HDPE Large Blow Molded Products Market
HDPE Large Blow Molded Products Market (Application: Plastic Drums, Intermediate Bulk Containers [IBCs], Storage Tanks, and Others; and End Use: Food & Beverages, Chemical & Petrochemicals, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
- Chemicals & Materials
- 165 Pages
COVID-19 Pathogens Transfer Less Effectively from Porous HDPE Surfaces
Similar to every other market, COVID-19 (coronavirus) has cast its impact on the HDPE large blow molded products market. Hence, companies in the HDPE large blow molded products market are addressing queries of its customers with the help of FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) posted in the form of articles on their websites. For instance, DuPont— a global leader in advanced polymers, is answering questions of its customers with the help of FAQ articles, who fall in the value chain of their Tyvek® Medical & Pharmaceutical Packaging (MPP) products. Healthcare practitioners have become conscious about the survival duration of the SARS-CoV-2 pathogens on HDPE large blow molded products.
According to a study published by the New England Journal of Medicine, it has been found that COVID-19 pathogens transfer less effectively from porous HDPE surfaces as compared to non-porous surfaces.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
High-tech Extrusion Blow Molding Machines Deploy Energy Savings and Boost Production Speeds
Manufacturers are participating in international trade events to gain visibility among their target users. For instance, ST BlowMoulding— a designer of extrusion-blow molding machines, participated in the K 2019 trade fair to showcase its ECT 880 CoEx3 three-layer, continuous extrusion blow molding machine that delivers high-purity material in HDPE products. Companies in the HDPE large blow molded products market are using equipment that deliver faster cycle time and uniform wall thickness in products.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Investments in high-tech extrusion blow molding machines are anticipated to become a prominent trend in the HDPE large blow molded products market to deploy energy savings. These machines are being extensively used to manufacture plastic drums and open-head drums. Customers who intend to store fish oil in large quantities are among some of the first buyers for HDPE large blow molded products and are generating incremental opportunities for manufacturers. Manufacturers are implementing antistatic additives on the outer layer of HDPE large blow molded products for increased fire safety.
HDPE Products: Hero or Villain for Plastic Drum Manufacturing?
New technologies in one-step injection stretch blow molding are being adopted to bolster the production capacities of plastic drums and intermediate bulk containers (IBCs). However, advantageous attributes of PET (Polyethylene terephthalate) are pervasively replacing HDPE large blow molded products, as PET products are lightweight and environmentally sound as compared to HDPE products. As stated by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in India, it is mandatory for manufacturers in the India HDPE large blow molded products market to comply with employee safety and environmental regulations.
Due to stringent environmental regulations, manufacturers in the HDPE large blow molded products market are using HDPE in applications that are specific to high temperature resistance and to function as a barrier against water vapor. Companies in the HDPE large blow molded products market are increasing their R&D activities to gain proficiency in thermoforming and injection molding technologies to improve their production capabilities.
Manufacturers Using Recycled Plastic Resins Gain Increased Recognition in Global Market
Due to stringent environmental regulations, manufacturers are adopting recycled plastic resins to comply with industry standards of the HDPE large blow molded products market. For instance, Mauser Packaging Solutions— a provider of solutions and services in the packaging world, is increasing its marketing efforts for its MAUSER L-Ring® PLUS Infinity Series drums that are made of recycled plastic resins from their in-house production. Companies in the HDPE large blow molded products market are building strategic ties with certified external suppliers of plastic resins to ensure high inventory levels during production.
HDPE large blow molded products made from environment-friendly and sustainable plastic resins are gaining increased recognition in the global market landscape. As such, the demand for tight head drums is surging in the market for HDPE large blow molded products. Carefully sourced HDPE plastics play an instrumental role in the transportation of hazardous liquids. Manufacturers are increasing the availability of ISO (International Organization for Standardization)-complaint drums to bolster their credibility in the market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in HDPE Large Blow Molded Products Market, ask for a customized report
The COVID-19 pandemic has reset the clock for opportunities in plastics. Manufacturers in the HDPE large blow molded products market are increasing their research efforts to adopt new technologies that play an instrumental role in recycling mixed plastics. They are using mechanical recycling methods for the processing of rigid HDPE containers and PET bottles. However, technological limitations for complex streams of multilayer containers are emerging as barriers in recycling activities. Hence, companies should adopt machine learning in sorting and chemical recycling processes to increase availability of high-quality resins from mixed plastic waste. Plastic drums made from virgin HDPE are in high demand to prevent issues of cross contamination.
HDPE Large Blow Molded Products: Overview
- HDPE large blow molded products are preferred, due to their ease of processing and cost-effectiveness. Thus, chemical and food & beverages industries are estimated to offer lucrative opportunities to the global HDPE large blow molded products market during the forecast period.
- Demand for packaging is anticipated to rise significantly, primarily in developing countries, in the near future. This is expected to augment the demand for HDPE large blow molded products in the next few years.
Key Drivers of HDPE Large Blow Molded Products Market
- In the blow molding process, air pressure is used to inflate soft plastic into a mold cavity. Blow molding is an important industrial process to manufacture one-piece hollow plastic parts with thin walls, such as bottles and similar containers.
- HDPE large blow molded products are replacing conventional glass and metal containers in the packaging of various products, owing to their improved properties such as crack resistance and ability to withstand high temperatures. HDPE large blow molded products, in the form of high-capacity drums, are employed in the packaging of milk products, automotive products, and household and industrial chemicals.
- HDPE is translucent and it can be colored easily as per packaging requirements. HDPE large blow molded products offer excellent moisture resistance. Hence, they are preferred materials for FMCG and other packaging applications, owing to their ease of handling and manufacture.
- Rise in the demand for HDPE large blow molded products in the packaging sector is characterized by rapid rise in the demand of packaging of food and beverages and FMCG products. Growth of the e-Commerce industry, primarily in developing economies such as China and India, due to increased penetration of Internet among young end users, has augmented the demand for packaging containers.
Key Challenges for HDPE Large Blow Molded Products Market
- Polyethylene polymers, such as HDPE, are key raw materials for use in the production of HDPE large blow molded products. These polymers are derived from petrochemicals. Thus, the price of HDPE products depends on global petrochemical prices.
- Volatility in the oil & gas industry affects the production of petrochemicals. This, in turn, leads to fluctuation in prices of polyethylene derivatives such as HDPE, LDPE, and LLDPE.
- Thus, volatility in prices of raw materials is anticipated to hamper the global HDPE large blow molded products market during the forecast period
Lucrative Opportunities for Players in HDPE Large Blow Molded Products Market
- Development of a strong distribution network and technological developments in packaging materials to enhance their aesthetic appeal and performance are projected to fuel the demand for packaging across the globe. This, in turn, is anticipated to boost the demand for HDPE large blow molded products during the forecast period, owing to rising adoption of enhanced packaging materials and methods to ensure delivery of high quality of products across the supply chain.
Asia Pacific Dominates HDPE Large Blow Molded Products Market
- Asia Pacific dominates the global HDPE large blow molded products market. Extensive usage of HDPE large blow molded products in specialty chemical containers, such as industrial bulk containers, owing to the increasing production of specialty chemicals in the region is driving the demand for HDPE large blow molded products in Asia Pacific.
- Rising consumption of HDPE large blow molded products in the packaging of food and beverages and FMCG products led by the rising demand for processed food, along with increasing penetration of FMCG products in in India, China, and countries of ASEAN makes Asia Pacific a lucrative market for HDPE large blow molded products
- The HDPE large blow molded products market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. These regions are likely to collectively lose a market share of 0.9% by 2028.
Leading Players in HDPE Large Blow Molded Products Market
- The global HDPE large blow molded products market is fragmented. Tier-1 companies include major players such as
- Time Technoplast Ltd.
- Greif Inc.
- SCHÜTZ GmbH & Co. KGaA.
- These companies have considerable presence in the global market. These companies constituted 45%–55% share of the global HDPE large blow molded products market in 2019.
HDPE Large Blow Molded Products Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global HDPE large blow molded products market to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for growth of the global HDPE large blow molded products market. The study also identifies growth avenues for market stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the global HDPE large blow molded products market is likely to expand during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global HDPE large blow molded products market, which can aid companies operating in the market in making strategic business decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the chemical & petrochemicals industry with respect to the global HDPE large blow molded products market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the global HDPE large blow molded products market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (kilo tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global HDPE large blow molded products market, along with key information and competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of major players operating in the global HDPE large blow molded products market, wherein various market developments and growth strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on HDPE Large Blow Molded Products Market
The report provides detailed information about the global HDPE large blow molded products market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global HDPE large blow molded products market, which would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the global HDPE large blow molded products market would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global HDPE large blow molded products market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global HDPE large blow molded products market?
Research Methodology – HDPE Large Blow Molded Products Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global HDPE large blow molded products market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global HDPE large blow molded products market.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global HDPE large blow molded products market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global HDPE large blow molded products market.
HDPE Large Blow Molded Products Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the global HDPE large blow molded products market, in terms of application and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different segments of the market and explains how they are influencing the global HDPE large blow molded products market.
Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs)
Food & Beverages
Chemical & Petrochemicals
Middle East & Africa