift Brands
- BodyHoliday Saint Lucia
- Healing Holidays (Cleveland Travel Ltd.)
- COMO Hotels and Resorts
- Grand Resort Bad Ragaz
- SOUKYA International Holistic Health Centre
Health and Wellness Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global health & wellness market are engaged in regulatory approvals, development of new therapies or products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the global health & wellness market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global health and wellness market are:
- In June 2021, Unilever signed an agreement to acquire leading digital-led skin care brand Paula’s Choice from TA Associates. Paula’s Choice is a pioneer of science-backed products and direct to consumer (DTC) eCommerce
- In June 2021, the bountiful company launched Nature’s Bounty Optimal Solutions launched the first-ever advanced hair, skin, and nails jelly beans
- In May 2021, The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. completed the first phase of increasing its ownership in DECIEM Beauty Group Inc., the Canada-based, vertically integrated, multi-brand company. The company owns ~76% of DECIEM (up from 29%), and has agreed to purchase the remaining interests after a three-year period at a price that would be determined based on the future performance of DECIEM.
- In May 2021, Unilever announced its partnership with food-tech company ENOUGH (formerly 3F BIO) to introduce new plant-based meat products to the market
- In April 2021, Unilever announced that it had signed an agreement to acquire Onnit, a holistic wellness and lifestyle company, based in Austin, Texas, the U.S.
- In December 2020, Abbott developed a new Pedialyte Hydration Solution to help support immune health, which contains zinc, prebiotics and vitamins B12, C and E. Abbott expanded its Pedialyte product portfolio with four new product introductions: Pedialyte with Immune Support, Pedialyte Sport, Pedialyte Organic, and Pedialyte Electrolyte Water with Zero Sugar
- In June 2020, L’Oréal announced the acquisition of U.S. skincare brand Thayers Natural Remedies. The brand will be integrated into L’Oréal’s Consumer Products Division.
- In March 2020, L’Oréal completed the acquisition of the Mugler and Azzaro brands and perfumes belonging to the Clarins Group for a cash amount of €1.3 Bn, net of cash acquired
- In March 2018, L’Oréal announced the acquisition of 100% of ModiFace, a Canadian-based global leader in augmented reality and artificial intelligence applied to beauty. This acquisition is part of L’Oréal Group’s digital acceleration strategy, one of the pillars of which is to equip its 35 international brands with the most innovative beauty experience and service technologies
- The report on the global health and wellness market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global health and wellness market.
Health and Wellness Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global health and wellness market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides revenue of the global health and wellness market for the period 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global health and wellness market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global health and wellness market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global health and wellness market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global health and wellness market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global health and wellness market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global health and wellness market. Key players operating in the global health and wellness market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global Health and Wellness market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Health and Wellness Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of companies present in the global health and wellness market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global health and wellness market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the influence of changing trends in the global health and wellness market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for health and wellness providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global health and wellness market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global health and wellness market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global health and wellness market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global health and wellness market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the health and wellness market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the health and wellness market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global health and wellness market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global health and wellness market more reliably and accurately.
Health and Wellness Market – Segmentation