Lactate is a normal product of anaerobic cell metabolism and is released into the blood and metabolized by the liver. It is produced in large amounts when there is insufficient oxygen for activity in the cell. Lactate production can be increased in conditions that cause insufficient oxygen delivery, such as trauma, as well as in conditions that have disproportionate oxygen demand such as hyperthermia and seizures. Some medications such as metformin, salbutamol, phenformin, and HIV drugs can also cause high lactate levels. Normal lactate levels are less than 1.0 mmol/L in both arterial and venous blood.
Blood lactate testing equipment or blood lactate analyzers are machines that test lactate levels in blood. A blood lactate analyzer is used as a diagnostic tool. It can provide a quick and simple way to check the lactate levels in a patient. Blood lactate concentration changes in after physical training, so blood lactate analyzer useful in the measure of this elevated blood lactate concentration. Some differences between blood lactate testing equipment include time to result, sample size needed, capacity of test results storage, operating altitude and temperature ranges, and sample type (plasma or whole blood).
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth, Request a brochure of this report here
Blood Lactate Analyzer Market – Competitive Landscape
Major players have adopted strategies such as partnerships, agreements, new product development, and collaborations to gain competitive advantage in the global blood lactate analyzer market.
- In 2018, EKF launched pocket-sized lactate monitor for both sports training and personal fitness. Measuring lactate helps to define workout intensities for maximum fat catabolism, increase endurance, and avoid critical over-exhaustion.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. has one innovative device Accutrend Plus, which is used to measure triglycerides, cholesterol, glucose, and lactate. This device is suitable for professional use as well as for self-testing.
- Founded in 1847, Nova Biomedical, a key player in blood lactate analyzer market, is headquartered in Massachusetts, U.S., and operates in nearly 100 countries through subsidiaries or distributors. However, Nova has wholly owned subsidiaries in the U.S., the U.K., Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Japan, and Switzerland. Nova’s product offering belong to following divisions such as hospital, veterinary, biotechnology, clinics, self-testing, blood banking, and sports medicine.
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Established in 1896, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd is based in Basel, Switzerland. The company operates through two main business segments: pharmaceutical division and diagnostics division. Under diagnostic products and solutions, Roche offers clinical chemistry and immunoassays, molecular diagnostics, tissue diagnostics, point-of-care diagnostics, laboratory automation and IT, hematology and hemostasis, urinalysis, patient self-testing, and custom biotech solutions.
- Founded in 1888, Abbott is headquartered in Illinois, U.S. and provides wide range of diagnostic and medical test instruments to diagnose and monitor infectious diseases, cancer, heart diseases, and metabolic disorders and assess other health indicators. The company operates in more than 150 countries through various segments such as pharmaceutical products, diagnostic products, nutritional products, and vascular products
Beckman Coulter, Inc. (Danaher Corporation)
- Founded in 1984, Beckman Coulter, Inc. (Danaher Corporation) is based in Washington DC, U.S. and operates through three business segments, research & discovery, diagnostics, and industrial. The diagnostics business segment is further categorized into clinical products, laboratory types, and tests by discipline. The company offers various hematology analyzers, under its clinical products segment
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Blood Lactate Analyzer Market – Dynamics
Increasing incidence of major chronic diseases like diabetes, anemia and others are helps to propel the market
The global blood lactate analyzer market is projected to grow at a rapid pace due to rise in prevalence of major chronic diseases such as diabetes, anemia, trauma, hyperthermia, and others. These diseases responsible for increase in the blood lactate level, resulted rise in demand of lactate analyzer. According to the International Diabetes Federation, 425 million people across the globe were living with diabetes in 2017, and over 10% of the world’s adult population (642 million) is anticipated to have diabetes by 2040. According to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, anemia affects more than 3 million people in the U.S. Additionally, increase in awareness about physical training or activity, which leads to increase in demand for blood lactate analysis, such a factor is propel the growth of this market.
Manufacturers focus on to launch Innovative products to Surge blood lactate analyzer market
Manufacturers in the blood lactate analyzer market are strongly focusing on increasingly investing in the research and development activities to design and develop new and innovative blood lactate analyzer. For instance, EKF Diagnostics has one innovative product i.e. Lactate Scout 4, which is used for measuring lactate and it helps to coaches and athletes to avoid overtraining, assess endurance, devise optimum training programmes.
Blood Lactate Analyzer Market – Segmentation
On the basis of Application, the Blood Lactate Analyzer market can be divided into:
On the basis of End-users, the Blood Lactate Analyzer market can be divided into:
- Home Care
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.