Fecal Calprotectin Test: Introduction
- Fecal calprotectin test is a non-invasive clinical laboratory test that is used as a protein biomarker for the diagnosis of gastrointestinal disorders such as inflammatory bowel diseases, gastrointestinal infections, celiac disease, and colorectal cancer
- Calprotectin is a protein produced by the white blood cells. It is found in saliva, blood, stool, cerebrospinal fluid, and urine. Increase in level of calprotectin in stool is an indication of presence of gastrointestinal inflammation.
- Fecal calprotectin test is a quantitative measurement test that is usually carried out with the enzyme linked immunoassay (ELISA) technique. The test measures the level of inflammation in the bowel. Thus, it is inflammation specific and not disease specific.
- Fecal calprotectin test is primarily used as a protein biomarker in order to distinguish inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis from irritable bowel syndrome. This test also helps predict the relapse of the inflammatory bowel disease, therapeutic drug monitoring, and gastrointestinal disease prognosis.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Fecal Calprotectin Test Market: Key Drivers
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rate of inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, colorectal cancer across the globe is one of the factors expected to drive the global fecal calprotectin test market during the forecast period
- According to a research article published in the Lancet Journal in 2017, more than 6.7 million people were suffering from inflammatory bowel disease across the globe in the year
- According to Globocan, 1.8 million new cases of colorectal cancer were diagnosed across the globe in 2018. Colorectal cancer is the third most deadly and fourth most commonly diagnosed cancer worldwide.
- Low cost of the test, ease of conducting the test, non-invasive nature of the test, and high clinical importance of calprotectin test are estimated to boost the market during the forecast period
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Indication Segment to be Highly Attractive
- In terms of indication, the global market can be segmented into inflammatory bowel disease, colorectal cancer, celiac disease, and others. The inflammatory bowel disease segment is estimated to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rate of inflammatory bowel disease is one of the prominent factors anticipated to augment the segment during the forecast period
Diagnostic laboratories End-user Segment to be Highly Lucrative
- Based on end-user, the global calprotectin test market can be classified into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and academic & research institutes. The diagnostic laboratories segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Presence of large numbers of diagnostic laboratories, easy availability and accessibility of test at these centers, and low cost are factors that are estimated to drive the diagnostic laboratories segment in the near future
Asia Pacific Fecal Calprotectin Test Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global fecal calprotectin test market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is likely to dominate the global market during the forecast period. High prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease and colorectal cancer and rise in aging population are factors likely to boost the market in the region during the forecast period
- The fecal calprotectin test market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period. Rapid growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be ascribed to rise in incidence rate of inflammatory bowel disease and colorectal cancer disease in densely populated countries such as India and China; and improvement in health care infrastructure in the region.
- High growth rate of the health care industry, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading players in Asia Pacific are also expected to fuel the market in the region in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Fecal Calprotectin Test Market
The global fecal calprotectin test market is fragmented, with large number of global players holding major share. Key players operating in the global calprotectin test market include:
- LifeSpan BioSciences, Inc.
- RayBiotech, Inc.
- Eagle Bioscience, Inc.
- Abbexa Ltd
- Calpro AS
- Epitope Diagnostics, Inc.
- America Diagnosis, Inc.
- Alpha Laboratories
Global Fecal Calprotectin Test Market: Research Scope
Global Fecal Calprotectin Test Market, by Indication
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Colorectal Cancer
- Celiac Disease
Global Fecal Calprotectin Test Market, by Distribution Channel
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Fecal Calprotectin Test Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.