Acute Exacerbation of CRS Treatment Market
Acute Exacerbation of CRS Treatment Market (Treatment: Antibiotics, Leukotriene Inhibitors, Antihistamines, Mucolytics, Decongestants, Nasal Saline Irrigation, Oral Corticosteroids, Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, and Others; Route of Administration: Topical, Nasal, Oral, and Injectable; Distribution Channel: Online Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Hospital Pharmacies; and Infection Type: Staphylococcus Species and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- 234 Pages
Manufacturers Increase Availability of Treatment Options amid COVID-19 Pandemic
Acute exacerbation of CRS (Chronic Rhinosinusitis) is regarded as a serious airway disease. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations, it may be a risk factor for exposure to COVID-19 as well as for existing COVID-19 positive patients. Hence, companies in the acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market are increasing the availability of treatments and medicines to reduce morbidity and mortality of patients.
Manufacturers in the acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market are boosting their production capacities in intranasal corticosteroids that are considered as the gold standard for CRS in patients with coronavirus. Stakeholders are gaining awareness about reducing surgical treatments to the minimum. Treatment with biologics is being recommended with careful monitoring in non-infected patients and should be temporarily interrupted during COVID-19 infection.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Acute Exacerbation of CRS Treatment Market
Biologics Hold Promising Potentials for CRSwNP Patients Before Initial Surgery
CRS with nasal polyps (CRSwNP) is a common and heterogeneous inflammatory disease of the upper respiratory tract. Despite the potential value of biomarker-based endotyping to provide guidance regarding optimal care and treatment choices for patients with CRSwNP, the current practice is largely not biomarker-based. This explains why the acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market is slated to register a CAGR of 4.6% from 2021 to 2031. Hence, companies are now increasing focus on biologics, especially for patients before considering initial surgery.
Patients with comorbid severe asthma and for whom surgery is less available are opting for biologics. Biologics are being recommended for use immediately following surgery in patients who have a history of nasal polyp recurrence within 12 months of a prior surgery.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Antibiotics Help in Treatment of Patients with Severe Asthma, CRS
Severe asthma and acute exacerbation of CRS lead to frequent comorbidities, thus complicating the overall management of the disease. Biomarkers such as absolute eosinophil count in peripheral blood and fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FeNO) may be used as indicators of type 2 asthma endotypes and help predict response to biologic therapies.
There is data indicating that the presence of CRS is associated with worse outcomes in patients with asthma, more specifically with increased risk of frequent exacerbations. Hence, companies in the acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market are increasing their production capabilities in antibiotics, oral analgesics, and intranasal steroids, among other treatment options to improve patient outcomes.
Individualized Treatment with Antibiotics Improves Patient Quality of Life
Defining acute exacerbations of CRS with quantifiable clinical and immunologic metrics has remained a challenge due to the complex etiology of acute exacerbations and the inconsistency in endpoint reporting. Current recommendations for treatment of acute exacerbation of CRS continue to suggest blanket medical intervention, including short-course antibiotic treatment. Companies in the acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market are increasing R&D to improve methods for clinically defining the disease and its risk factors to facilitate individualized treatment.
Manufacturers in the acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market are boosting their output capacities in first-line antibiotic therapies such as amoxicillin, with or without clavulanate to improve patient quality of life.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Healthcare providers are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and have recommended aligning any diagnostic and treatment operations with guidance from the WHO and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market is expected to reach US$ 7.06 Bn by 2031. Though available biological agents have therapeutic effects for patients with asthma and CRS, the improvement of nasal symptoms is less evident, despite reaching satisfactory asthma control. Hence, companies should improve their knowledge in potential therapeutic agents and increase the ability of biological agents to equally reach different tissues in order to improve patient outcomes.
Acute Exacerbation of CRS Treatment Market: Overview
- Rhinosinusitis is a serious health issue that affects people all over the world. It's a sinus infection that starts in the nasal passages and spreads to the paranasal sinuses. Nasal blockage, purulent nasal discharge, and face pain-pressure-fullness are the three main symptoms. The patient defines nasal obstruction as obstruction, congestion, blockage, or stuffiness; purulent nasal discharge is hazy or colored in appearance; and facial pain-pressure-fullness affects the anterior face and periorbital area, or presents as headache that can be localized or widespread.
- The acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market is anticipated to be driven by the increase in rhinosinusitis patients during the forecast period. In 2018, the CDC estimated that 28.9 million individuals in the U.S. were diagnosed with rhinosinusitis.
Acute Exacerbation of CRS Treatment: Market Drivers
- Acute CRS exacerbation is gaining traction due of its considerable impact on patients' quality of life and healthcare costs. Acute CRS exacerbation is a kind of CRS that is started by viruses and subsequently followed by bacterial infections, which may be the result of a bacterial species imbalance inside the sinus cavities.
- Understanding the etiology and immunological mechanisms of acute CRS exacerbation has increased significantly. However, there is currently no consensus definition, diagnostic criteria, biomarkers to distinguish acute CRS exacerbation from CRS, illness severity assessment, or evidence-based therapy choices for acute CRS exacerbation.
- Rise in mucosal inflammation incidences leading to rhinosinusitis is expected to drive the demand for acute CRS exacerbation treatment over the next few years
- Demand for acute CRS exacerbation treatment is expected to further increase due to rise in patient awareness about sinusitis treatment. New products and device development in the field of acute CRS exacerbation are also projected to significantly propel the market.
Surge in Product Launches and Approvals
- In December 2020, AstraZeneca announced gaining marketing authorization from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) for use of the original research medicine, Fasenra (Benralizumab solution, for injection in a single dose prefilled syringe30 mg/ml subcutaneous administration only) in patients with severe asthma (eosinophilic asthma) or chronic rhinosinusitis. Benralizumab (Fasenra) is indicated as an add-on maintenance treatment for severe asthma with an eosinophilic phenotype in adult patients or patients with chronic rhinosinusitis. Rising number of product approvals is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
Market Segmentation: Acute Exacerbation of CRS Treatment Market
- In terms of treatment, the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market has been classified into antibiotics, leukotriene inhibitors, antihistamines, mucolytics, decongestants, nasal saline irrigation, oral corticosteroids, endoscopic sinus surgery, and others
- In terms of route of administration, the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market has been segregated into topical, nasal, oral, and injectable
- Based on distribution channel, the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market has been categorized into online pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and hospital pharmacies
- Based on infection type, the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market has been bifurcated into staphylococcus species and others
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for acute exacerbation of CRS treatment trends, recent trends & developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market report provides current and future revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments for the period from 2017 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2021 to 2031 along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Acute Exacerbation of CRS Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been further divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- North America accounted for a prominent share of the global market for acute exacerbation of CRS treatment in 2020. North America is expected to retain its market share during the forecast period primarily due to rise in cases of rhinosinusitis in the U.S. For instance, rhinosinusitis accounted for around 12 to 17 million annual visits to physicians and 12% of antibiotics prescribed to geriatric patients in the U.S., making it one of the 10 most common conditions to be treated in ambulatory practice. Hence, increase in cases of acute rhinosinusitis is projected to fuel the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market.
- Asia Pacific is likely to increase its market share by the end of the forecast period. Product launches, acquisitions, distribution agreements, alliances, and geographical expansion by local players, especially in China and India, are anticipated to drive the acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market in the region. Surge in healthcare expenditure and rise in awareness about sinusitis are projected to drive the market in the region.
- Demand for acute exacerbation of CRS treatment is also driven by expansion of major industries and the launch of acute exacerbation of CRS treatment by major companies in the region
- Current and future market sizes in terms of value (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and major countries have been provided in the report for the period from 2017 to 2031, along with their CAGRs for the period from 2021 to 2031
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the market, which are estimated to help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market share and in the decision-making process.
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market
- Leading players analyzed in the report are
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
- Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bayer AG
- Eli Lilly And Company
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Merck & Co, Inc.
- AstraZeneca Plc
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc
- Mylan N.V.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Acute Exacerbation of CRS Treatment Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides the revenue of the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market for the period 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market from 2021 to 2031.
The report has been prepared after extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as entities interested in participating in the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market.
The report also delves into the competitive landscape of the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market. Key players operating in the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are attributes of players in the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Acute Exacerbation of CRS Treatment Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by acute exacerbation of CRS treatment products across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market?
- What are major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the global market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which treatment segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2031? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Acute Exacerbation of CRS Treatment Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of treatments.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that have been appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market in terms of treatment, route of administration, distribution channel, infection type, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders to make informed business decisions for investment in the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market.
Acute Exacerbation of CRS Treatment Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market includes information divided into four segments: treatment, route of administration, distribution channel, infection type, and region.
|Route of Administration||
Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global acute exacerbation of CRS treatment market have been discussed in detail.