Emulsion Polymers Market
Emulsion Polymers Market (Product: Acrylics, Styrene-butadiene Latex, Vinyl Acetate Polymers, Polyurethane, Silicone and Hybrid Epoxy; and End-Use: Paints and Coatings, Paper and Paperboard, Adhesives, Textiles and Non-Woven and Leather) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Emulsion Polymers Market: Description
- Emulsion polymers are produced by polymerization followed by emulsification of monomers such as styrene and butadiene and some co-monomers such as vinyl acetate.
- Emulsion polymers are widely employed in various end-user industries such as paints & coatings, paper & paperboard, adhesives, and textiles & non-woven.
- Paints & coatings was the largest end-user segment of the emulsion polymers market in 2018. Furthermore, it is likely to be the fastest growing segment of the global emulsion polymers market from 2019 to 2027. Acrylics held major share of the global emulsion polymers market in 2018.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
What are Key Growth Drivers of Global Emulsion Polymers Market?
- Emulsion polymers are used in manufacturing paints and coatings for improving the quality of the color, heat sensitivity, and self-repairing abilities. Owing to the demand for high-quality paints, manufacturers are using emulsion polymers on a large scale to add value to their products.
- High demand from the paints & coatings industry has been driving the demand for emulsion polymers for the past couple of years. Emulsion polymers are used in the processing of various types of paints such as automotive OEM and refinish paints, and coatings such as architectural coatings, decorative coatings, and other industrial coatings.
- The market is also anticipated to grow as the demand for removable and permanent adhesives rises at a significant rate. Adhesives play a major role in the consumer goods industry, which includes household furnishings, packaging, and footwear.
- Needless to say, the increasing disposable incomes have bolstered the demand for these items, which in turn, has increased the demand for adhesives. This has provided the emulsion polymers market a significant impetus. The increasing uptake of adhesives in the automotive industry has also boosted the consumption of emulsion polymers in recent years.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
What are Key Challenges for Global Emulsion Polymers Market?
- Fluctuations in raw material prices are likely to hamper the growth of emulsion polymers market, creating a direct impact on their prices. Furthermore, the raw material demand and supply gap is anticipated to increase, as their consumption in other end-user industries is likely to increase in the next couple of years.
- Butadiene is extracted by steam cracking of naphtha, ethane, propane, and C4 hydrocarbons. Dehydrogenation of butane and butylene is another conventional method for producing butadiene.
- Variations in prices of these primary petrochemicals such as ethane and naphtha coupled with their growing consumption by other end-user industries are likely to affect the butadiene prices by 2027. As these petrochemical feed stocks are dependent on crude oil reserves, petrochemical prices are subjected to further volatility.
Lucrative Opportunities for Acrylic Emulsion in Global Emulsion Polymers Market
- Acrylics constitutes a large chunk of the global emulsion polymers market as well. Reports suggest that acrylics held a significant share in the global market in 2018. The ability of acrylics in imparting the property of quick-drying to paints has been the primary factor driving the consumption of acrylics across the globe. The fact that acrylic paints are superior in quality and provide excellent water resistance, strength, and adhesion has also sparked an interest for such paints amongst consumers.
- Supported by these drivers, the acrylics segment is anticipated to represent an opportunity worth more than US$21 bn in 2027 as it promises to expand at a CAGR of more than 5.5% between 2019 and 2027. Innovations in acrylic emulsions such as the introduction of water-based acrylic emulsion polymer products are expected to open up a new category of products in the market, thereby giving rise to a never-seen-before demand and opportunity. These paints will have the ability to gel with water-based inks and overprint varnishes.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Emulsion Polymers Market
- Asia Pacific has held a dominant share in the global emulsion polymers market with the support from developing countries of India and China. As the building and construction activities in these developing countries grows, it is expected to make a dramatic contribution to the regional revenues of this market. Furthermore, the flourishing demand for adhesives is likely to create an immense demand for emulsion polymers. Between 2019 and 2027, the Asia Pacific emulsion polymers market is expected to progress at a CAGR of more than 6.5%.
- Acrylics, a product of emulsion polymers, has been extensively consumed across Asia Pacific. The phenomenal demand for paints and coatings has been the key factor leading to the substantial uptake of acrylics.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Emulsion Polymers Market, ask for a customized report
Leading Players in Global Emulsion Polymers Market
- Some of the key players operating in the global emulsion polymers market are
- Synthomer plc
- BASF SE
- Celanese Corporation
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Arkema S.A.
- Trinseo S.A.
- Companies are currently focusing on expanding their product portfolio and developing emulsion polymers with myriad end uses.
- Furthermore, developing bio-based emulsion polymers will be a key strategy adopted by new entrants to break through the barriers of a highly competitive market scenario.
Global Emulsion Polymers Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global emulsion polymers market to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for growth of the global emulsion polymers market. The study also identifies growth avenues for stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the global emulsion polymers market is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global emulsion polymers market that aid companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the paints & coatings industry with respect to the global emulsion polymers market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight growth prospects of the global emulsion polymers market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (kilo tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global emulsion polymers market, along with key information and a competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of key players operating in the global emulsion polymers market, wherein various developments and expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Global Emulsion Polymers Market
The report provides detailed information about the global emulsion polymers market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global emulsion polymers market that would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which product segment of the global emulsion polymers market would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global emulsion polymers market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are winning imperatives of frontrunners in the global emulsion polymers market?
- Which end-user segment is expected to generate maximum revenue in the global market for emulsion polymers during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – Global Emulsion Polymers Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global emulsion polymers market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global emulsion polymers market.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global emulsion polymers market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global emulsion polymers market.
Global Emulsion Polymers Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the global emulsion polymers market in terms of product, end-user, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different segments and explains how they are influencing the growth of the global emulsion polymers market.
Vinyl acetate polymers
Others (Silicone, Hybrid Epoxy, etc.)
Paints & Coatings
Paper & Paperboard
Textiles & Non-woven
Others (Leather, etc.)
Middle East & Africa