Sinusitis Treatment Market
Sinusitis Treatment Market (Treatment: Analgesics, Antihistamines, Corticosteroids, Antibiotics, Sulphonamides, Quinolones, and Surgery; Disease Type: Acute Sinusitis, Sub-acute Sinusitis, and Chronic Sinusitis; Route of Administration: Topical, Nasal, Oral, and Injectable; and Distribution Channel: Online Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Hospital Pharmacies) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Distinguishing Symptoms of COVID-19, Sinus Gain Importance with Telemedicine
Since sinus infection and COVID-19 have similar symptoms, there is a need to differentiate between the two. Stakeholders in the sinusitis treatment market are increasing awareness that coronavirus is associated with some of the striking symptoms such as dry cough, whereas sinus is linked with cough involving mucus. Other striking symptoms such as chills & aches and loss of smell or taste are helping people to distinguish between the two. As such, there is a lack of evidence whether COVID-19 causes sinusitis.
Due to the symptoms of sinus overlapping with that of COVID-19, stakeholders in the sinusitis treatment market are increasing awareness about telemedicine and e-health to reduce the load on healthcare professionals and minimize clinical visits. Digital consultations are growing rapidly among individuals living in urban cities. Stakeholders in the value chain are mapping future growth opportunities in telemedicine to increase its penetration in rural regions.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Sinusitis Treatment Market
R&D in Antibiotics Resulting in Better Alternative Interventions
There is a growing need to re-think acute sinusitis treatment in adults. The current over-prescribing of antibiotics has led to an increase in drug-resistant pathogens, which has become an urgent public health threat in the U.S. This is leading to increased morbidity, mortality, and costs for patients & healthcare systems. Hence, companies in the sinusitis treatment market are increasing their R&D efforts to offer better alternative interventions to treat the symptoms of patients.
Antibiotics are predicted to dominate the second highest revenue among all treatment types in the market. However, current studies examining the efficacy of antibiotics for acute sinusitis have included generally healthy adults, and most have excluded patients with severe illnesses or co-existing conditions such as diabetes or pulmonary diseases. This has stressed on the importance of thorough research studies to improve clinical outcomes with the help of antibiotics in the sinusitis treatment market.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Improved Intra-nasal Drug Delivery Helps to Improve Patient Quality of Life
The high prevalence of chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS) in the U.S. is creating lucrative revenue opportunities for companies in the sinusitis treatment market. Nasus Medical - a startup born out of Stanford Biodesign and now a Fogarty Institute Company is tapping incremental opportunities in the CRS treatment by developing a solution for improved intra-nasal drug delivery. Competitor companies are taking cues from such innovations to develop advanced devices that allow patients to treat themselves at home to minimize symptoms of chronic sinusitis in its early stages.
Since nasal steroid sprays are largely ineffective, given that they only reach the front most portion of the nasal cavity, companies in the sinusitis treatment market are increasing their R&D activities to develop devices that push past the nasal inflammation. These devices help to access the optimal anatomic target to make sprays more effective.
New Nasal Sprays Deliver Drug in Hard-to-reach Cavities of Patients’ Sinuses
The unique nasal spray designs are a fast growing phenomenon in the global sinusitis treatment market. Innovators are gaining awareness that stakeholders need to go beyond drug innovations and focus more on ways to deliver it in hard to reach cavities of the patients’ sinuses. The Optinose XHANCE is gaining popularity for overcoming this challenge and developing a nasal spray that patients can use at the comfort of their home. Since the symptoms of acute sinusitis are fairly severe, and can be measured to the same magnitude of harm to a patient’s life as other chronic diseases, med-tech companies are innovating in new designs of nasal sprays.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Healthcare professionals and institutes are increasing efforts to educate people about the differentiating symptoms of sinus and COVID-19. The sinusitis treatment market is expected to reach US$ 4.5 Bn by 2031 and expand at a modest CAGR of ~4% during the assessment period. However, high-dose antibiotics and steroid pills lead to significant side effects. Hence, companies should develop devices that improve intra-nasal drug delivery using innovative devices and minimize side effects of antibiotics. Med-tech companies in the sinusitis treatment market are boosting their R&D capacities to develop devices that deploy bi-directional exhalation to allow fluticasone to move around the obstructions in the nasal cavity.
Sinusitis Treatment Market: Overview
- Sinuses are a connected system of air-filled cavities located in the skull. Sinusitis is an inflammation of the sinus lining caused by bacteria, virus, fungi, and microbes. Bacterial sinusitis is less common than viral sinusitis and requires antibiotics, while viral sinusitis is most common and does not require antibiotics.
- Fungal sinusitis is also known as allergic fungal sinusitis and is caused by aspergillosis fungi. Possible symptoms of sinus infection are nasal obstruction, discolored nasal discharge, and facial pain that lasts for seven days or more. Facial pain is a common symptom in sinusitis. A patient could feel pain around the eye, forehead, nose, and root of teeth. There are three primary types of sinusitis: acute sinusitis, sub-acute sinusitis, and chronic sinusitis.
- Acute rhinosinusitis is a general disease with global prevalence. The disease is a major burden on health services. Rhinosinusitis is a major health problem globally. It is an infection of the nasal passages and paranasal sinuses.
- Primary care physicians usually tend to think of sinusitis as an acute bacterial infection. Hence, antibiotics are prescribed to 92% of patients in the U.K. and 85% to 98% of sinusitis patients in the U.S. In 2003, the number of medical prescriptions for acute bacterial sinusitis was around 7.6 million in Germany. In France, around 7% of all antibiotics are prescribed to treat suspected acute bacterial sinusitis.
- The annual cost of treatment in the U.K. is GBP 10 Mn (EUR 14.7 Mn, US$ 20 Mn). In 1996, the total cost of prescription and non‐prescription medications used for the treatment of sinusitis in the U.S. was around US$ 3.39 Bn (EUR 2.5 Bn, GBP 1.7 Bn). Rhinosinusitis accounted for around 12 million to 17 million annual visits to physicians and 12% of antibiotics prescribed to geriatric patients in the U.S., making it one of the 10 most common conditions to be treated in ambulatory practice. Hence, increase in cases of acute rhinosinusitis is projected to fuel the growth of the global sinusitis treatment market.
Market Segmentation: Sinusitis Treatment Market
- In terms of treatment, the global sinusitis treatment market has been classified into analgesics, antihistamines, corticosteroids, antibiotics, sulphonamides, quinolones, and surgery. Antibiotics have been split into cephalosporin, penicillin, and macrolide. The surgery segment has been bifurcated into endoscopy and balloon sinusplasty. Antihistamines are beneficial for reducing ostiomeatal obstruction in patients with allergies and acute sinusitis.
- Based on disease type, the global sinusitis treatment market has been categorized into acute sinusitis, sub-acute sinusitis, and chronic sinusitis. Acute sinusitis is generally caused by common cold. Signs and symptoms could include nasal obstruction and congestion, which may block a patient's sinuses and prevent drainage of mucus. Hence, rise in cases of common cold & flu lead to increase in cases of acute sinusitis, which, in turn, propels the global market.
- In terms of route of administration, the global sinusitis treatment market has been divided into topical, nasal, oral, and injectable. Oral administration of medication is a cost-effective, convenient, and most commonly used route of administration. The primary site of drug absorption is usually the small intestine, and the bioavailability of the medication is impacted by the amount of drug absorbed across the intestinal epithelium.
- Based on distribution channel, the global sinusitis treatment market has been classified into online pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and hospital pharmacies. Retail pharmacies are preferred due to faster services and brand availability.
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The sinusitis treatment market report provides current and expected revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2021 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2021 to 2031, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Sinusitis Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global sinusitis treatment market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and expected market revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2021 to 2031, with their CAGRs from 2021 to 2031
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global sinusitis treatment market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares and in the decision-making process
Sinusitis Treatment Market: Major Players
- The sinusitis treatment market report concludes with the company profiles section, which includes key information about major players in the global sinusitis treatment market
- Leading players analyzed in the report include
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
- Fresenius Kabi USA, LLC
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Bayer AG
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Merck & Co, Inc.
- AstraZeneca plc
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Aurobindo Pharma
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals plc
- Mylan N.V.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the sinusitis treatment market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, application portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Sinusitis Treatment Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global sinusitis treatment market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides revenue of the global sinusitis treatment market for the period 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) of the global sinusitis treatment market from 2021 to 2031.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the sinusitis treatment market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various attributes of the global sinusitis treatment market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global sinusitis treatment market. These serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global sinusitis treatment market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global sinusitis treatment market. Key players operating in the global sinusitis treatment market are identified and each one of these is profiled in terms of various attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are the attributes of players in the global sinusitis treatment market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Sinusitis Treatment Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by sinusitis treatment across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global sinusitis treatment market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which treatment segment is expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2030?
- Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What are the market positions of different companies operating in the global market?
Sinusitis Treatment Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global sinusitis treatment market begins with an overview, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. The report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and key vendors and distributors operating in the market and regulatory scenario for approval of products.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global sinusitis treatment market in terms of treatment, disease type, route of administration, distribution channel, and region. Key segments under each criterion are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global sinusitis treatment market.
Sinusitis Treatment Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global sinusitis treatment market includes information divided into five segments: disease type, treatment, route of administration, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global sinusitis treatment market are discussed in detail.
|Route of Administration||