The polyethylene market may expect an upward trend in the forecast period of 2016-2024. This is because of the surge in demand for polyethylene products such as plastic containers, plastic bags, plastic films, etc. Polyethylene, also known as polythene or polyethylene is a member of the polyolefin resins family and comprises of long ethylene monomer chains. Beneficial properties of polyethylene such as increased impact strength, good chemical resistance, high ductility, and low weight are expected to boost the polyethylene market.
- Due to the rising environmental concerns and stricter government regulations, a rise in bio-degradable polyethylene may provide new growth opportunities for the polyethylene market across the forecast period. The addition of various additives may generate excellent growth for the polyethylene market. Considerable demand from vertical industries and domestic households may also prove to be an exponential growth factor for the polyethylene market.
- The use of polyethylene in sports, fashion, and toy industry has seen an upward trend due to various factors like packaging flexibility and durability. The agricultural sector is also proving to be a growth generator for the polyethylene market owing to the increasing demand for polyethylene for producing emitting pipes, nozzles, drippers, and microtubes.
- The introduction of new technologies for beneficially using recycled plastic is also a growth accelerator for the polyethylene market. The application of polyethylene in the construction industry is also expected to grow during the forecast period. Large scale use of polyethylene in creating various materials used in construction such as cover building materials, window films, and sheets, cover building materials and seal off rooms. Therefore, these applications in the construction industry can help in boosting the growth prospects of the polyethylene market. Prominent players in the polyethylene market are Lone Star Chemical, Saudi Gazette KSA, Dow Polyethylene, and Global Polymer Industries Inc.
Global Polyethylene Market: Snapshot
Commonly known as polythene, polyethylene is the most common form of plastic available on earth. It is also one of the common polymer used daily and is synthesized chemically from ethylene. Polyethylene is employed in variety of forms and can be used for different products such as plastic containers, plastic films, and plastic bags as they can be easily remolded after being smelted into liquid. Although having different uses, polyethylene is considered harmful for the environment. The sales and consumption of polyethylene depends on several factors such as trends in the demand for several products manufactured using polyethylene, environmental concerns, and government policies. the extensive growth in the global population is expected to bode well for the growth of the global polyethylene market.
The report is an enquiry in the growth of the global polyethylene market over the last few years and in the upcoming years. The market research study further reasons out the causes of the alterations in the market worldwide. It performs this task by presenting a valuation of the dynamics and the trends ubiquitous from the last few years and the ones that are likely to keep hold of a strong presence during the forecast period. The Porter’s five forces analysis has been taken into consideration by the analysts to offer a clear view of the vendor landscape to the readers. Mergers, agreements, acquisitions, and other partnerships have also been highlighted in the market research report. The study also delves into the working of several major companies along with information on their products, strategies, and shares in question.
Global Polyethylene Market: Trends and Prospects
Some of the chief applications of polyethylene are polyethylene sheets, polyethylene tubing, and packaging bottles. The demand for polyethylene is expected rise substantially in the coming years owing to the growing use of plastic container in several vertical industries and domestic households. The use of these polyethylene products is likely to further increase owing to the burgeoning world population and developing world economy. In spite of polyethylene having several applications, its negative impact on the environment is substantially high. This is likely to challenge the growth of the global polyethylene market over the coming years. Although polyethylene cannot be easily degraded, it can be melted and again used for making different products. A kind of aerobic bacteria known as sphingomonas is used or degrading polyethylene. Several methods are being adopted to develop an ethanol based polyethylene.
Global Polyethylene Market: Regional Overview
The market for polyethylene is expected to exhibit tremendous growth potential in countries such as Russia, Brazil, India, and China. The demand for polyethylene is likely to grow in these countries due to the growing population in these countries and the growth of the manufacturing industry. Other regions such as Europe and North America are likely to exhibit a stable and incessant demand for polyethylene over the coming years. The growth of this market is further expected to be enhanced if the manufacturers abide by the environmental regulations and acts imposed by the governments.
Global Polyethylene Market: Vendor Landscape
Some of the leading companies in the market are Saudi Gazette KSA, Global Polymer Industries Inc., Lone Star Chemical, and Dow Polyethylene.
Major geographies analyzed under this research report are:
- North America
- Rest of the World
This report gives you access to decisive data such as:
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for the coming years
Key highlights of this report
- Overview of key market forces propelling and restraining market growth
- Up-to-date analyses of market trends and technological improvements
- Pin-point analyses of market competition dynamics to offer you a competitive edge
- An analysis of strategies of major competitors
- An array of graphics and SWOT analysis of major industry segments
- Detailed analyses of industry trends
- A well-defined technological growth map with an impact-analysis
- Offers a clear understanding of the competitive landscape and key product segments
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.