Waterborne Coatings Market
Waterborne Coatings Market (Resin: Acrylic, Formaldehyde, Polyurethane, Alkyd, Epoxy, and Others; and End-user: Building & Construction, Automotive, Furniture & Flooring, Electronics, Marine, Paper & Printing, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Waterborne Coatings: Description
- Waterborne coatings are surface coatings or finishes that use water as a solvent to disperse the resin. Composition of waterborne coatings varies; these coatings may include as much as 80% water with small amount of other solvents such as glycol ethers.
- The content of water is high in waterborne coatings. Therefore, these coatings are environmentally-friendly and easy to apply. Waterborne coatings provide excellent surface properties such as anti-sealing effects, high gloss, and rub resistance. Waterborne coatings are excellent primers due to their resistance to heat and abrasion. They create strong adhesion, and can be applied in thick or thin coats.
- They also allow for easy color blending and changes. Waterborne coatings can be applied on inner and outer surfaces. These coatings help protect the surface from corrosion and provide high gloss, wetting, and stabilization. Waterborne coatings are used to increase surface resistance from weathering and rust. They are also used to improve esthetics and durability of structures.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
What are Key Growth Drivers of Global Waterborne Coatings Market?
- The building & construction coatings industry has changed over the last ten years. Presently available coatings have different raw material base and different environmental profile and properties. These changes have been brought about through a variety of influencers such as synthesis chemists, paint formulators, end-users, and environmental regulations.
- The building & construction coatings industry has enjoyed a period of healthy innovation over the last decade. A few of the key drivers have been the conversion from oil-based to waterborne paints, VOC reduction, removal of chemicals of concern, emergence of paint-and-primer-in one products, the desire to provide improved film properties such as dirt pickup resistance and early rain resistance, and the desire to provide easy-to-apply new looks.
- Rise in urbanization is increasing the demand for residential, commercial, and industrial infrastructure. This, in turn, is propelling the demand for waterborne coatings from Building & Construction End Users.
- Low interest rates on housing loans are increasing the demand for new houses, which in turn is driving the Building & Construction coatings segment, especially in the Asia Pacific. This segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace due to the increase in demand for infrastructure in residential, non-residential, and commercial sectors in Asia Pacific and MEA.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
What are Key Challenges for Global Waterborne Coatings Market?
- Waterborne coatings are likely to present a difficulty in the surface prep stage of a project. Water is a proffered substitute for solvents in some situations; however, it is also a key component of corrosion.
- Humidity and temperature have a negative effect on film formation and quality of waterborne coatings. Waterborne films are likely to remain wet and soupy at high humidity, while at low humidity, the film are expected to be too dry and have poor appearance. Therefore, waterborne basecoats for automotive are sprayed in booths with temperature and humidity control. This is costly for most industrial paint users.
- These coatings are susceptible to environmental conditions such as temperature and humidity during the curing phase making them impractical in certain climates.
Lucrative Opportunities for Players in Global Waterborne Coatings Market
- New opportunities for end-users of waterborne coatings have arisen, with companies developing products for different markets. Of late, the demand for these coatings has shifted from the building & construction sector to the industrial division. Companies could also invest higher amounts in advertisement in order to enhance their sales and the credibility of their existing as well as new products.
- Waterborne coatings are one technology which provides an opportunity to reduce VOC levels relative to traditional solvent borne technologies.
- Waterborne acrylics now find use in a variety of light and medium duty industrial End Users. Overall, the phenomenal growth of waterborne acrylic has been driven by a number of factors, including compliance with VOC regulations, ease of clean-up, less hazardous waste disposal and its associated costs, lower risk of health hazards due to exposure to solvents, less concerns with flammability
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Waterborne Coatings Market, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Waterborne Coatings Market
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific dominated the global waterborne coatings market in 2018. The waterborne coatings market in the region is primarily driven by the rise in infrastructure requirements in residential, non-residential, and commercial sectors. The building & construction segment in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future.
- Increase in demand for decorative paints and coatings in India and China, coupled with rise in awareness about waterborne coatings is driving the market in the region. Growth in population in Asia Pacific is propelling the construction industry in the region. This, in turn, is augmenting the building & construction segment. Regulations on emission of VOC are becoming increasingly stringent in countries such as China and India.
- Therefore, manufacturers are switching to environmentally-friendly technologies. The trend of using waterborne coatings is expected to gain momentum in the near future.
Leading Players in Global Waterborne Coatings Market
- The global waterborne coatings market is highly competitive. Key players operating in the waterborne coatings markets are
- BASF SE
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- Asian Paint
- Axalta Coating Systems Ltd.
- Altana AG
- PPG Industries Inc.
- Some of these companies are increasingly focusing on expanding their business by establishing new production facility and through strategic acquisition in Asia Pacific region. This will enhance their business related to waterborne and solvent based coatings in Asia.
Global Waterborne Coatings Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global waterborne coatings market to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for growth of the global waterborne coatings market. The study also identifies growth avenues for stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the global waterborne coatings market is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global waterborne coatings market that aid companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the clothing industry with respect to the global waterborne coatings market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight growth prospects of the global waterborne coatings market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global waterborne coatings market, along with key information and a competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of key players operating in the global waterborne coatings market, wherein various developments and expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Global Waterborne Coatings Market
The report provides detailed information about the global waterborne coatings market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global waterborne coatings market that would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which resin segment of the global waterborne coatings market would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global waterborne coatings market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are winning imperatives of frontrunners in the global waterborne coatings market?
- Which application segment is expected to generate maximum revenue in the global market for waterborne coatings during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – Global Waterborne Coatings Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global waterborne coatings market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global waterborne coatings market.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global waterborne coatings market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global waterborne coatings market.
Global Waterborne Coatings Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the global waterborne coatings market in terms of resin, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different segments and explains how they are influencing the growth of the global waterborne coatings market.
Building & Construction
Furniture & Flooring
Paper & Printing
Middle East & Africa